Professional Case Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Greg Austin

Pros
  • Good pay, able to work with nice patients and families (in 10 reviews)

• Clients are great, flexibility, pay is good (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • horrible case managers and schedulers, little to no communication, no benefits (in 6 reviews)

• not enough work to do full time (in 5 reviews)

1. "Excellent job, salary and management."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Professional Case Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are always management to talk with, share your concerns with, and help is only a phone call away.

Cons

There are not monthly meetings for local staff to meet and greet and form co-worker bonds with.

Advice to Management

Monthly meetings with Case Managers and all levels of staff would be helpful. We could share our career experiences, charting skills, interpersonal relationship skills to assist each other with clients difficult medical diagnosis/prognosis. A "Meeting of the minds."

2. "Flexibility"

Current Employee - CNA in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Professional Case Management part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy working for this company because of the flexibility that I have. I can pick and choose when I want to work.

Cons

Staffing goes for a lot of people and it makes it hard sometimes to get shifts or you will get a shift then show up to the job and another caregiver is already there.

Advice to Management

none

"CNA"

I have been working at Professional Case Management full-time

Pros

Make your own schedule. That's it!

Cons

No PTO so if you get sick and need money plan on passing your illness to your patients. Lousy health insurance, only CM get PTO. Good luck with communication to these people.

Advice to Management

Need PTO or you will lose patients to nurses (CNA, LPN, RN) illnesses! Won't recommend anyone to you!

5. "Decent hourly rate_ when shifts available"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Clarksville, TN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Clarksville, TN

I have been working at Professional Case Management part-time

Pros

Hourly rate higher than average in the area. When it's good, it's can be very good.

Cons

Not always easy to get shifts, especially shifts that aren't a long commute.

"Not Dependable Employment"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Paducah, KY
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse in Paducah, KY

I have been working at Professional Case Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay scale is excellent , Enjoy one on one patient care, Like I can choose what days I work.

Cons

If patient you are assigned goes in hospital or dies you do not get paid and it may take weeks or even months to get another patient . So you are never sure if you are going to be part time or full time. If your hours fall below 30 hours a week they make you pay for your insurance or they will cancel your health insurance. You have no benifits like retirement or 401k, The insurance they do provide is really high and so is your deductible. The schedulers really dont have a clue what your schedule is and will call you asking you to cover shifts you are already working. The scheduler will email you open shifts that are already filled or you put in for a permanent shift and they tell you it is taken then call you the same day to have you cover it. Makes no sense to me.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the list of people you have that will take shifts and then call off from them. I think you should consider your nurses that have been with the company for years and are reliable and always show up for their shifts on time first before new nurses you hire and take permanent shifts and dont show up and call off all the time. Ive been with this company for 6 years and im always on time for my shift and i rarely call off work. I have never had so much trouble getting permanent shifts to work and maintain my 3 days to work than i have this past year. I cant get 3 permanent shifts yet i see adds for hiring more nurses?? This makes no sense to me. You have alot of nurses that take permanent shifts then call in all the time and then your company is payying out bonuses for someone to cover that shift.

"Stop bad mouthing the Oak Ridge office!"

Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - RN Case Manager in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Professional Case Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay. Great team members. Flexible hours, benefits are getting much better. Have worked for pcm over 3 years now.

Cons

401 needs to be matching.

Advice to Management

I just happened to see this link so I got on and looked at reviews. I have to respond to some reviews. The reviews that are put on here are most likely employees that left because they weren't ethical and could not handle the high standards that pcm does work hard to maintain. It's funny how people always want to slam people and blame others for their inability to maintain professionalism, evidently that is why you are no longer with PCM. The oak Ridge staff are working very hard and have always been very fair and professional with me and my peers. Can't people just leave a position without always trying make others look bad...PCM is number 1 in my eyes and the Oak Ridge office works hard each day to care for the clients. You Rock! I am proud to work for PCM.

8. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Professional Case Management part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Seems to be plenty of shifts available. Flexible to fit in my schedule.

Cons

Little training before working with patients. You better know your skills.

Advice to Management

More communication with case managers, more orientation before seeing patients.

"Management using Authoritarian attitude"

Former Employee - RN BSN in Ashland, OH
    Former Employee - RN BSN in Ashland, OH

I worked at Professional Case Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We are professionals and pay is median level.

Cons

As we are professionals ourselves possessing a BSN, being treated like a 3 year old and having mommy threaten us with spankings is unheard of. I left because of this totally unprofessional approach to handling employees. Caring for dying clients includes their families as they ultimately are the main caregivers. Not to include them or take them into consideration is totally against what nursing is all about.

Advice to Management

Give respect to your people. The dollar is your bottom line. Your customers and their well being should be more important. Its a back stabbing arena. Hands holding certain hands and no ability to move forward due to the jealousy that resides. New nurses cannot move forward as the 'frends' continue to get the better openings, the better hours I don't think management exposing their breasts in daily attire is professional at all.

10. "Registered Nurse"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Professional Case Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, and some benefits. Flexible staffing.

Cons

Not many patients on the roster in my area. Limited hours.

"Epitome of Unethical"

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Aiken, SC
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Aiken, SC

I worked at Professional Case Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay was good for the area, but no benefits.

Cons

Most unethical company I've ever worked with. They could care less about the patients or the employees. Money is their only agenda...& if they can't earn it honestly, they will forge physician signatures to get it! And if you refuse to participate in their unethical and criminal practice...they will make up reasons to fire you!

Advice to Management

Keep it clean...don't be crooks. Sooner or later you will be caught by the DOL.