Primitive Logic Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Jill Reber

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Excited To See Continuous Growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic (More than a year)

Pros

When I first interviewed with Primitive Logic, the team was sincere and transparent about the company and hiring the right people. The company values their employees so they welcome employee feedback/thoughts by having an open door policy with the Executive team and managers, holding casual monthly all-hands meetings, and sending employee surveys.

At our annual company meeting last week, they provided visibility into what employees were truly interested in knowing about especially the company's vision and growth. I was excited to hear our CEO and President share the company's refined strategy and focus. There was also transparency surrounding sales and target metrics, and presentations on focused solution areas which provided insight into what kind of projects Consultants are working on and what we are targeting. To round it out, Primitive Logic is making investments in employee recognition and reward plus continuous employee career development which I look forward to.

Cons

I would like to see a matching 401k.

Advice to Management

Continue to share the project wins and successes broadly with the company.

Sep 21, 2016 – President

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We really appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that your excitement after the company meeting.

"Developer"

Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Software Developer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Has different kind of projects

Cons

Not using Cutting Edge technologies

Mar 27, 2017 – President

Thank you for your review. We do focus on a variety of projects and products, such as CRM with Salesforce, Integration and MDM work with Informatica, IIoT GE/BitStew and AMI, Websites and Portals... More

"Employee focused with lots of opportunities ahead"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Interesting projects, great clients, a good mix of both tenured and more junior consultants - all extremely smart and genuinely good people. Leadership has an obvious focus on supporting and developing employees.

Cons

Normal growing pains - trying to put scalable processes in place as we grow. It means more processes to follow, but it's helps keep everyone aligned and focused.

Advice to Management

Keep making investments in growing and developing employees, and continue doing whatever you can to keep leadership on the same page.

Sep 19, 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review and positive thoughts about our company, our projects, and our clients. We completely agree with your comments about putting more... More

"No Leadership or Vision"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Little travel, light working hours, no pressure environment

Cons

Management - run single handedly by tunnel visioned COO; no strategy; low end consulting skills; very much a body shop; no training or career building

Sep 19, 2016

I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a great experience at Primitive Logic. As you can probably appreciate - different people are going to have different project experiences at a consulting... More

"Senior Consultant / Delivery Manager"

Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Primitive Logic full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Variety of project / consulting work across a number of clients in the bay Area.

Cons

It is a smaller company.

"Good people but subpar management. Meager career advancement outlook"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some interesting client work, depending on the industry and function. The company has accomplished a lot of meaningful work and has various clients in the fortune 100.

They hire nice people -- that does mean something.

Heavy focus on tech implementation, if that's what you're interested in.

Good work life balance (little to no travel, reasonable work hours, billable hour bonus) especially for consulting.

Cons

The work does not seem to come consistently, so many remain on the bench for longer than they should. If work comes up, there is an inclination to fit individuals into stretch roles -- understandable per business needs, but not ideal for morale.

Upper management (CEO, COO) are not out of touch with anyone below Sr Director -- for a small company this disconnect and political divide is unnecessary but unfortunately not surprising.

The company lacks overall concrete direction, and is instead stitched together by project opportunities that come up mostly by circumstance (someone knows someone...) -- no cohesive strategy is apparent. (The CEO was unable to answer a simple "5 year outlook" question on the spot -- All CEOs should know this answer immediately.)

Not a "modern" place to work -- company approaches (from methodologies to office design) are from the early 2000s at best.

Additionally benefits are quite subpar given the high expectations of companies in San Francisco.

Advice to Management

Engage with all employees -- there's no excuse given the company's size. If someone is willing and able, it's your job to make sure they add the right value -- just don't stick them in any role because it comes up. Be mindful of your people's desire for specific career advancement, or else risk high turnover and low morale.

Sep 19, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write such detailed feedback. We appreciate your comment about the great work we have done and the great people we have. We agree with your comment about the sales... More

"Own your career path at Primitive Logic."

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was new in the consulting space when I started at PL a year ago. I felt that finding a company with the right culture was important to making an industry transition. I’m glad I did! Since the beginning, I have experienced transparency and authenticity from leadership and my colleagues, plus my mentor has made the last year an enriching experience. The company is growing and I embrace the positive changes.

Cons

Kitchen is functional but we need a designaed lunch room other than the conference room or outdoor patio. The fresh fruit basket is a great addition.

"Senior Consultant"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours
    Management listens to you on what kind of project you want to work on.
    Support personal growth, building a career path

Cons

We could use more sales people and shadowing/training programs

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Primitive Logic full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I hit the ground running exactly a year ago and could not be happier. I was immersed on a project team right away, and the people at Primitive Logic have put me in a position to succeed on the client site as well as internally. The people I work with challenge me and push me to do better everyday. The flexibility is one of the best things about Primitive Logic. Management understands we have lives outside of the workplace and encourage us to have a balance.

Cons

Due to the nature of Consulting not all the employees are in the main office, as they are at client's sites often. Still, whenever everyone is together there is a great family culture about the workplace.

"As one of the few undergraduate hires in PL’s history, it’s hard to imagine a better place to start my career."

Current Employee - Consultant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

In contrast to some of the larger consulting firms, Primitive Logic boasts a supportive, team-oriented group of employees spread between San Francisco (HQ), Los Angeles, San Diego, Las Vegas, and Arizona – all fun places to be on a project. The majority of employees have been in their industry 10+ years, including Oracle, Salesforce, and Birst experts. Over the years, PL has done a great job recruiting good people and retaining top talent. After celebrating our 30th Anniversary last year, there is a sense of excitement as the company continues to experience exponential growth.

After I was hired, PL exposed me to a wide variety of projects and made a conscious effort to find an opportunity that matched both my skill set and career interests. My managers have always found a healthy balance of putting me in a position to succeed while presenting challenges and opportunities for growth on a regular basis. That’s all a young kid fresh out of college – or really anyone – could ask for. Every project isn’t created equal. It’s not all gravy, but at the end of the day that’s the nature of consulting – work hard and you will be rewarded.

I am proud to be a part of this team, and highly recommend motivated individuals join us at the forefront of business technology and strategy.

Cons

- Limited organized gatherings and opportunities to spend time with coworkers outside the office due to travel requirements
    - Coffee machine is old school

Advice to Management

A handful of Glassdoor reviewers seem to enjoy picking on management. Since I’ve been here, albeit a short time, our CEO and VPs have demonstrated a genuine effort to increase transparency and communication (weekly internal email, internal company surveys, monthly lunch and learns, Monday group coffee breaks, etc.). I have personal connections with these people, and tremendous confidence in their ability to grow and manage our company. To those concerned with a cloud of uncertainty surrounding our strategy, understand we’ve immersed ourselves in an ever-changing technological landscape that inevitably requires us to adapt and change directions. This ability to evolve is what makes us unique and successful.