REPUCOM Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
PAUL SMITH

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Global Leader in Sports Measurement and Research"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with Repucom for 6 months now and have enjoyed my experience on the whole. Strong leadership who are smart, approachable, supportive and demand great work, but also know when it's time to close the laptop and have some fun. Also, we have access to data across the industry, worldwide, that no one else has, so it's a huge competitive advantage.

Cons

We are a bit on the lean side as far as resources go, but that's improving day by day. Also, our account team is a bit on the junior side, but additional resources and new blood is coming in to add expertise, and depth that we need.

Advice to Management

Things are going well, but consider adding staff to support the massive growth plans. Otherwise, keep up the good work.

2. "India Retail"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in India, MS

Pros

Learnt how one should NOT be at personnel!

Cons

Absolutely horrible people in the management in India - biased, incompetent, unprofessional and egoistic to the core. Just being polite with the words here.

"Glossy exterior only. Poor team management & very little structure. High turnover."

Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Sales/Account Services in Stamford, CT

Pros

The company is an "in" to get build your network in the US sports market.
    Young, vibrant environment with a reliable mix of geeks, frat kids, mean girls, super chill

Cons

Very poor, ego-centric management (North America) with a rampant problem of favoritism.
    Sub-standard workflow process, lack of structure, and constant re-structuring every few months.
    No clear path of progression, unclear/ambiguous role expectations - in account management, you can expect to be directly held accountable for production processes, price structuring, determining & producing the content of a sold project never before executed (being "inventive" is a must); and hard selling.
    All of the above strongly impact the integrity of the final Repucom product.

Advice to Management

Assume accountability vs. encouraging a finger-pointing culture & ignoring the drivers of such high turnover.
    Recognize successes team-wide & take an active interest in mentorship and developing all of your talent.
    Lead.

"Account director - Please stay away from this company."

Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Account Director in Stamford, CT

Pros

Extremely unprofessional management. They lie to you during the interview process and do not provide any training. It is not a real business and they seem like they don't know what they are doing. If you interview get all your answers in writing so you can take legal action afterwards. The worst place I have ever worked.

Cons

I am sure they will go out of business shortly. The Stamford, CT Headquarters is a ghost town since most employees work from home except the interns. There is no company morale, no culture and senior management doesn't care enough to go into the office.

Advice to Management

Repucom will be out of business in the United States in a couple of years. They are funded by a Private equity firm that is maintaing the salary of the CEO but once the private equity firm stops funding them the boat will sink. Really be careful with this company.

5. "Growth is only conducive in an environment of constant pressure."

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at REPUCOM full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work and tough bosses.

Cons

Training is dismal, but getting better.

"An inside look at account management"

Former Employee - Account Management
    Former Employee - Account Management

I worked at REPUCOM full-time

Pros

Sports oriented clients, global footprint,

Cons

Inexperienced middle management, low salary, poor workflow process, constant state of panic and blame

Advice to Management

While I worked at Repucom I was expected to constantly pick up the slack of employees that either left the company or were poorly trained to do their job. The success of my position was completely determined by the amount of sales I locked, but due to poor workflow structure, a undertrained and understaffed Analytics department, and zero marketing support I spent most of my time fighting to produce work for the clients already had. As with many jobs, I was also frustrated because new hires that had the same job description as me would make a significant amount more money. When I talked to management about it they were very blunt saying "that is the deal I cut."

"Not a great place to be"

Pros

Some employees were great. The company was passionate. Great insight into the sports world.

Cons

Quite possibly the most bizarre and horrible upper management I have ever met. Completely disorganized. Zero concern for employee welfare (unless they had a high status), most people were disposable, and hours were out of control. The pay was offensive.

Advice to Management

Just treat your employees with some kind of respect. Your culture is fear driven.

8. "General Manager"

Pros

One or two may be trying

Cons

Absolutely a God awful place to work

Advice to Management

Go out of business...

9. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Bengaluru (India)
    Former Employee - Subject Matter Expert in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at REPUCOM full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good teams to work
    Learnt some managerial skills

Cons

Low low low hike
    Bad management
    No proper procedure for IJP

"Hollow shell, too much "blabla", too many incompetent people!"

Pros

Building a network in sports, though you'll be complete alone to do so, no help whatsoever!

Cons

- Unknown brand, even in sports most of the time hardly any credibility
    - No training, no guidance, no internal communication
    - Terrible atmosphere
    - Lots of mistakes and incorrect methodologies in client reports just to deliver fast and because no one can check those anyway
    - Too many incompetent people, not just in skills but also in people management
    - Tiny offices/teams per country, smaller than most start-ups
    - Sold out to a bigger brand (Nielsen) because they were losing money and only had the equity fund to back them
    - so called "senior directors" working on (terrible) powerpoint presentations while selling their hours way too expensively.
    - lots of "blabla" culture
    - asked to badmouth competitors at client side by managing directors
    - no room to grow in the company
    - lots of people being fired
    - backstabbing, even directors
    - very low salary

Advice to Management

Selling out to a more professional and known company is probably the best you could do. Terrible management!