KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Proscribe Reviews

Updated Jun 21, 2022

Found 399 of over 408 reviews

3.4
Proscribe CEO Toby Mulligan (no image)
Toby Mulligan

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
  • "Low pay but worth it in my opinion and long shifts.(in 96 reviews)
  • "The management is also really unorganized and they only think about the company, not their employees.(in 21 reviews)
  • "Training is long and difficult.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Long hours and often required to stand for 10 hours straight.(in 16 reviews)
  • "The pay rate for regular scribes for me was just a dollar above minimum wage, which was fine for me during college but is not a reliable source of income after graduation and for most people.(in 10 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Proscribe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee
    Featured Review

I absolutely love working here

Dec 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at ProScribe has been such a great experience. As a student, they have always worked with my schedule. I love how scribes connect via the Facebook group. It’s great meeting new people, even if it isn’t in person, who have the same goals and are trying to navigate the field. I’ve had nothing but great physicians and NPs to scribe for and it’s been such an amazing learning experience.

Cons

In my experience, there isn’t much “flexibility” with last minute schedule changes. I can’t complain much because this is the case wherever you work. You should give a notice at least 2 weeks in advance. The only thing is that with all of my providers, they’ve only ever had me and one other person as a scribe. Since we work under multiple providers, schedule conflicts are guaranteed. For instance, the days I work for a provider, their other scribe is working for a different provider. So if any emergency were to happen, I can’t really have the other scribe cover for me since they’re already working for another provider. If it’s really an emergency though, such as I’m too sick to work or a family emergency etc., site coordinators have always been helpful and will work around it with me. So I really can’t complain much.

Proscribe Response

Sourcing and Outreach Manager

Thank you so much for your candid and detailed feedback - and we are elated that you love working with ProScribe and your physicians! Though there may be limited flexibility on last-minute schedule changes, it's great to hear that our team has been helpful and works with you to accommodate a sick day or family emergency. It's also great to hear that you enjoy connecting with our employees via our Facebook group! Thank you again for taking the time to review us and I hope your experience with us continues to be beneficial and enjoyable!

2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Jun 16, 2022 - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good for premed students who want the experience, exposure, and connections.

Cons

The job can be stressful at times.

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Less pay compared to some of the other scribing companies but the providers are some of the best to learn from.

Jun 21, 2022 - Remote Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule and great management staff

Cons

Minimum wage despite increased number of patients

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Come for the experience

Jun 2, 2022 - Medical Scribe in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Everyone I've worked for cares about their jobs and the people that work under them. - The experience you gain and knowledge you learn is worth the pay deficit. - Want to go to medical school? Scribe for multiple physicians. Work hard. Learn their style. Show leadership and initiative. You've just earned yourself multiple letters of recommendations from physicians in multiple specialties while proving that you're willing to work in a clinical setting regardless of the money because medicine is important to you. - Super flexible schedule, and the person scheduling you is also trying to make it through undergrad and is therefor very understanding that school schedules are a priority. Can't work 2 full shifts? Work a full shift and 2 half days. Can't work on Wednesdays because you took Organic Chemistry 2 and your lab is literally the entire day? Then you won't be asked to work Wednesdays. Need a day off due to a family emergency? You'll get it, it's not like the workplace can't function without a scribe. You're there out of convenience, not necessity. - Promotion opportunities galore. Proscribe promotes from within. Put in good work and you'll have no problem moving up the ladder. It only took me a year to get promoted to a new position that pays much better and is personally satisfying.

Cons

- The pay is awful, especially considering what they charge the companies to hire you - You can easily make twice as much independently scribing if you have connections in medicine

5. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great co-workers, terrible management

Jun 15, 2022 - Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

The physicians were eager to teach the scribes.

Cons

My schedule would change with less than 24 hours of notice. Request off date was submitted months in advance, and it was denied five days before I planned to fly out-of-state. Despite working more hours than most of the other part-time scribes, the contract obligations are impossible to meet. Lastly, the training was grossly insufficient.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Proscribe Medical Scribe

May 25, 2022 - Medical Scribe in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Learn a ton of information on healthcare and excellent job for those with aspirations in the medical field.

Cons

Terrible compensation and overworked during your shift.

7. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Poor management with lack of care and compassion for employees. Very toxic environemnt.

Jun 11, 2022 - Medical Scribe in Waco, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Exposure to medicine and interaction with physicians.

Cons

Poor salary; below minimum wage when starting out. Long hours and often required to stand for 10 hours straight. No food breaks. Employees often work back to back 10 hour shifts, with less than five hours, to sometimes zero hours between 10 hour shifts.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Not bad

May 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Pay is ok not too bad in comparison

Cons

cant think of any at the moment

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good Healthcare Experience; Terrible Pay

Jun 7, 2022 - ER Medical Scribe
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Valuable encounters with patient consultations -Full emersion into the healthcare workforce

Cons

Minimum wage Providers and patients can often be rude, condescending, and arrogant

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company to work for in San Antonio, Texas

May 3, 2022 - Regional Trainer in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is the best company to work for in San Antonio, Texas they take care of their employees.

Cons

I don't have no cons at this time

Viewing 1 - 10 of 399 Reviews

Proscribe Reviews FAQs

Proscribe has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 408 reviews left anonymously by employees. 64% of employees would recommend working at Proscribe to a friend and 50% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Proscribe employees rate their compensation and benefits as 1.9 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Proscribe. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

64% of Proscribe employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Proscribe 3.7 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Proscribe to be coworkers, work life balance and the cons to be benefits, management, career development.

Popular Careers with Proscribe Job Seekers