Propeller Health Reviews

Updated Nov 30, 2020

4.7
Propeller Health General Manager   Susa Monacelli   (no image)
Susa Monacelli
0 Rating
  1. 5.0

Phenomenal company

Nov 30, 2020 - Customer Advocate in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Propeller is a wonderful place to work, with a great team across the board. In this role you get to work with everyone in the company, and the work you do assisting customers and patients is truly meaningful.

Cons

The only con would be the workload can be varied depending on different initiatives, but that's incredibly minor.

2. 5.0
    Current Intern, less than 1 year

Great company culture, passionate people

Mar 6, 2020 - Marketing Intern in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with people who care about the product and patients we serve

Cons

Some communication issues between teams

3. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

My first summer internship in college.

Nov 15, 2019 - Software Engineer(Internship) in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I interned there the summer after my freshman year and it was a great experience. Everyone was very helpful and I learned a lot about software engineering in a small company setting.

Cons

My mentor was nice and tried to be helpful but he was very busy. At times, I felt I should not bother him with my questions.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great workplace full of brilliant, humble people

Sep 6, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Propeller, we work on a technology that truly makes a difference in the lives of patients. At most companies, it's a stretch to understand how your work impacts people's lives; at Propeller, we hear feedback every day that our platform helps people breathe easier. That's a pretty huge morale booster and a big reason I came here and keep coming back. I also think the vibe here is a lot more friendly, humble, and down-to-earth than many companies I've worked at. People are really passionate about what they do and there isn't a lot of ego. People don't get in each other's way, and in meetings, you can observe people actually listening. That's pretty rare! The leadership is transparent and accessible -- you feel like you could schedule a meeting to talk about any concerns and that's great. Plus, we have cold brew coffee and there are sometimes dogs here. Huge plus.

Cons

Propeller has the same challenges as any startup. We're working to build the business, so we invest in our people and our growth, not in every fancy amenity that you might expect at a larger company. But that's part of why I like it. It feels like everyone is pitching in for the greater good.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

One of my favorite jobs and teams ever!

Oct 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

All tech companies say that they are out to change the world and make people's lives better. Propeller is actually creating technology that improves the lives of people with chronic medical conditions. This is meaningful work. The team - from the co-founders on - is highly collaborative, humble, and composed of incredibly talented, thoughtful, creative, brilliant and deeply good people. This makes coming to work a true pleasure. There's not a big focus on hierarchies and org charts. This makes it possible to do some job crafting around what truly inspires you, and move in the direction of your passion and talent as an employee. I've seen people move across teams into different roles over time. Strong contributors are promoted. Work-life balance is actually a thing here.

Cons

The open office workspace makes it hard to sustain focus and get things done.

6. 5.0
    Former Intern, more than 1 year

Excellent experience, great work culture

May 19, 2019 - Intern in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very inviting and positive work culture, lots of one-on-one time with my manager, as an intern I always felt like a valued part of the team

Cons

Lacking in tools and equipment for certain projects

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A fantastic start-up with a bright future

Aug 18, 2015 - Regulatory and Quality Assurance Engineer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Propeller offers a relaxed but motivated working style, with an open concept and accessible management employees. Each employee is allowed to grow as fast or as large as they want to, along with working with motivated team members. By working in healthcare, there is a buy-in to the core message of the company, to make a difference in the treatment of Asthma and COPD for patients. There is quality product buy-in from the top-down, and also great communication. There is also a stigma with start-ups that it requires 80 work weeks. Propeller is the opposite. While everyone buys in and cares about the product, family and personal health comes first.

Cons

The office is split between Madison and San Francisco, but through company communication and technology there is no problem communicating. There is an open concept for both offices, which can get noisy sometimes, but nothing a pair of headphones cannot fix.

8. 5.0

Conquering Asthma

Jun 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Transparent leadership. We hear about the good stuff and share the bad. Work/life balance. Propeller's very supportive of integrating personal and work life so the two stay balanced. Everyone's available, together and urgent during the work day, which means nobody's slacking or blowing up your email in the middle of the night. Strong team. Sort of a tribal culture, actually, but not 'cult-ish'. Lots of people with common interests, but still diverse. Autonomy: I felt trusted on Day 1, lots of ownership up front. Nobody's looking over your shoulder. Wandawega! Yearly company retreat, really great for the team, super fun.

Cons

Open office concept takes some getting used to, but works really well for the team. Management is attentive to the pros/cons, and we're always tweaking to make it work better for us.

9. 5.0

Strong team environment

Apr 27, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Propeller Health is a start-up that offers a great overall product and goal of helping patients suffering from asthma or COPD. I think this is what unites employees across departments and between offices. Everyone here has a genuine interest in helping out patients and our teammates and I think that shows.

Cons

SF office is growing and needs more conference rooms.

Propeller Health Response

Director of People Operations

We're pleased to have recently moved into our new digs in San Francisco on Maiden Lane! The additional breakout, phone call, and conference room space has been well-received. Thank you for the feedback!

10. 5.0
    Former Intern, less than 1 year

Intern review

Sep 13, 2016 - Anonymous Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a very cool working environment and a bunch of smart and dedicated people that are trying to solve asthma

Cons

The software engineering team is bad at communicating with the rest of the company a lot of the time. This affects product

Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Reviews