Radiant Vision Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fantastic Company"

Current Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Sales in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products. Radiant's product portfolio is considered to be the best in the industry. Fantastic group of people to work with. We have people that are straight out of college all the way to nearing retirement age. The engineering and support staff are super talented and very smart. The sales team is a group of professionals that are superior to that of the competition and other similar organizations.

Cons

Nothing really to complain about here.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Look for the superstars and keep promoting them.

2. "Good Company, Getting Better"

I worked at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A great company for someone just starting in there career. The actively hire people right out of college, which many companies actively avoid and miss out on good talent.

-People are fantastic and very easy to talk to.

-The company cares about your career and they are willing to invest in additional training to further your career at the company. You can also sometimes move to different departments within the company if you show a strong interest.

Cons

-Company does not have a solid quality assurance and new product release process in place, both for hardware and software. They are actively working to improve this, and I expect that they will be in a much better place in a couple of years. However, it caused a lot of stress within the company when products would be "finished" and released, only to have customers complain shortly afterwards.

-Pay is lower than industry averages, but not horrible.

Advice to Management

Focus heavily on having better processes for new product releases and QA. The company seemed more focused on being first-to-market rather than having the highest quality product, and this often resulted in a lot of apologizing to customers. Also, if the company continues to grow as quickly as it has been, salaries should be bumped to be competitive with industry standards.

3. "Great coworkers, good company, rewarding work"

Current Employee - Marketing in Redmond, WA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Redmond, WA

I have been working at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company culture - smart people, passionate, doing innovative and interesting work. Management listens and is responsive. Nice balance between corporate parent (stability) but still a small-company sense of community. Work hard and have fun. Growth industry with exciting prospects for the future, working with some of the world's leading brand names and cutting-edge technologies. I've been on board for 9 months and I love my team and coworkers, find the work I'm doing fulfilling with opportunities to help shape the nature of projects. If you want your efforts to actually make a difference (not just be a cog in a giant machine) and be challenged to do your best work, Radiant is the place! Good location in downtown Redmond also means lots of options for food, convenient shopping, free/easy parking, etc.

Cons

some aspects of the company are still a bit un-developed (e.g., process maturity) but the company is aware of and working towards top effectiveness in operations, product dev etc. (e.g., adopting 5S)

"Terrible company culture"

I worked at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

• Individuals have a high degree of autonomy in their day to day work.

Cons

• Compensation is terrible

• Old and outdated technology. There’s little opportunity to learn new things.

• The work environment is very chaotic. There’s a complete lack of structure and processes.

• Radiant does not have a culture of quality. Fixing bugs and improving customer experience are not a priority. Software that's shipped to customers is untested and sometimes simply doesn't work.

• Company culture does not value innovation or personal growth. Management is very risk averse and prefers to maintain status quo.

• Lack of communication between managers and their subordinates

• High employee turnover

• Low employee morale

"It was ok!"

I worked at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, company events, free parking, relaxed working environment, good health insurance, great 401k match and friendly leadership.

There are quite a few reviews complaining of the senior management. In 2015 this company was purchased by Konica Minolta, and a long with that change came new leadership. I never felt like management was incompetent, displayed favoritism, or bullied me.

Cons

Old technology, bland environment, non-competitive compensation, cubicles, low career growth, flimsy design approaches and poor collaboration.

Advice to Management

Pay more competitively, invest in newer technologies, explore more lively work-space organization, and look into new work flow approaches that pronounce structure and collaboration. The cubicles often left me feeling very detached from everyone.

Radiant Vision Systems Response

May 17, 2018 – Marketing Manager

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your taking time to provide feedback - Input from our employees, current and former, is valuable and helps us with continual improvement of the business. We... More

"Stay away!"

I worked at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are helpful and are ones that get the job done around here. Free parking.

Cons

Incompetent management that constantly humiliates and terrorizes staff. Insecure manager drives good and talented workers away and work gets piles onto the remaining staff. Long hours and poor pay. High turn over.

Radiant Vision Systems Response

Jun 28, 2016 – Marketing Manager

We appreciate your taking the time to provide your feedback. Your review does not mention when you worked for Radiant, but there have been several changes to the organization since we were acquired... More

"Stay away from this company!"

I worked at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The one positive thing I can say is that the employees, the only people who actually get anything done around here, are great. A lot of smart, driven individuals.

Cons

The management, especially top management, makes this a miserable place to work. All they worry about is the bottom line. The CEO is a horrible human being and has no issue making everyone around him feel like small worthless nothings. The executives reporting to him are no better and act like he's their god.

This is hands down the worst place I have ever worked. Please look for employment elsewhere. If I could give it zero stars, I would.

Advice to Management

Quit and let others who know how to manage people come in and turn this place around.

8. "Recruiter"

Pros

Great environment we people who really care about the work that they do and the customers they work with. Everything is really helpful, and willing to answer any questions.

Cons

A remote work location, with limited options for lunch out.

Advice to Management

Continue to be inclusive

"Started ok, ended poorly"

Pros

Interesting tech, and smart people all around.

Cons

Poor pay, Management is awful and constant verbal humiliation.

Advice to Management

Get it together and treat your employee's right, or they will go other places where they are more welcome and treated right.

"Engineer"

I have been working at Radiant Vision Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not a lot
    Small company if you like to learn many things and get out for a carer
    Growing company but risky

Cons

Compensation is not competitive
    Favoritism for a select few
    No real growth vs just more of the same work and you need to be one of the favorites
    Leaders believe they should pay on who is risky to lose. If you're new you have no real chance.

Advice to Management

CEO should learn from Gravity CEO. He feels he shouldn't make millions when his team is barely making enough to comfortably live. pay your engineers and your team not just yourself and your favorites In the end your FULL team makes you successful