Prodea Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Change the world!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Prodea team is working to change the world. That is what all the employees believe and work towards. The management team are pioneers in technology and they have the understanding and contacts to succeed. They not only care about building a quality product that can disrupt how people live but they want to help the world in the process. Our projects work to help refugees and rural areas of India. We are working to expand this work and also in the developed world. Our platform is versatile and will change how individuals live and this is what drives most of the employees. Anousheh is a great ambassador for the company, she gets access where most people do not. She was at the oscars, she is invited by POTUS for an innovation forum, she gives keynotes at universities and at tech conferences. Our engineering team has some of the smartest people I have ever worked with and they are hardworking. I enjoy working at Prodea and have grown tremendously working with the management team and the CEO.

Cons

There have been financial struggles but honestly when joining the company I was ready for that risk. Employees are also investors in the company. With that said - we have quality customers and we are at the point where revenue growth is going to increase exponentially. Further, the management team has been clear and honest about any setbacks - whether it is the financial situation or any potential customer.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate the wins that sometimes all our employees do not have access to.

"Many unpaid former employees"

I worked at Prodea Systems full-time

Pros

There were a lot of good people there at one time. There are still a few left. The company was once ahead of the game in IOT until it lost its way.

Cons

This company owes large sums of money to a big number of people who used to work there.

Ex employees were given promises that they would be paid as soon as funding came in, and they would be paid back wages at the same time as the current employees.

Because the ex employees have been trying not to hurt the company, they have been relatively quiet so far.

I and others gave Prodea the benefit of the doubt that the company would keep its promises of fairness. That thought process should be revisited. Silence isn't helping.

Advice to Management

Enjoy your back pay. Must be nice.

"Going Places"

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time

Pros

Great team members - I can count on folks to go above and beyond and back each other up.
    Cutting edge projects that are leading this company to great things
    Companies ability to deliver complex projects.
    The company allows side projects that can lead to new services.
    Great open door policy - company is very good at communicating where they are.
    The management team responds and answers any questions quickly and openly. Loyalty to people is the best that I have ever seen.
    People I work with are passionate and smart - this leads to great success by challenging and encourage others to step out of their comfort zones, and support them even when they do not agree.
    Management has been very open and honest with us on the business opportunities and what as a company we are doing.
    Great benefits and good HR support.
    This company is going places in 2017 and has been sitting this up for success.
    I love that we are a start up and in that mode! not for everyone. see cons
    I have worked in large fortune 500 companies and worked in the consulting world. This by far is the best place I have ever worked.

Cons

Would like to go at a faster implementation rate. Trying to get there.
    Some employees have expressed themselves that do not reflect the true nature of what is going on. However even with that people are optimistic!
    If you are not ready for ups and down as a start up this might not be for you.
    Trump administration H1 policies have a lot of people nervous - once again not so much a con of this company but as a statement about how people are feeling.
    So better coffee would be nice.

Advice to Management

Please continue on with the open door and the open communication. Like with everyone the more communication the better!

"Cool Technology"

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time

Pros

- flexible + relaxed work schedule/environment
    - work with lots of different technologies
    - working on good social causes, helping the less fortunate around the world

Cons

- Needs more out of office activities
    - more communication between groups

Advice to Management

-Create some friendly competition in the company and reward or acknowledge the best performers on a quarterly basis in some way

"Nice technology. Tough times."

I worked at Prodea Systems full-time

Pros

Amazing technology and platform. Every other company is trying to get this implemented, while Prodea has it launched years ago. All employees were given a system to play with at home. I have various IOT solutions at home and I personally felt the Prodea's system was far ahead of any one else out there. The management team is friendly and listening.

Cons

Salary! People like to get paid on time, and the company is going through a tough time right now. But this has happened in the past and Prodea has always come thru and took care of their employees. Also, in their defense, they have openly advised people to exit if they are not able to fight through this situation with them. I exited, but I do see a few employees hang on and complain. Not sure why they do that.

Advice to Management

Keep up with market trends and stick to the target until you hit it. All the other solutions out there were way behind Prodea, but now slowly they are creeping up to it. Changing priorities often does not help at this time.

"Drinking Through a Fire Hose"

Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of challenging work and intelligent people working hard to make this place increasingly successful. It is a rich environment to learn and expose yourself to new roles and knowledge. The product has a great potential to be revolutionary. The people are the greatest asset this company has.

Cons

Workload is high, resources are not what they should be to ensure success. This needs to be addressed.

Advice to Management

Focus company energy and commitments into what we do best. Avoid waste of time and energy where possible.

Almost every person in the company at the moment is critical. Their knowledge of the product is invaluable and IRREPLACEABLE. Protect the companies greatest asset, its employees and the knowledge in their heads.

"Right space to be in"

Pros

In the right space at the right time (IOT)
    Powerful executive team with very strategic relationships
    Nice, friendly co-workers, who are very dedicated

Cons

- better insight into the long-term vison or planning would be appreciated
    - more cross-team communication needed

Advice to Management

Empower the employees more!

"Software Architect / Technical Manager"

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time

Pros

Freedom to play and try out new technologies

Cons

Very tight schedules , better planning would help.

9. "Okay"

I have been working at Prodea Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Highly intelligent work force, great to work with

Cons

Unable to sell a potentially great product

"Business Development"

Former Employee - Business Development in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Business Development in Plano, TX

I worked at Prodea Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not much to say here.

Cons

No clear direction from management. They tended to change direction on an almost monthly basis. Payroll was often shorted and/or late. Expenses were never paid. Out of pocket like everyone else that worked there.

Meanwhile, the market kind of passed them by....

Advice to Management

How long can one keep this up?