Proscribe Reviews | Glassdoor

Proscribe Reviews

Found 118 reviews

Toby Mulligan
Pros
  • "Good experience for anyone thinking of going into the medical field(in 12 reviews)

• "You learn a lot of medical information from the doctors you scribe for(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "low pay for corporate positions compared to other scribe companies(in 19 reviews)

• "Minimum wage (or slightly higher) with little to no opportunity for raise(in 14 reviews)

1. "Awesome scribe experience"

I have been working at Proscribe part-time

Pros

very friendly, flexible with students schedules, great doctors!

Cons

Honestly I can not think of any!

Proscribe2019-01-28
  2. "Okay but horrible pay"

Former Employee - Medical Scribe in Miami, FL

I worked at Proscribe part-time for more than a year

Pros

Medical experience Training learning on the job

Cons

Horrible pay Forced lunch breaks Management is far away and removed

Advice to Management

Pay your scribes at least $12/hour. Don’t be stingy. Make surveys so that employees can rate their site managers. Mine was horrible.

Proscribe2019-04-15
  3. "Poor Pay, Okay Experience"

Current Employee - Medical Scribe in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Proscribe part-time for more than a year

Pros

I was a college sophomore when I began, and it can be hard being young and trying to get exposed to the medical field in a more real and hands on view. This job did allow me to expand my medical terminology and get to see how doctors actually interact with patients and what is expected of them. A bonus I didn't expect, I can type ridiculously fast without looking down now.

Cons

The pay is AWFUL. Typing down what another person says to you is not the hardest job in the world, but it can get very stressful very quickly and sometimes it is so busy that I do not get to even type a word into my chart due to not even getting a chance to go back to the computers. The pay still is not reasonable and there is very little room for advancement.

Proscribe2019-04-05
  4. "Great place for pre-med students"

Former Employee - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Proscribe part-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a great place to start learning. Exposed to real-life problems in hospitals and clinics. You can choose your shifts if your personal life schedulr is tight.

Cons

It's a little bit underpaid, but the experience is worth it

Proscribe2019-04-03
  5. "Rushed, cursory training with high expectations and low resources"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I worked at Proscribe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will hire you almost immediately and rush you through the HR process, which is great for a fresh college graduate.

Cons

Probably the worst part of the process is the terrible training. You are expected to hit the ground running when you begin clinical training rotations, so one might presume that the week of online training before this would be well structured. Unfortunately, it was not. The design of the training website is terrible which makes finding information to study both difficult and tedious. Furthermore, the content covered during...

Advice to Management

Start from the ground up to redevelop your training system and treat your employees in a respectful way - starting with employee friendly policies and conscientious management.

Proscribe2019-04-24

"How much do you hate money?"

Former Employee - Medical Scribe

I worked at Proscribe part-time for more than a year

Pros

You get to interact with doctors, MAs, and nurses and learn about their experiences in dept. You can shift around and work for Doctors with different specialties. You learn how to efficiently take notes (on really crappy EMRs). You learn what you hate in life.

Cons

As a college student/graduate, you're practically volunteering your time. They're pretty firm on paying close to a minimum wage to experienced, ambitious, and driven employees. Shifts can get cancelled with no notice (like, on arrival), and at most, you can ask for an hour's compensation (if you stay twiddling your fingers for an hour. And your weekly hours are variable (dependent on the doctor's schedules). Basically,...

Advice to Management

I mean, come on. You pay students and graduates (doctorate, NP, PA hopefuls) almost nothing. You're not helping their careers; you take advantage of their experience and they're drive to succeed elsewhere in the medical field. Go find your souls.

Proscribe2019-04-09
  7. "Good Starting Point"

Current Employee - Medical Scribe in Meriden, CT

I have been working at Proscribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience. Learn new aspects of healthcare you didn't think of before. A new experience every day. Networking with doctors. Good experience for anyone thinking of going into the medical field.

Cons

Sometimes you feel like you are useless because your job is so dependent on what the physician is doing. Minimum wage salary. Long/Awkward hours. Dependency on having a car.

Proscribe2019-02-27

"This job has its pros and cons"

Current Employee - Medical Scribe in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Proscribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

excellent exposure to the emergency department witness physician interactions increased knowledge of medical terminology

Cons

THE LOW PAY, you will make enough to fill your tank and rarely eat out. Weird hours, long hours definitely gets stressful when there is a surge of patients

Advice to Management

take care of your employees, most of us are undergrads and postgrads trying to pay our bills. we cannot possibly live off this wage.

Proscribe2019-03-05
  9. "For med school xp, direct patient care like PCA might be better, I am not too sure yet about this type of xp."

Current Employee - ER Medical Scribe in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Proscribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best way to see what actually happens in the ER! But there are still different ways to accomplish that. Management/supervisors have been very nice! At least where I am in Schenectady, NY!

Cons

Honestly very low pay only $11.50. Should be more than PCA's or nurse techs but since paying for scribes comes from the hospital or private providers pocket then they will keep it low. But that's my choice to work here and I'm happy since God led me here and He will make things work for my good!

Proscribe2019-02-19

"Unethical Company"

Former Employee - Medical Scribe in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Proscribe part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to medical field for premed students

Cons

I was smart enough to not go through with this job. This company is absolutely inconsiderate when it comes to their employees. The pay is trash considering how much is expected of you. Training and on-boarding was expected to be completed within unreasonable time frames and communication with management was horrible. They would send generic emails, and not respond when I asked questions. Think long and hard before you...

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

Proscribe2019-03-18