Progenity Reviews | Glassdoor

Progenity Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2019

3.5
Progenity CEO Harry Stylli (no image)
Harry Stylli
Pros
Cons
  • "Some of the reps, all the way up to upper management are sitting around waiting to cash out(in 4 reviews)

• "Everyone is hanging around waiting to sell or go public and cash out their stock(in 2 reviews)

1. "Best Place I Have Ever Worked"

I have been working at Progenity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Awesome culture with happy employees. Highly collaborative. Challenging work with opportunities to grow and develop. Great benefits.

Cons

There does not seem to be established company values or it is unclear as to what they are. Fast growth which comes with expected growing pains. Some systems and programs are very antiquated.

Advice to Management

Establish company values to help guide employees and increase engagement in their day to day work.

Progenity2019-10-12
  2. "great place to work"

Current Employee - IT Engineer

I have been working at Progenity full-time for more than a year

Pros

rapid growth provides lots of opportunity, positive work environment, great benefits, good work-life balance

Cons

priorities change dramatically and constantly, this is a symptom of the rapid growth in my opinion and more a feature than a bug, but I know some people are put off by that sort of environment and just want something predictable. If you want predictable, this isn't the place for you.

Progenity2019-09-20
  3. "Yikes."

Former Employee - Scientist in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Progenity full-time

Pros

Casual dress, free soda & coffee

Cons

Obvious favorites in the company- if you’re not one of them, you can forget about ever advancing your career here. Obviously, this causes tension among the staff. Ive heard more bad mouthing here than I have anywhere else I’ve ever worked. Management knows this and intentionally ignores it. Don’t even get me started on how little they care about the patients.... just check out this place’s yelp reviews. I would... never ever recommend this place to any expectant mother even if she was my worst enemy. Overall, it wasn’t a horrible place to work temporarily, but if you’re looking to establish your career I would steer clear of progenity.

Advice to Management

Management need to be completely replaced with people who actually care about employees and clients and aren’t just in it for the pay check.

Progenity2019-10-09
  4. "Get Out"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Progenity full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company car was a nice perk along with decent benefits.

Cons

Systemically rotten to the core with management running the culture into the ground. Flawed, ambiguous compensation plans designed to NOT pay you...and when/if they do, it's always delayed. Management, all the way to the top, refuses to listen to their sales reps and "boots" on the ground...yet wonders why there is high turnover and various initiatives and goals are consistently not being met. However, they are... aware enough that an initiative aimed at "revamping their online presence" was put into effect, so I would seriously question a lot of the overly positive reviews here and on other various platforms; it is marketing or management and all smoke and mirrors like the rest of the company. I would typically question the validity and truth behind such negative reviews but I can assure you, they ring true and are consistent. Siloed departments with lack of cross departmental communication. Lack of adequate resources so reps are constantly put in the line of fire and have to play middle man in order to keep the business... if reps were not handling everything, the systems would crumble because they are systemically flawed. Numbers are not accurate either - with suspicious inaccuracies across several different systems. Favoritism runs rampant in this old boys' club, don't ask questions, toxic culture of a company. Sales reps are constantly strung along with lofty promises that ultimately culminate in nothing. Zero career development or ability for advancement, not to mention the company is seriously behind and always in "scramble" mode in an industry that is becoming increasingly more crowded and competitive and one in which the space overall is advancing rapidly every day. Some of the reps, all the way up to upper management are sitting around waiting to cash out...which is why there is a serious disconnect between their employees, clients, and the patients. To put it quite simply, Progenity is not around for the long haul.

Advice to Management

You still have a few decent and solid reps left. Listen to their feedback, value them, and reward and acknowledge those that have earned it. Communicate with transparency internally. In order to really turn things around, focus on fixing your culture first and clean house starting at the top. One employee's bad attitude or performance does not cause the ongoing issues within this company; it is systemic and... starts at the top. Stop trying to build a house on a shaky foundation because pretty soon you won't have a sales force large enough and well equipped enough to rebuild it.

Progenity2019-10-02
  5. "Run"

Current Employee - Worker

I have been working at Progenity full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great medical and dental benefits

Cons

This is a very dysfunctional environment

Progenity2019-08-12
  6. "Streamlined and through experience"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Progenity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture, with opportunities to collaborate, learn and make a difference. Work hard, play hard environment.

Cons

Ann Arbor weather in the winter.

Progenity2019-05-06
  7. "Great culture"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Progenity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Some of the brightest people I’ve worked with, very patient focused

Cons

I’m very new so no cons yet!

Progenity2019-04-26
  8. "Great Culture and Patient Focus"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Progenity full-time for less than a year

Pros

Progenity hires A+ individuals Culture is incredible Development and growth opportunities Patient Focus Best in Class products

Cons

NONE! this company has a great feel and great leadership in place. Love the size of the company and ability to be recognized.

Progenity2019-04-22
  9. "The management is the worse"

Current Employee - Collections Specialist in Irving, TX

I have been working at Progenity full-time for more than a year

Pros

My Coworkers are awesome

Cons

The director is very rude she is the reason why so many people leave. She is very hard to work with.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the director things would be less stressful and flow better

Progenity2019-05-29
  10. "Never boring."

Current Employee - Marketing in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Progenity full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've worked at Progenity for 5 years. In that time, I've formed many close relationships with colleagues who are like family. It's a super fast-moving environment and there is lots of change that comes with growth. It's intense, but never boring. My department is a great working environment.

Cons

You have to be OK with lots of change, a fast pace, and a certain amount of chaos that goes along with that.

Progenity2019-02-06