PowerObjects Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

PowerObjects Reviews

Updated Sep 30, 2019

Found 49 reviews

3.7
PowerObjects CEO Jim Sheehan (no image)
Jim Sheehan

"Amazing people and company to work for"

IT Support Coordinator in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PowerObjects

Pros

Smart colleagues, great benefits, lots of growth opportunities

Cons

Nothing bad to say, great company

PowerObjects2018-08-08

August 16, 2018Marketing Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to submit feedback! The opportunity for growth is definitely something to be excited about. We understand many want to grow in their careers, and we're glad we can often support that goal internally - especially as we continue to grow!

2. "Not worth the hype."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at PowerObjects full-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to learn new technologies/stack. Good for candidates who are starting out right out of college.

Cons

Bureaucratic environment. Don't expect to have a career progressions although they do state it in their core values.

PowerObjects2019-09-30
  3. "Consultant"

Current Employee - D365 BA Consultant

I have been working at PowerObjects full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with, A company that really sees the potential in people and helps bring it out.

Cons

Senior Management changes have created opportunity for change, the company is still in a transition period.

Advice to Management

Keeping the focus on employee development and the company's core values will maintain loyalty.

PowerObjects2019-08-07

"Not for me"

Former Employee - Senior CRM Consultant

I worked at PowerObjects full-time

Pros

-Training -Lots of interesting, energetic people

Cons

-Middle management stretched too thin

PowerObjects2019-06-17

July 9, 2019Marketing Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share. We review all feedback for opportunities to grow. Thanks for the commitment you gave to PowerObjects during your time here!

"Good Company that lost direction in the last couple of years"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at PowerObjects full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

a) Flexibility at work. Remote Employees can spend some quality time with families while working. Even employees based in Minneapolis office are provided with flexibility at work b) Decent starting pay and benefits c) Opportunity to work with organizations from varied industries, mostly small and medium enterprises. Very few enterprise level clients. d) Completely focused on the Microsoft Dynamics eco-system e)... Excellent marketing team

Cons

a) Weak Leadership - Some leaders are just baggage from the past and are exceptionally incompetent in dealing with highly skilled employees who join from other large organizations resulting in employee turnover and attrition b) Post HCL acquisition, PowerObjects has been getting into large enterprise projects, only to realize that they don't have the capacity or talent to handle enterprise level clients as... they've mostly been in the small and medium enterprises space c) There is no concept of annual performance appraisals and hikes are a rarity. An employee doesn't know what he/she is working towards as there are no KPIs, no goals, not even a defined career ladder for various streams i.e. functional, technical, project management, architecture etc. This is a major cause of concern amongst consultants resulting in frustration and churn of consultants. There is very little growth for consultants at PowerObjects d) Promotions are doled out to those who are 'friends' with some members in leadership. e) Remote employees don't get to know whats happening at the organization and are completely cut off from the happenings at the company except for a weekly meeting for 30 mins that discusses birthdays and some select updates from departments. Many accessories are distributed just amongst Minneapolis employees and remote employees don't even get to know about any such stuff f) Layoffs - Layoffs are a common sight. Imagine having no annual performance appraisals, KPIs and employees being laid off for utilization and performance! Isn't it ironical? This attitude points to point 1 above; Weak leadership g) Management has taken fancy titles from HCL roles (Post acquisition) like vice president, AVP, Practice Director, DGM and given random roles to everyone below a capability director, project director. Everybody is either a consultant, senior consultant or a lead consultant. Sad part is most consultants don't realize how low they are in HCL hierarchy as the management says titles don't matter, while they (Leadership) end up taking correct titles in HCL hierarchy. Just relate this with the aspect of no appraisals, KPIs, goals and no defined corporate ladder h) Fake billing - A lot of employees inflate billing and hours worked to improve utilization percentages. I've seen some consultants at 148% utilization!

Advice to Management

Value your employees, provide them a career path and growth. Layoffs without any performance appraisals and justifications is destroying the employer branding you've built in the last few years.

PowerObjects2019-03-02

June 3, 2019Marketing Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. In the last three years we've more than tripled in size. While it appears you're no longer working with us, we'd still like to thank you for your contributions in helping us achieve this growth. While we have seen a lot of good from this, we know that also comes with growing pains -- things all of us, at every level of the organization need to consider. Our leadership offsite this spring brought some of these issues into view, and we discussed our plan to ensure we're staying true to what has helped us get this far -- a commitment to our people. Our Annual All Company Meeting explained some of the ways we plan to address employee concerns, but overall, we remain optimistic that engaged employees will hold us accountable for maintaining a work atmosphere where everyone can love what they do.

6. "Senior Consultant"

I have been working at PowerObjects full-time

Pros

Laid back, low-stress, independent work environment. With a team this size there are a lot of smart people who know CRM well.

Cons

Bought out about 3 years ago, we've grown fast but it seems like the larger corporation is starting to take hold around here.

Advice to Management

Take care of your people's bottom line, so they don't have to look elsewhere for work.

PowerObjects2018-07-27

August 16, 2018Marketing Program Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience! We strive to keep PowerObjects' culture and guiding principles intact each and every day, and we do that by taking feedback from the team into consideration. As our company grows at such a fast pace, we know there are bound to be changes, and while change can difficult sometimes, we hope you find some of them exciting and beneficial! Our goal is to ensure PowerObjects continues to be a place where we're surrounded by people who love what they do. Thanks for being a part of the team!

"Cool and fun workplace without much work/life balance"

I worked at PowerObjects full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool office in cool area. Engaged, fun, talented coworkers. Fun, interesting projects. Casual workplace. Very good value system. Good morale.

Cons

Poor benefits (2 weeks PTO and a lousy family health plan), no annual reviews or annual pay increases, poor work/life balance, expectation to work long hours and be really into "PO life." A lot of expectation to socialize with coworkers, which is great if you're able to, but not the best for anyone who wants a life outside of work. You're expected to be loyal and really love the place. "Entrepreneurial" workplace is... used to cover for disorganization and lack of direction. Not much room for advancement, hiring and talent is focused on churning through consultants who are hired fast and then burn out.

Advice to Management

Focus less on loyalty to PO, more on developing people. Put better benefits in place, have a more consistent pay raise structure. Realize that the best talent isn't always young and able to devote their whole lives to PO.

PowerObjects2018-04-01

September 7, 2018Marketing Program Manager

First: forgive the delay in response! Next: thanks so much for submitting feedback. While we are disappointed to hear this was your experience, we are still grateful to hear what people are really thinking so we can work to build a better place to work. That excitement for PO you mentioned comes organically from people enjoying their work culture, and if there are portions of our team that are experiencing less than ideal environments, we want to fix it. Many teams do enjoy spending time together outside work, and when teams choose to do so, we're happy to see this. (That's why we often will sponsor team outings to Twins games, apple orchards, happy hours, and more!) We believe this is conducive to a healthy atmosphere, but at the same time, we also believe in a work life balance. We understand space away from work is important to recharge. We make an effort to encourage open communication about workloads across teams so work-life balance can be respected, and we do sincerely apologize if you expressed this and didn't feel heard. Please know we will make a stronger effort. Thank you for the time you spent as a valued member of our team!

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at PowerObjects full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are hard working and bright. Very eager to delivery quality. Awesome environment to get some initial consultant skills. Quality internal education program.

Cons

Minimal work/life balance encouraged. High burnout potential. Little focus on personal or professional growth.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk of believing in the truly high-quality staff you have. Help employees create a sustainable schedule and workload because they all deserve it.

PowerObjects2017-05-31

November 26, 2018Marketing Program Manager

Thanks for the feedback! We absolutely believe our team deserves a work/life balance, and while we regret you didn't feel you received that, please know that we're making efforts to ensure everyone on our team feels comfortable raising a concern when they aren't receiving much needed and earned time off. We'd be nowhere without the outstanding efforts of our team - including the time you spent with us!

"Best CRM Partner to work for"

I worked at PowerObjects full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great, hands on leadership who knows the technology and jobs first hand Leads and drives by core values Team atmosphere Not a cut throat consulting/delivery team Cool office space in Minneapolis

Cons

Can be a lot of travel for delivery consultants, but that's the nature of consulting Minor pain points in system mergers with recent acquisition (email, Skype, etc)

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing Make sure the employees know that even with the acquisition you're still there and you still care

PowerObjects2017-04-18

"Not overly impressed."

I have been working at PowerObjects full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not micro-managed and less travel than most consulting firms, at least what I've experienced. Challenging work and freedom to do that work is refreshing.

Cons

You get pulled in 1,000 different on multiple projects so you can't gain any momentum on one. Management / client delivery has no real good idea of what you're working on or how many hours you're billing. Project managers have no clue what they are doing or how to truly manage projects - but that could be because they are also pulled in so many directions and aren't given many hours for each project. Benefits... (medical, vision, dental) are lackluster and below industry offerings as is the salary. No vision, No orthodontia coverage for kids and $1000 annual coverage for dental.

Advice to Management

Please take a hard look at your benefits package. For those of us with families, it's hard to justify staying too long as the cost of staying outweighs the benefits.

PowerObjects2017-02-20