ProAutomated Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John Webb

1. "Strategic Account Manager"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the things that I absolutely loved about ProAutomated when I first joined was its seemingly limitless potential. The company had only been around for about 5 years but was just starting to really take off (from my viewpoint). That potential has not let me down thus far. I was a part of the expansion onto the West Coast (the BEST COAST)! I saw the company branch out from a single manufacturer to most of the major brands. Most importantly, I helped to build the sales department from the ground up. I believe all of that was done with a vision to make ProAutomated a great company.

Cons

For Field Service Engineers/Technicians (FSE/FSTs) travel is the most difficult part. That isn't quite an issue at all with the Strategic Account Manager (SAM) role. The biggest drawback to the SAM role is how new the sales division is (only about 2 and a half years old).

Advice to Management

Continue listening to employee and customer feedback.

"Field Service Technician"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Cinnaminson, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Cinnaminson, NJ

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company really cares about it's employees. Management is awesome. The job itself is really interesting, a different environment everyday.

Cons

No stability as far as work locations. Some week's you can be in 5 cities in 5 days. This job is perfect for a single person looking to travel.

"Great company with a tough job"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing benefits, training included, love my coworkers and bosses. The pay is fair, and the company constantly is trying to improve and gain feedback from employees on how to improve.

Cons

Travel and lack of control over my schedule makes it hard to balance work and life, but the company does their best to mitigate this as much as possible

4. "Field Service Engineer"

Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Elkton, MD
    Current Employee - Field Service Engineer in Elkton, MD

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Take as you need vacation after 18 months, company outings

Cons

Extensive travel = bad work/life balance

5. "Field Engineer"

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager/Field Engineer in Woodbridge, VA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager/Field Engineer in Woodbridge, VA

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great vacation benefits, holiday parties, and company outings, bonuses. They attempt to foster a family style environment which was much more effective in the past. You arent stuck in a cubicle, and you get to travel for the company, sometimes internationally. They allow you to keep any rewards points from your travel (miles, hotel points, car rental points, etc) Weekend pay is decent.

Cons

The travel can be quite exhausting as many times you can be in one to three different cities or states in a given week. I would average the travel away from home to be around 70%-90%. You are a contractor for many companies products, so you either have to be perfection or very vocal, as when problems arise, its not only from ProAutomated's mouths. They have great values, but I believe it was easier to implement when the company was smaller.

"Employed right out of school for two months, completed training then got Laid-Off."

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Elkton, MD
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Elkton, MD

I worked at ProAutomated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company Culture is great.

People here are awesome.

Work is exciting, new experience everyday.

Treats their employees great once you get out in the field.

Cons

This company relies on other companies for contracts. It seems like there biggest contract is trying to phase them out, which caused a lack of work, leading them to lay-off their new hires.

During training, the company enjoyed scaring their new hires, constantly warning them that they may be fired tomorrow. This created competition that ended up being pointless because they let us all go anyway.

Company CEO posting a "5-star rating" on Glassdoor about his own company shortly after laying off employees.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your employees better.

Don't threaten to fire your new hew hires everyday if they learn exactly the way you want them to.

During the interview I asked the question, "how is the job-security in this position." Which I received a strong reply explaining to me that the company is trying to double in the next year.

"Great opportunity for growth and work experience."

Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technical Project Manager in New York, NY

I worked at ProAutomated full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pro Automated allows great opportunity for exposure to a variety of professions- architects, engineers, electricians, AV pros, and contractors of all sorts. Every day of work is different, and each project has unique challenges. It is a great mix of white collar/blue collar experience.

Cons

The travel can become a bit taxing, but that is being eased as the company grows and people can travel more within a specific region.

"Someone who worked there for 6 months"

Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Field Service Engineer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ProAutomated full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Travel, Pay, Culture, Management, Work From Home when not traveling

Cons

Travel Percentage, Difficult Managing Outside Contractors, Work/Life balance

9. "Honest, Welcoming, & Challenging"

I have been working at ProAutomated full-time

Pros

The entire company pushes for personal and professional growth, and management works hard to support employees. Exceedingly fair compensation schedule, nice benefits package, relaxed but professional atmosphere. It has the innovative feel of a start up with the stability and structure of a larger and long-established company. Career advancement through both vertical and horizontal channels, with defined goals and regular reviews.

Cons

The schedule is not always set in stone. Employees need to be flexible with day to day schedules, while having the ability to plan months ahead to get vacations and the like. Because most appointments are independently done, it can be a bit isolating. The company gatherings help to offset, but the issue remains. People longing for routine likely wouldn't do well here.

Advice to Management

Management maintains good communication lines, but sometimes they can feel a bit formal. Some strictures (such as policies regarding tattoos and non-standard ear piercings) might need to be reconsidered in the future.

10. "Company with good people"

Pros

The people that work here are all very nice. Good vacation package.

Cons

Health insurance package could be better.