Quench Reviews | Glassdoor

Tony Ibarguen

"great opportunities"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Dallas, TX

Pros

Just started and seems like a great company so far! Good pay, benefits, 401k, commission based incentives, pto, paid holidays, and vacation days. Company vehicle comes home with you and the work schedule is a typical 8-5 / Mon-Fri

Cons

None yet. Haven't worked for the company long enough but they seem few & far between

"I've been in many positions"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You build wonderful relationships with the people, steady hours, the company wants to grow.

Cons

EXTREME favortism, terrible pay, very to little room to advance (when you do it's "lateral" and you get no extra pay for twice the amount of work), high turnover, very poor management, the absolute worse training I have ever seen (there is actually none, you have to ask), antiquated system and policies, no loyalty among staff, lots of drama, people complain to everyone, horrid raises, you can see that your manager honestly does not care, etc... (I got tired of typing as there are more but I don't really feel like I want to keep going and you get the picture).

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, actually train people, stop trying to take on ten peoples worth of work and taking your frustrations out on your teams, stop making it clear that people are liked more than others so treat everyone with the same amount of time and respect.

3. "Good with the bad"

Current Employee - Customer Care in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care in King of Prussia, PA

Pros

Decent money to start for a call center that takes people without much experience.

Cons

There is much passive aggression among the staff. You have to deal with customers complaining all day.

5. "Great people"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Friendswood, TX

I worked at Quench (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome people and lifelong friends

Cons

Terrible management...its a boys club...no opportunity to grow

Advice to Management

Care more about the little people that keep your business going.

"Wouldn't recommend quench!"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Orange, CA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Orange, CA

I worked at Quench full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product, concept of buying smaller companies to grow faster is a good business strategy. Smart CEO, Tony I. Is just a business like any other, could be an awesome place to work if upper management would be more pro active, and more down to earth.

Cons

Poor communication, pay structure is 12% below national average. Company is ran only on metrix, disregarding the hard work the employees have put into Quench. Especially since, you can not measure humanity in metrix. Will not take the time to listen to others, due to fear, or the feeling of being a thread to the position. Lastly, upper management should actually go in the field to really know the business in real life, metrix are just numbers manipulated so investors could continue to invest. How sad...glad I left!

Advice to Management

Know your business, spend a week on the field. Listen to your employees, they got you there, and thats why you still have have a job. And most important, other than Tony, stop being a puppet. Be your own self!

"Customer Care - a few months in"

Current Employee - Customer Care, Advocacy in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Care, Advocacy in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The atmosphere is great, you are trained well, co-workers are nice and very helpful, good work life balance.

Cons

Not many to speak of yet. Pay rate is not mind shattering, pretty middle of the road for a base level new hire.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. More feedback and one on one time with new employees to discuss the employee's professional growth/internal advancement plan woulf be extremely helpful.

8. "Tech"

Former Employee - Preventative Maintenance Technician in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Preventative Maintenance Technician in New York, NY

I worked at Quench (More than a year)

Pros

Good entry level job. Work/life balance it ok

Cons

Not much for growth at all.

9. "service"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Hamilton, NJ
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Hamilton, NJ

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company on the cutting edge of POU water service

Cons

Drive alot as a service tech, tough dealing with these great drivers we have

Advice to Management

keep up the good waork

"Ridiculously poor management, and customer service"

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in Cherry Hill, NJ

Pros

Get to play on a tablet

Cons

Many to list. Management is a "good old boys club" with no management experience. Constantly find ways to lower your raise or Bonus. Actually focus on how many "touches" you get and can care less about actual customer service. Keep the same people in postions of power but expect different results (definition of insanity). Actually threaten to write you up for trying to stay warm by running your heat or air while doing their ridiculous transactions. Lie to customers that they are actually filtering their water with a coffee use water filter that costs 32.00 and only replace once a year.

Advice to Management

its like beating a dead horse

Quench Response

Mar 10, 2016 – Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with Quench. Our Field Service Technicians are an integral part of our team, working one-on-one with customers and serving as the face of our ... More

"Quench is family."

Current Employee - Marketing in West Chester, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in West Chester, PA

I have been working at Quench full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Being a recent college grad at the time of my employment, I could not have asked for more from Quench. I have grown up with this company. They have listened and given me opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Since day one, I have shared my goals with the executive team and they have guided me and helped me achieve them. I am very grateful for the people at Quench and extremely proud to have worked here over the last 5 years. This is family! They care about each one of their employees.

A message to the negative reviewers...

If you're not happy, speak to someone! The Executive and Management Team have their doors open all day. Stop in. They will listen and do their best to help make your work experience better. It's evident in the All-Hands meetings each month!

I am not one to ever submit a review like this. But I truly believe that Quench has their heart in the right place. They give you an opportunity to be successful, you just have to take it!

Cons

There are growing pains with any successful company. Quench tends to make changes without thinking out the entire process, resulting in more changes.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Take advice and be open to new ideas. Keep your doors open to those who want to learn and grow with Quench.