Product Development Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tim Dinovo

1. "Great family oriented"

Former Employee - Data Processor in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - Data Processor in Westminster, CO

I worked at Product Development Corporation (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family Oriented, Laid back, Average Pay

Cons

Cross training could be more

Advice to Management

Good job

2. "Waste of time"

Former Employee - IT Administrator in Westminster, CO
    Former Employee - IT Administrator in Westminster, CO

I worked at Product Development Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good coworkers. Relaxed work environment

Cons

Terrible benefits, Most expensive health insurance I have ever had, Little to no PTO, No working remote allowed

Advice to Management

The company deals in phone books which is a dying industry. They are only worried about saving money. There is little to no work available for the main office in Westminster. The managers have no motivation since the company is shrinking. Employee moral is at an all time low. They have lost a lot of good employees due to lack of work and low pay. The IT management is incompetent at worst and clueless at best. Look elsewhere for employment if possible. This company won't be in business too much longer. They have no plan to move into anything other than phone books. They want to be the last player in the industry, which is dying more and more each day. So there is no hope for this company in the future.

3. "Field Supervisor"

Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Field Supervisor in Denver, CO

I have been working at Product Development Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great job if you don't mind working by yourself with little supervision, Management is done from another state and you rarely see your managers.

Cons

Long time away from family. great for a single person but sucks if you are married with kids.

5. "Awesome place to work!"

Current Employee - Clerk in Westland, MI
    Current Employee - Clerk in Westland, MI

I have been working at Product Development Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are awesome
    The pay is amazing and the workers are great

Cons

None that I can think of

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

6. "Good group of people to work with and for."

Current Employee - IT Center in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - IT Center in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Product Development Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The work is interesting and the people are good to work with mostly. Lots of employees have been with the company for a long time which makes for a relaxed but productive environment.

Cons

The industry (telephone book delivery) is contracting and there isn't a clear vision for what the company will do in the long term future; So there is often a sense that the company needs to be careful of its finances although upper management continues to assert that the company is financially strong. There is a sense from mid-upper management of over-competition for resources that seems unnecessary if only the company would grow in other directions, but when that is attempted, the infighting among management becomes a challenge.

Advice to Management

There is a good and talented group of people working at PDC and a potential for great success if leadership will take the steps and make the changes to transform into other realms of business.
    At this time, Peter Boulais is no longer president at PDC.

7. "Decent Job"

Current Employee - Clerk in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Clerk in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Product Development Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There isn't an issue if you need to take time off.

Cons

The pay is low and the job requires too much travel.

Advice to Management

Increase pay and update your policies to include more technology.

8. "Close group of people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Pros

Fantastic coworkers! Casual atmosphere. People honestly care about each other and do their best to do great work. Teamwork and morale has improved drastically.

Cons

Unclear of the direction of the company. Employees seem unsure of future.

"Eh,...it was easier to find another job."

Former Employee - Senior SQL Database Administrator in Thornton, CO
    Former Employee - Senior SQL Database Administrator in Thornton, CO

I worked at Product Development Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can honestly say most co-workers were cool.

Cons

Let's put it this way, I worked there for one month and was so disgusted by my manager I placed my notice via E-Mail because I could not face this person. I quit my job without having a job lined up I was so fed up with the place.

Advice to Management

See section "Cons".

"Disorganized and Dishonorable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Pros

most managers are good with work life balance. Data Processing department seems fair, employees seem content.

Cons

IT side is a mess. As stated in other review managers not knowledgable in their areas. HR dept is nice but not helpful. Senior IT indifferent to employees, doesn't even speak to anyone who isn't a buddy, never encouraging, only critical. The place is oppressive and there is no advancement. very old technology, old hardware - difficult to get upgrades, difficult to get better tech overall. disorganized from payroll, to HR, to IT. angry employees who are protected - in all the years I was there I never once saw HR or management attempt a more positive environment. IT professionals can and should seek opportunity elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Bring in fresh management. People with extensive backgrounds in more competetive environments. most of the managers have been with the company so long they know no other way and don't understand what is happening in business today. I am confident the company would serve itself so much better if you bring in a CIO(currently open) that has proven leadership skills, solid IT and Business background and one who isn't there to make friends at the cost of the business. HR needs to be replaced!! They need to understand the law and its application. very critical.

11. "There is no future at this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Pros

The developers are great to work with and they are very flexible when it comes to work schedule.

Cons

Company has no vision or goal. They are not committed to technology, in fact they run away from it. Nothing like spending years pushing to get technology into the company to see it be taken away because someone who is not qualified doesn't think its useful. They are scared to actually learn something new to help the company grow. There is no potential for career growth there. Management will lie and talk behind your back. Senior management will micromanage your software development decisions and code. If you are dumb and kiss butt you will go far.

Advice to Management

Let IT do its job and make the company productive and efficient. At least half of the management team should be fired and replaced with competent people. Need to make a big shift away from phone books or the company is doomed.