ReproSource Reviews | Glassdoor

ReproSource CEO Benjamin Leader
Benjamin Leader
  1. "Specimen Processor"

I worked at ReproSource full-time

Pros

Good staff fast paced environment

Cons

Can think of anything right now

ReproSource2018-08-23
  2. "Administrative Clerk"

Current Employee - Administrative Clerk in Woburn, MA

I have been working at ReproSource part-time for less than a year

Pros

-Very easy work -Great snacks

Cons

-Little tedious -Kind of boring -Gossip-oriented people

ReproSource2019-09-24
  3. "Good but very strict"

Former Employee - Specimen Processor in Woburn, MA

I worked at ReproSource full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good people, positive work environment, busy days usually

Cons

So many rules coworkers weren’t even allowed to talk about things or converse too much during work hours.

ReproSource2019-08-02

"Tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I worked at ReproSource full-time

Pros

Free snacks & commute

Cons

Horrible, unprofessional company I have ever worked for. The CEO writes fake reviews!!!! Beware!!!! Only paid $25 an hour and wanted to work LONG hours

ReproSource2018-11-28
  5. "Realistic Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at ReproSource full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company as a whole performs some of the most groundbreaking testing in the fertility business. The majority of employees are great to work with, and have positive attitudes. If you come in, do your job, and prove you are a reliable and responsible employee, good things will happen for you. The company wants to promote employees from within, but you have to work for it - promotions are not just given because you think you deserve it. I was just given my third promotion, and it was due to the fact that I am a loyal, responsible, dedicated, positive employee. A prime example of proof that hard work DOES pay off at ReproSource.

Cons

There are negative individuals who currently work, or have worked, at the company who group together with other employees to bask in each other's negativity. The company is growing so fast that it is difficult to ensure the appropriate staffing is locked down, and sometimes this leads to salary employees working more than their scheduled hours, but it doesn't last forever. As stated in previous reviews, the turnaround in the company is significantly higher than most. I believe there are three main reasons: people can't handle the fast paced environment, people are easily influenced by others spewing negativity, and people wanting promotions, but aren't willing to work hard for it.

ReproSource2018-06-13
  6. "The Best Bosses I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Clinical Case Worker and Patient Advocate in Woburn, MA

I have been working at ReproSource full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They actually care about their employees. They invest in your growth, development, and career path. There is an old-fashioned sense of family, loyalty, and unity. There is no factionalism, everyone is working toward a common goal. Everyone works hard here---not just you. And the team supports one another. If you stumble, there is always someone there to pick you up. The biggest incentive to work here is the team. You just don't find that everywhere. It makes it easy to get up and go to work in the morning.

Cons

I won't sugar-coat it: It is fast-paced and very busy. It is the top lab in the world for fertility testing, and that fact means that their services are in high demand. Their status as the very best in the industry will give you bragging rights and it will boost your resume, but you will be earning those bragging rights on a daily basis. They pay more than everyone else, but there is seldom a lull in the action. It does however make the shifts fly by. The work week seems to just disappear.

ReproSource2018-03-29

"WORST company I've ever worked for! HIGH TURNOVER"

Former Employee - Lab Technician

I worked at ReproSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employees support each other and are friendly

Cons

The Top 2 MICROMANAGE the place, manipulate and routinely lie to employees. There is NO transparency at this company because the top 2 are constantly making things up to keep employees in the dark. Micromanagement is a huge problem as no one can make a move without the CEO or his partner changing directions just to prevent anyone from making decisions Handfuls of people leave at a time, there are few senior employees as the longest most last is a year

ReproSource2018-04-03
  8. "Much Thanks To Reprosource"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Woburn, MA

I have been working at ReproSource full-time

Pros

When I had to leave work for family issues, the company was very understanding. I am very much appreciative of the strong support

Cons

As of yet, I do not really have anything to complain about.

ReproSource2017-12-25

"cruel management"

Former Employee - Lab

I worked at ReproSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

coworkers/research (only if you are picked personally/unrelated to merit and work ethic)

Cons

Brutal hours for salaried people. Email for every lunch and break; your emails will be public to your department if you're not at least mid-level management. You will be questioned for your bathroom use. Every mistake or issue not caught appropriately by an individual or team is considered a system flaw that needs to be rectified; you will be asked for your signature every time, a big circle meeting happens, new paperwork is done, new SOPs are written, etc. The same policies will be edited out and back in again with time. Everything is always a crisis, always wrong. Discussions are directed, not facilitated. People are written up for rolling their eyes. I watched a couple dozen people come and go in the extremely high turnover environment from 2014-2016. No department was recognizable. The company is loyal to no one; no one is loyal to it. I watched top employees who've been with the company since its very beginning be treated awfully, only to eventually leave, and its top earning/producing staff also leave for the first good opportunity. Your coworkers will be forced to choose between livelihood and you; I was asked many times by my direct supervisor to report on any language that was negative against a procedure or environmental problem within the company. You will not check your phone at all during the day. You are expected to eat lunch at your desk. If management suspects you and someone else are in agreement on things that are wrong or dysfunctional, your breaks will not be allowed to occur together. There are multiple cameras in every room. You are not allowed on the internet; you will be spoken to in front of your department for googling an image to use for your desktop background. We didn't have HR when I started; the one HR person quit after I left and I guess there's a new one. You don't say no to anything asked of you. The best way to get something, like placement on a project or team, is to not mention it before management does because they will spend months and years telling you that you are not worthy or qualified. Let them hand pick you and then be gracious as all get out.

ReproSource2017-04-05

"If your looking to grow within a company go elsewhere unless you have lots of experience."

I worked at ReproSource full-time for more than a year

Pros

For the most part you meet some wonderful people. The company itself has a great purpose and great breakthrough research is constantly being completed.

Cons

Micromanaging at its best. The turnaround rate is ridiculous. At first the perfect picture is painted but as the months past the truth starts to show. The negative attitude becomes the norm as many employees put in so much to get little in return. Just because your a salary employee you are expected to work about 50 hrs and if you leave early come late you will get critiqued.

ReproSource2016-11-22