Renasant Reviews | Glassdoor

Renasant Reviews

Updated August 8, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.3
Renasant Chairman, President, and CEO; President and CEO, Renasant Bank Robin McGraw
Robin McGraw

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Teller
    Current Employee - Teller

I have been working at Renasant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees work together as a team. Benefits from day one and PTO is pretty standard but good. All major holidays off. Monday thru Friday only.

Cons

None really other than the branch itself could use a few upgrades but it is one of the smaller branches. Although I believe they will update it soon or get a bigger location.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

2. "Renasant is a fine employer, but has room for improvement."

Former Employee - Mortgage Accountant in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Mortgage Accountant in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Renasant full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Alabama management is strong, company is stable and continuously growing, culture was slightly more relaxed than other financial institutions (not including dress code, ties are required for men).

Cons

Salaries are lower compared to their peers, PTO days are not competitive to the industry (2 weeks vacation until you reach 7 years of service, then you get 3 weeks. Cannot reach 4 weeks PTO until 20 years of service), opportunities for advancement are somewhat limited by their current size, and they have higher turnover than I've seen with other companies.

3. "LO has all the power"

I have been working at Renasant full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were nice

Cons

They let loan officers push you over. Kept saying they won't rush closing, yet they kept letting it happen.

Advice to Management

Stop looking at just the the reports because there are so much going on in the back end that is more than just a date.

4. "Management and experience depends on location"

I worked at Renasant part-time

Pros

I enjoyed my coworkers and easy communication with my head teller and boss and mostly everyone seemed to have a teamwork attitude.

Paid vacation for part time and 401k, if you worked minimum wage jobs before it will be a nice raise.

Cons

Working so many Saturdays because people are always quitting or getting fired.

Advice to Management

Hire Float tellers that actually want to work Saturdays and help the work load of the part time or full time employees.

5. ".."

Pros

Depening on the location, you will be busy all day to make it go faster. In Rankin County, Pearl is one of the busiest locations.

Cons

Some of the lead tellers are NOT good teachers. They liked to just sit there and expect you to learn without help

Advice to Management

Pay attention to your Lead Tellers and make sure they are doing their job.

6. "Former Employee"

I worked at Renasant full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

A growing company with a lot of opportunities to learn new things and to be challenged on a daily basis.

Cons

Growing pains that just come with a growing company especially one involved with multiple mergers over the past several years.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that your employees are your most valuable resource and the difference-maker between you and other banks.

"My experience was terrible. The worst mistake I have ever made."

Former Employee - Teller in Oxford, MS
    Former Employee - Teller in Oxford, MS

I worked at Renasant full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can not tell you one pro.. I hated it from day one. I should have known from the first interview. Always trust your gut!!!

Cons

They do not take the time to train you. Period. It's your word against someone else's if something happens. If you're new you won't get the chance to voice your side. You will be out of there, quick! There are obviously different rules for different people.

Advice to Management

Take the time and listen to your employees instead of playing favoritism. You might not have such a high turn over rate if you knew how to treat people!!!

"Mortgage loan processor"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Johns Creek, GA
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Johns Creek, GA

Pros

Flexibility,remote ability,good support of coworkers,pay is within market,bonus above market. Fun atmosphere ,lots of company give backs.

Cons

Micromanage,technical software is a little dated ,always crashing,could have a more accessible IT department. Inconsistent management and guidelines everyone is all over the place with rules.

Advice to Management

Stop letting sales run the comp

9. "Personal Banker"

I worked at Renasant full-time

Pros

Great support from Corporate. Awesome customer base. Technical support is just a phone call away. Salary is above average. Office locations are all modern and well maintained and hours of business are average. Benefits include 401K, Medical, Dental and Flexible Spending and the Medical Insurance is TERRIFIC!!! Overall, Renasant Bank is a good employer, I was just at the wrong branch.

Cons

Training is available but you have to ask for it and by the time you receive the training, it may be too late. Favoritism is obvious; If Management doesn't like you they WILL find a way to get rid of you. There is only one side to any story and no one asks for your side. If you ask for a transfer, forget it. Lenders and management will ask you to do tasks that you know are not in compliance but you feel pressure to abide or suffer repercussion, No teamwork or communication unless your in the "cliche".

10. "Bank Teller"

Former Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL
    Former Employee - Bank Teller in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Renasant (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company with a loose, employee-friendly atmosphere.

Cons

All of the regulations that come with the banking industry

Advice to Management

Keep doing more of the same.