Propylon Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Propylon Chief Executive Officer John Harrington
John Harrington

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good Company - badly managed"

I worked at Propylon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Exposure to enterprise projects, flat management structure, opportunity to travel

Cons

Bad morale, high turnover, poor benefits, No over time but expected to work evenings and weekends. no bonuses either!

Advice to Management

Higher management is holding the company back. Still pining over a successful project over 6 years ago. Cannot embrace change, hate new ideas, do not deliver quality products which is directly related to management inability to adapt to change, embrace new technologies. The company would prosper if they looked a little closer to home on why projects are failing aka - bad management..... Need to hire experienced people, not graduates!

2. "Great place to develop your career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Propylon (Less than a year)

Pros

Work with very smart people on important and interesting projects.
    Excellent opportunities to develop yourself on a personal and professional level.
    Honesty and caring towards all employees.
    Flexibility.

Cons

Benefits package not on par, but getting better.

3. "General"

I have been working at Propylon full-time

Pros

The company allows much flexibility, and work from home if you work for a couple of years. Also fruit and biscuit and free coffee. Good life work balance

Cons

Big turn over rate, sometimes long working hours due to deadline of projects. There is very limited training opportunities and no family issuance and pension scheme as an old employee.

4. "Software Engineer"

I have been working at Propylon full-time

5. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Pros

Dynamic environment, flat management structure, great people and technology. Many opportunities for professional growth.

Cons

Project staff tend to work very hard near deadlines. Steep ramp-up for new employees on the technology stack and processes in order to become fully productive.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work on the management side. More hiring and staff training would be great to help balancing the workloads during project peaks.

6. "Started my career in Propylon, learned more during my time there than all of University"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Propylon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing on-the-job learning, really helpful staff, get to work in multiple areas. Great opportunities for progression. Great atmosphere, made friends with colleagues there that are now friends for life.

Cons

Learning curve can be tough but very rewarding.

Advice to Management

Focus on people, 121's career progression plans, vital

7. "Excitement and technical challenges a real opportunity to show some flare"

Pros

I was about 25/26 when I started in Propylon, I'd worked in 2 large companies before that. I took the role in Propylon because I wanted to be less anonymous in my contribution (often big company's dilute individuals good ideas, morphing them into something else by the time they hit production) and have a direct opportunity to see my code/ideas and suggestions impact customers in a positive way, with fast routes to market and rolling technical problems that needed solving.

In Propylon I made some life long friends, I was surrounded by a best in breed technical solution driven workforce, and as someone whom at the time was relatively young in their career - it was an outstanding opportunity to learn, grow and ultimately pass on skills to those coming in behind me.

The techniques, mindset, and problem solving skills passed onto me by Propylon have become the backbone to my development ethos. It will certainly remain one of the best idea/solution driven melting pots I've ever worked in. Where architects took on board suggestions from all contributors in the SDLC - and development had a lot of craic along the way!

Cons

There was a steep learning curve. This caught people out from time to time. With such a dynamic development team it could often be daunting for new starters to figure out where to focus their efforts in order to make the most impact.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the ideology that builds a better mouse trap.