Reliant Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated August 14, 2017

3.4
Reid Smith-Vaniz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Creative and fun work environment"

I have been working at Reliant Technology full-time

Pros

This is a entrepreneurial work environment were people are encouraged to take calculated risks and can embrace the idea of learning something valuable from a failure. The company has had robust growth and is working on improving business automation for future scalability. Good people and a great work life balance.

Cons

The company has outgrown some of their current systems, but is taking a holistic approach to upgrading and system integration.

Advice to Management

Keep maintaining the employee feedback process from everyone in the company, so their input is always shared and acted upon.

2. "Good entry level company to begin a career"

Current Employee - Devoted Senior Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Devoted Senior Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reliant Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Snacks, work/life balance, flexible schedule, team mates, good potential, good starter environment, decent benefit package.

Cons

Declining culture, no training or professional development for employees, poor management, no HR resource, high employee turnover, tolerance for ethical dilemmas, no annual raises or salary increases from the top, religion in the workplace.

Advice to Management

Learn how to become a good manager/coach. Get the training and go through ALL the steps.

Aug 16, 2017 – CEO

Feedback like this is necessary for growth. We may not agree with all of it, but know we are listening.

I'd encourage you (if you still work at Reliant) to use your 1-1 with your manager to... More

3. "Employee"

I have been working at Reliant Technology full-time

Pros

The people are fantastic. Management has combined a great work/life balance with still being inclusive of all teams when deciding the direction of the company. If you are lazy, this wouldn't be an easy place to work. If you are smart and driven, the sky is the limit.

Cons

We have outgrown some of the processes we got away with as a smaller company. Those are being addressed which overall is a good thing, but change is always difficult to navigate.

Advice to Management

Keep getting feedback from your team on the floor. The improved communication at that level is improving culture and results.

Aug 16, 2017 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, I totally agree we have outgrown some of our current processes. Some of the pains of growth! My hope is our systems focus and hiring in this area will help.

I... More

4. "Be challenged in a entrepreneurial environment"

Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Georgia in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Things I really like about Reliant: the people, the open work environment, the transparency, the benefits (401K match, healthcare, the office, the music), and the work - it's really challenging, but really fulfilling. This is a place where you can come learn and grow and own a piece of the business that makes an impact. Reliant's also a open book work environment, which means we understand the financial health of the organization, and how we have a hand in the bottom line.

Cons

Things change a lot, and that's a challenge for some. Reliant is also roughly 30 employees, which means we don't have all the support structure, process or policies that some people crave. You won't like or fit in if you need a lot of handholding.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture ROWE (results only work environment), people really like, and the fun events going which really helps with moral and teamwork. Stick to the plan and keep empowering people to make it happen.

5. "Solid Company to Start a Career In!"

I have been working at Reliant Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

Results-Only (ROWE) environment; Fun company outings; staff are laid-back & friendly, getting the job done while making plenty of time to have fun; growing company means that there's plenty of room to get creative within your role; great employee benefits; management welcomes and listens well to honest feedback.

Cons

It's a small, growing company so things change pretty often, including strategy and policy. If you have a hard time being flexible, this is not the job for you.

"Reliant Technology.... Make as much as you can and run!"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Boca Raton, FL

I worked at Reliant Technology (More than a year)

Pros

ROWE work environment allows sales team to chew tobacco while working.

Cons

Staff runs the company, not the owner.

Advice to Management

Cut bait and run!!!

May 10, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for chiming in here. I actually DO agree with your CONS regarding the company being run by the staff. I want the staff (I call them a team, not a staff) to run the place... that's what it's... More

""Was" a Great Company"

Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Results only work environment. Could come an go as you pleased. Fun company outings.

Cons

Poor business leadership. Lack of clarity and vision from up top. No innovation. Shifting quickly from a fun startup mentality to a corporate mentality.

May 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for the feedback. I agree with the "Pros" and obviously, everyone is entitled to an opinion regarding my leadership capacity and clarity of vision. This review was written in... More

"Fun culture"

Pros

a great vibe. Very relaxed and results driven, sales staff treated well. Invested in personal growth and continuous feedback.

Cons

limited growth opportunities because of the size of the company. Training varies based on position. Leadership is improving, but company vision changes.

May 10, 2016 – CEO

Thanks for the feedback, especially the "feel" of what it's like to work at Reliant. I too agree with the vision changing from time to time, it's definitely a trait of mine as an... More

"Excellent Work Life Balance with Great Compensation"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Reliant Technology full-time

Pros

Reliant is an exceptional company to work for if you want to be challenged and have a lot of fun in the process. Reliant is a ROWE environment which is "Results Only Work Environment" meaning that as long as you are attaining your goals, you can pretty much come and go as you please from the office. Unlimited vacation days, Beer and snacks stocked in the fridge regularly, ping pong table/corn hole games, company outings and catered events. Along with great benefits, pretty much everyone except interns in the company are compensated very well.

Cons

Lack of clear and concise direction from the leadership team. Constantly flip flopping on decisions (Analysis Paralysis). This is a very clicky company. There are clear divides among the people that work here as far as status and relationships with upper management (probably no more than any other office in the world). Health benefits are weak. Lack of upward movement due to the size of the company.

Advice to Management

The management team is great to deal with from a relational level (understanding, fun and patient). However, this company could be capturing a lot more margin with better decision from the top. No need to analyze information over and over and then not make a decision. Don't think too far outside the box. No need to try and reinvent the wheel when your selling a commodity.

May 10, 2016 – CEO

Thank you for your feedback and I wish I could have replied to this one sooner to express my gratitude. ROWE was first introduced to me 5-6 years ago and really struck a chord to make sure we hire... More