KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Remote CEO Job van der Voort
Job van der Voort
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing team and company culture

Sep 21, 2021 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work-life balance (seriously!) - Unlimited PTO + quarterly self-care days - Kindness at every level of the company - Very fair pay + everyone gets equity in the company - 100% remote and encouraged to work from almost any country you want

Cons

- Working in a startup you need to be prepared to pivot quickly - No bonuses

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best Place to Work...Period.

Aug 25, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great senior management, exceptional benefits (stock equity and unlimited PTO), extraordinary company culture.

Cons

The pace can be pretty fast as we scale.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic opportunity, culture and very satisfying work

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are way too many to list here honestly. I don't want to sound biased, but I have worked at many companies, some fortune 500, and in different countries also. Remote's approach is simply satisfying. The people are wonderful, the micromanagement does not exist, which allows for professionals to grow and show off their skill. Some may view hypergrowth as a con, but it is also an exciting opportunity for personal growth. All-in-all, I have been here for a little less than a month, and I look forward to being here for many years to come honestly.

Cons

I also put this as a pro, but I will mention it as a con because for some, they might not like this idea. Hypergrowth is not for everybody. But, if you are up for the challenge, you will feel very accomplished.

Remote Response

Thanks a lot for sharing your review! We're excited to be on this hypergrowth journey together!

4. 5.0
    Former Employee

very good company

Jun 14, 2021 - Technical Support Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work from home and flexible time

Cons

not a very good base salary

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Current Employee

It’s ok

Jun 21, 2021 - Organizational Chief Executive Officer in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

All good but boring sometimes

Cons

It’s often stressful and overrated

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great start in sales

Apr 4, 2021 - Sales Representative in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They used the situational learning style.

Cons

The mentor was very busy to train as frequently as I had envisioned.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee

10/10 Would Recommend

Feb 19, 2021 - Customer Success
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing corporate culture championed authentically by founders. Feels like working in the world of tomorrow - focus is on setting you up to get your work done.

Cons

Every good startup has growing pains.

3 people found this review helpful

Remote Response

Thank you for the great review! If the People Team can help improve any of the growing pains you mention, feel free to provide feedback directly to us via email or slack.

8. 5.0

Transparent and Engaging Recruitment Process

Jan 12, 2021 - Sales Enablement Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

**Please note that this review only speaks to the recruitment process. The recruitment and hiring process at Remote has been seamless, engaging, and transparent. It is refreshing to not be dragged through weeks or months of interviews, and to be given feedback along the way. As a full-time active job seeker, knowing where my application stood at all points in time with Remote made me much more enthusiastic about the process itself. And even when a small hiccup of uncertainty arose, the transparency allowed me to make a more informed decision about continuing with my application. I truly felt like this recruitment experience was what it should be: both the company interviewing me, and me interviewing the company. This hiring process has set an exceptionally high standard for me going forward!

Cons

The general compensation formula for a role was touched on briefly prior to an offer being made, but it would be helpful to have an approximate range on hand of what is being offered for the role when in the early stages of interviews.

9 people found this review helpful

Remote Response

Thank you so much for your feedback!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best company I've ever worked for

Jan 1, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employees are completely autonomous to do their jobs yet are supported fully. Leadership treats every employee fairly and respectfully; Remote is grounded by a culture of kindness and this shows in everything they do.

Cons

Absolutely none, however, if you are unable to be unfailingly positive and take ownership of your position, be innovative and flexible in an ever changing and extremely fast growing environment, Remote may not be right for you.

9 people found this review helpful

Remote Response

We appreciate your feedback, thank you!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Best job - best colleagues and PURPOSE.

Sep 23, 2021 - Onboarding Specialist in Birmingham, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

So before I started work at Remote I basically researched the heck of of this company. Glassdoor, LinkedIn, you name it - I had researched it. I thought it was a scam. I came from corporate and I was like.. In-game meetings? Flexible working schedule? Unlimited days off and a really good salary? How does THAT work? Must be an MLM. Must be some.. crazy crash and burn start up. It took me a long time to apply. Applied after researching their handbook and I was just curious how the interviewing process would go. Man, I flew through that recruitment process. Every single interview felt like I was sitting down with a friend. I questioned them on EVERYTHING. By the end of the second interview I remember looking at my family and going "..Wow. This is it" I got the offer in and I accepted. Made sure that my old manager was okay with me coming back in case I got scammed! That's how crazy I thought this idea was - to leave my comfortable corporate job for a job at a start up with such radical ideas around work.. I'm in month 3 now and I am a different person. Remote's got me a therapist. Not because I need it, but because everyone needs one. I feel seen, heard and my goodness - my mental health and sanity has gone through a full-reset. I now work hours that I want, when I want. I get to onboard refugees for free because the company doesn't want to profit and simply wants to help. The company wants the little guy to build up wealth and my goodness, as a millennial I am finally able to add generously to my savings account. I haven't taken much time off despite the unlimited leave policy. Because and I know, this sounds crazy - but I actually like going to work. crazy, right? The only day I had off was the self care day Remote made me take off.. haha Do what I did - research the company and speak to people from Remote. These are good, talented people from all over the world and most from really talented places that want the world of work to change.

Cons

I'll be truly real here - the company is growing like crazy. I was employee 124 I think and we're now heading for 400 employees worldwide within 3 months. This means that new people show up every day and I do not know half of the company, which sucks because most everyone I've met so far has been incredible. What comes with rapid growth? You need to be flexible. Things break. Google is your best friend. Processes need to be made and if you are not flexible and go-with-the-flow this place is not for you!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 25 Reviews