Found 30 of over 34 reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The culture is amazing and leads to camaraderie and collaboration between employees." (in 7 reviews)
- "Lots of really smart people that continually push each other" (in 7 reviews)
- "· Leadership: The leadership team is approachable, transparent and inspiring – if you’ve ever heard our CEO speak, you’ll agree that those three characteristics come across loud and clear." (in 4 reviews)
- "Team is currently small but growing." (in 4 reviews)
- "The core values are a real thing here." (in 3 reviews)
- 5.0Jan 5, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeCary, NC
When you see the company's values posted on the walls, at first you might think it's like every other company out there - platitudes that they don't actually follow. That's not the case at PrecisionLender, they live their core values every single day in small ways and in large decisions. If you ever wanted to work someplace where you are looked at as a significant and intelligent part of the team, then find a way to get hired on here. The best part of working for a company that looks to hire the best possible people is that you find yourself surrounded by great co-workers! PrecisionLender has figured out that paying the right people a salary that is what they need to do great work isn't paying too much, it's paying for the best people - which ends up being a lot less than cycling through the wrong people. With the company growing at an astonishing rate and poised to continue that growth for the next few years, I've finally found my dream job surrounded by my dream co-workers following my dream CEO.
The cons at PrecisionLender are what most people would consider the upside at any other company. Since there is an open vacation policy - meaning unlimited vacation, some people feel guilty actually using it! Because PrecisionLender ascribes to the "hire adults and treat them like adults" mantra, we are filled with people who love what they do and actually look forward to coming to work - so vacations, especially 2 straight weeks, are rare.2
- 5.0Oct 21, 2015Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
PrecisionLender is place where you'll feel valued. I go in early and stay late because I'm excited about the work I'm doing. However, if I wanted to go in late and leave early, no one would mind. There aren't corporate rules here that make you feel stifled and monitored because your coworkers trust you to do great work and will do everything they can to help. The values are ubiquitous and it has helped shape me into a better person outside of work as well. I find myself wanting to be known as more humble, more open and more direct, and I listen to people with every muscle. Employee success is a top priority. We meet with our supervisors monthly to discuss any frustrations or obstacles. That time set aside to catch up allows leaders to find ways to remove walls and make every single person successful. Truly servant leadership.
It's exciting to work somewhere that's growing quickly, but it can also be scary. Nobody wants to lose this special thing we're a part of and it only takes one bad hire to ruin that. As a result, hiring becomes a huge chunk of someone's workload and it can be difficult to balance that with high priority projects.7
- 5.0Nov 1, 2017Client SuccessCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearCary, NC
· Colleagues: When I am asked about my favorite thing about PL, I always say "the people." Everyone here is smart, curious and kind, and I am consistently learning about new topics or business strategies from others. · Leadership: The leadership team is approachable, transparent and inspiring – if you’ve ever heard our CEO speak, you’ll agree that those three characteristics come across loud and clear. · Professional Growth: As a nimble, growing company, every day at PL is unlike the last. Each person is pushed to try new things and take on new professional challenges. · Flexibility: PL employees are given a lot of freedom in working remotely where needed. There is no need to stress about waiting for a delivery at home or working remotely an extra day to accommodate better travel logistics. We also have a very generous time off policy that allows us to take as much time as we need throughout the year to see family, clear our heads, etc.
We have a very purposeful and deliberate hiring process, which means bringing on new people often takes a long time -- in a rapidly growing company that can be discouraging. However, the process allows us to be sure we've made the right choice and gives the candidate ample time to get to know PL and be confident in their decision to come aboard.5
- 5.0Nov 24, 2014Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearCary, NC
I've only been at PrecisionLender for a short time, but have found the culture and company to be encouraging, energizing and empowering. Management works hard to create and maintain an "open book" environment for its employees. We have a wiki page for almost everything, so information should be quick and easy to find. But if you get lost or get a little curious - just ask! Another way they work to keep everyone up to speed is through our weekly company meeting (aka "Free Lunch Friday"). During the meeting we focus on a specific area of the business (development, marketing, sales, etc.) so that everyone is aware of what is going on and what is coming down the pike. There is a level of excellence that is expected, but when you are surrounded by rock stars, you can't help but want to be part of the band!
We have great ideas, but some times there aren't enough hours in the day to get to the tactics and execute. The pro to this con though - as we grow our team, we will be able to make more of these dreams come to life. Being part of a smaller company requires you to be agile, fluid and wear different hats. Some could see this as a con, but if you have the PrecisionLender DNA you'll see this as an opportunity to expand your super powers!1
- 5.0Aug 12, 2016Software EngineerCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCary, NC
There's a tendency for engineers to just care about the code in front of them, and I've found that a lot of jobs beat that into you: "Someone else will care about the clients, you do the product like I tell you to." At PrecisionLender, the focus from the top to the bottom is the client. They want you, as an engineer, to talk to the clients and understand not only what their needs are, but how they work and the pain points of their day-to-day job. It's an enlightening experience seeing what a developer can accomplish when they're not just working from some technical design doc, and instead are using their creative powers to solve real world problems presented to them by real world people. It makes the entire experience that much better, both for the client and the developer.
After years spent working in oppressive environments, it's hard to shift from the "The BA tells me what to put where", and feel the freedom to tell your manager "I'm not done yet, there's still more I can do to make their day better".2
- 5.0Aug 10, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent EmployeeCary, NC
I've never been as happy in a job as I am at PrecisionLender. The culture is focused on building and creating value for people, but we also have a ton of FUN! It seems like just about everyone is almost always laughing or genuinely smiling. The work is intellectually challenging, but also very rewarding - it feels like what we are building makes a difference in the lives of real people. Leadership does a really good job of making employees feel like the work they do is valuable, and that they are valued. I feel like I can be an authentic human being at PrecisionLender, and not just be a resource. Also, the unlimited vacation is a great benefit. I don't worry about small things like doctors or dentists appointments impacting my work, and I don't feel guilty about taking a vacation when I need it.
One of the other reviewers said, "You couldn't buy a job like this one." I wholeheartedly agree with that.1
- 5.0Dec 8, 2016Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
PrecisionLender is one of those truly unique companies where everything just feels different. Lots of tech companies have either a visionary founder/incredible product OR a solid and stable management team that cares about culture and employees. Very few have both. PrecisionLender pulls it off, mostly due to the tag team of Carl and Ken. The big plusses: * The product continues to be pushed forward, and with it comes lots of growth and exciting opportunities/projects for employees at all levels * People are treated "like grown ups." Unlimited vacation, very few formal approvals needed for most decisions, etc * Lots of really smart people that continually push each other * Lots of transparency on company direction, condition, etc
No real cons to share. You should expect to work hard, and be challenged every day, but in general the people hired here prefer that.3
- 4.0Apr 26, 2019Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
- Focus on growth provides great opportunities for team members to own their role, make recommendations for improvement and ultimately make a difference for the client - Strong leadership support on an individual and team basis makes the environment a place for everyone to be themselves and play to their strengths - SasS product and strategy allows for continued technical growth given how quickly the market continues to evolve - Company values are documented, talked about and practiced on a daily basis
- Fast paced growth objectives requirethat individuals be flexible to adapt to ongoing change (not necessarily a con, but may not suit everyone) - Smaller company size makes career pathing in traditional sense different from what some individuals are used to1
- 5.0Aug 16, 2017Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCary, NC
Everyday that I come to work here I learn something new from the great people that I work with. Being constantly surrounded by people who are both passionate about what they do, and excellent at it, drives me to be better than I thought I could be. As I have grown with the company, the opportunities to grow into new responsibilities, roles, and teams, have been abundant, so the learning and growing seems to be endless.
I think that cons are relative to what you are looking for, but some people might be turned off by the pace at which things change as the company grows. If you want to plan out exactly what you will be doing for the next month, and expect those plans not to change, you will not be happy here.2
PrecisionLender Reviews FAQs
PrecisionLender has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 34 reviews left anonymously by employees. 96% of employees would recommend working at PrecisionLender to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
96% of PrecisionLender employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated PrecisionLender 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.