Q-MATIC Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Saum

1. "Good place to work."

Former Employee - Project Manager in Duluth, GA

I worked at Q-MATIC full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New Management with fresh ideas. Listens to ideas and honest about company direction and what is expected.

Cons

High production and fast paced. Hiring for open jobs not always fast enough. Need more people.

Advice to Management

You're on right path.

"Good product; slave labor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Q-MATIC full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some very talented, passionate people work very hard to deliver a good product and services to their clients.

Cons

More work than the staff can handle; management sets impossible targets and beats up those that work very hard to deliver.

Advice to Management

What may feel like motivating your staff to do better, is demoralizing because it cannot be attained. Increase resources and take a step back on the targets until that staff is up to speed and can be successful.

3. "Technician"

I have been working at Q-MATIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love working in an environment where there is always something new to learn everyday.

Cons

Lack of Communication is one of the main factors for me. I like transparency especially when your ultimate goal is to grow with the company.

Advice to Management

Always remember that we work for people not the company. Our day to interactions are with you, so treat your employees as you would someone to treat you, or a loved one in any given situation.

"Project Managers Beware"

I worked at Q-MATIC full-time

Pros

Good company before 2016 when new management came in.

Cons

Top executive management is clueless and does not value the employees, only their status and titles.

Advice to Management

Sweden upper management should take not and review the HR and Operations functions very carefully. Verbal and written threats to employees are not conducive to valuing the work force that takes care of the real work.

6. "Great work Environment. Best Job I ever had"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great place to work the people are great and the management team is open to new ideas.

Cons

I wish I had more travel

Advice to Management

Keep doing the great job your doing

"Feeding one's vanity does not make for good management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Duluth, GA

I worked at Q-MATIC (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers, travel, Swedish parent company has good values (does not translate to US), my immediate work environment is decent.

Cons

Recently installed management does not listen to anything, there's been a big turnover. Lack of communication from the top down. People don't know what their jobs truly are. If boss isn't in the office, people don't show up and nothing gets done.

Advice to Management

To the Swedish CEO, listen to the employees, really listen to them. The US management does not even understand the business let alone how to manage a group of people. The past year was spent with management spending company money to go give speeches instead of being PAID to give speeches. Management doesn't know the first thing about who our clients really are, how to keep our current clients happy or how to find new avenues of business. Dividing and conquering does not make for a good work atmosphere. You've already lost a lot of good players and you will continue to lose your people to your competitors if you stay on this path.

"DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Snellville, GA

I worked at Q-MATIC (Less than a year)

Pros

location, decent benefits, extremely intelligent engineers and developers in house

Cons

The pay is not comparable to market value, many employees are over worked, not appreciated and significantly underpaid. There were SEVERAL lay-offs in 2015 and they just got another CEO. Executive level and management work you until you have nothing left to give, and they just let you go. The care nothing about your personal life, there is no work/life balance. They are very dishonest and most everyone is only out for themselves. Stay away!

Advice to Management

Listen to your lower level employees, the ones who work 90 hours/week to keep your business in operation. They're smarter than you give them credit for.

9. "Great benefits, great people"

I have been working at Q-MATIC (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits, Great People to work with and for

Cons

Ambiguous work environment that is very hard to navigate

Advice to Management

Improve software and hardware

"They will reel you in and ruin your life"

Pros

Flexible hours , free lunches ,

Cons

This company has the worst mgmt of anyone I've ever worked for. They influence everyone to go out together calling it team morale when really it is everyone getting together and getting wasted. Too many prank jokes no one takes anything serious and the newer employees are trapped by having to do what they are sold by their managers . Inner office relationships going on and not reported. Stay away. This place is your worst nightmare it may look good on paper but they just want to use you and find out if you are a good paid friend for them.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to evaluate their middle level management. High turnover rate because of the way these people are treating their employees. Women in the woreplace are often pressured into things they don't want to do and threatened

"Terrible. The worst company that I worked in my career"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, TX
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, TX

I have been working at Q-MATIC full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good solution, no other. It is difficult to get a pros.

Cons

You can't trust in the people. Poor management. I really don't know how a company can be competitivy. Depends of a Russian contract only.

Advice to Management

You need learn how to manage a company and people. Be transparent is not your best quality.