KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

4.3
Recursion Pharmaceuticals Co-Founder & CEO Chistopher C. Gibson
Chistopher C. Gibson

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Benefits are great.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Great people and leaders who really care about each other and our mission(in 13 reviews)
  • "Great culture, cares about its employees, impactful mission(in 6 reviews)
  • "monetary compensation is plentiful.(in 5 reviews)
  • "This is the first job I've had where I feel like everyone is on another level of intelligence and drive and that all are as committed to the mission as I am.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Exciting, engaging, challenging

May 5, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people and leaders who really care about each other and our mission - a FANTASTIC corporate culture. Learning, development, and growth are a huge focus - the company invests in its people and expects you to constantly be learning. Very competitive salary and benefits (two company-wide, week-long shutdowns every year!) Huge focus on diversity, equity and inclusion. An true leader in Utah and beyond. Strong emphasis on work-life flexibility - people are encouraged to manage their own schedules, and employees are treated like grown-ups.

Cons

The pace and workload can feel overwhelming, particularly given how ambitious our mission and goals are. However, there is a sense of camaraderie that comes with that where everyone supports and learns from each other. It makes for an energetic and challenging environment in which many Recursionauts thrive.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A company that does things right!

Jun 13, 2022 - Associate Director of Quality Assurance in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Amazing benefit package w/company paid insurance premiums - Incredible atmosphere for creative thinking, teamwork, development of new ideas, learning and even failing in order to eventually succeed. - Equitable pay, this company really cares about fair compensation. - Inclusive atmosphere to all genders, orientations, colors, religions, background. It's a safe space for all. - Even though its hard work and everything moves at an incredibly fast pace, the company still allows for prioritizing your family/personal life. It's a very empathetic and caring environment.

Cons

- Sometimes there is just so much going on that we could use policies/procedures to not 'reinvent the wheel' and have standards in place to allow new employees a great jumping off point for operating procedures. Sometimes SOPs can be limiting to rapid paced progress but here can definitely be a balance between innovation and standardization.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 5.0

Review

May 20, 2022 - Senior Scientist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free lunches, great environment, great health benefits

Cons

I Haven't noticed any cons

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

Amazing company/Recursionauts

May 13, 2022 - Research Associate
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Team members -Interdisciplinary projects -Career Mentorship -on-site chef/snacks

Cons

-Proprietary programs made getting started a little slow -Unclear data storage process made warehousing/analyzing confusing, unclear, and invited bias

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

Weird Culture and High workload

Jun 3, 2022 - Data Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

working in a biotech is what attracted me

Cons

The company workload is very high. They don't respect work life balance, even after they are not startup and went public. Some crazy people work 24/7, which create the false impression that everyone is a robot and has t work 24/7. The culture is also dorky weird. They try to be cool as other tech/biotech companies; but please stop trying to create a fake cool culture. In terms of compensation, they are also not super good. After the market went down (from $40 a share where it was a locking period to $5), they did not refresh RSUs.

Recursion Pharmaceuticals Response

Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. I’m sorry to hear that your time at Recursion didn’t meet your expectations, but we appreciate your honest and candid feedback. As a mission-driven company with ambitions to transform our industry, our work requires us to deliver and grow in remarkable ways. That’s why we’re intentional about providing time and space for all our employees to recharge and do the things that inspire them. Our two, week-long company breaks, generous vacation time, and sabbatical leave offerings are examples of this. We are also very intentional about how we compensate our employees for their work. We align competitive compensation to real-time market data, cover 100% of healthcare premiums, provide company-wide annual bonuses, and offer equity grants. Our culture is one that encompasses collaboration, inclusion, learning, and bold thinking. This is who we are. Although we are incredibly proud of our high employee engagement and retention, we realize that not everyone will share in this enthusiasm. We are disappointed to hear that your time working at Recursion didn’t meet your expectations and hope you have found a place that better aligns with your needs. Heather Kirkby Chief People Officer Recursion

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great overall vision, lack of direction at the execution level

Apr 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people, perks and care

Cons

Some business unit leaders are making it up as they go and don’t have a vision how to get there.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Incredible Company Culture, Truly Love My Job!

Mar 25, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Recursion really operates by putting their employees first. The leadership genuinely cares about us as people, and I feel extremely welcome and happy in my role. Incredible benefits, amazing office environment, free catered lunches daily, meaningful All-Hands meetings, visible leaders - this company is very good at making me feel like I matter. - The values listed on our website are ACTUALLY our values and we use them in nearly every meeting and every conversation. They are deeply engrained in the work we do and help guide decision making. - Trust in leadership - Our CEO does an amazing job of leading both in a business-mindset but also with a thoughtful-caring mindset. He reminds us regularly about the impact we all can have at the company, and it means a lot. - Strong emphasis on DEI - clear plans articulated and then followed through upon. - Compensation - I feel like I'm paid well for what I do and it motivates me to want to give my all because I am fairly compensated.

Cons

- Typical growing pains - the company has grown fast so now is the time to stabilize and up level our internal processes.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent mission and career opportunity

Apr 11, 2022 - Machine Learning Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company's mission is unbeatable; the opportunity for data scientists and machine learning folks is tremendous because of the vast quantities of high-quality, proprietary data and variety of challenging statistical problems to solve.

Cons

The company is experiencing some growing pains that have taken a while to alleviate. A challenge has been organizing the vast researching brainpower to accomplish deliverables.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

BEST OF THE BEST

Mar 21, 2022 - Executive Assistant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company that not only cares about patients and their mission to "Decode Biology to Radically Improve Lives," but they also care about their employees too. Company paid benefits, daily lunches, paid parking, flexible PTO, employee development and growth opportunities, competitive salary, work swag, hybrid schedule, a CEO who cares!!! What more could you ask for.

Cons

Just like any company there are areas for improvement. This CON is actually a PRO because they are working to improve different processes as we continue to grow.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The future of biotech

Mar 15, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, benefits, mission. High integrity and ethics.

Cons

Growing pains with lack of basic processes and forward planning. Emphasis on speed versus everything else good for start up maybe but not best for public company.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 60 Reviews

Recursion Pharmaceuticals Reviews FAQs

Recursion Pharmaceuticals has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 63 reviews left anonymously by employees. 90% of employees would recommend working at Recursion Pharmaceuticals to a friend and 84% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -6% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Recursion Pharmaceuticals employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Recursion Pharmaceuticals. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

90% of Recursion Pharmaceuticals employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Recursion Pharmaceuticals 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.1 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Recursion Pharmaceuticals to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be workplace, work life balance, management.

Popular Careers with Recursion Pharmaceuticals Job Seekers