Rewards Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

Rewards Network CEO Daniel Kazan
Daniel Kazan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Direct manager allows you to work from home when you need to (in 23 reviews)

• But they care about work/life balance - the current HR department is there to help when needed (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management thinks the program is rainbows & Unicorns (in 13 reviews)

• Completely disorganized, showed favoritism, not much leadership skills as far as the sales team, no direction, outlandish goals (in 11 reviews)

"New & improved - not the same company 5 years ago"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Active management - they're involved in the details at the appropriate levels. They are good at prioritizing what we do - there was a time when I had eleven #1 priorities which sets you up to fail. NOW they are focused. Great people - really fun environment - more intracompany events and a social environment with a strong team mentality. Somewhat flexible schedule - there aren't too many wfh's and that keeps everyone engaged. But they care about work/life balance - the current HR department is there to help when needed. Need I say more?

Cons

Smaller company so not as many opportunities to advance in job title - but opportunities to train and raise your responsibilities / salary within your current position.

Advice to Management

Keep it up - continue to try and balance merchant, partner, and member needs.

"Not something I would recommend"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hollywood, FL
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hollywood, FL

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1 hour lunch break, two 15 minutes breaks paid, laid back atmosphere,and pretty decent pay

Cons

company was going on a slight downfall when I was employed,never seen so many people quit or get fired in my life, huge turn over rate, upper management only cared about numbers not necessarily human beings, i wouldn't recommended working here, it's not something long term.

Advice to Management

sales quota is too high, make it more realistic, upper management in the office has a huge ego, not a great person to run an office, need more of a team player who genuinely cares about there employees.

"Exciting job!"

Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Outside Sales Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been in sales for about 10 years & working for Rewards Network has been one of the best companies Ive worked for. So far I'm 3 months in and it's all been good. They have a great training program and even flew me out to the Chicago headquarters. The pay structure is uncapped so how much I potentailly make is totally up to me. I'm glad I took the chance!

Cons

The interview process can take some time but it was explained to me that they wanted to hire someone for the long-term which makes sense.

May 18, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

We’re glad you took the chance too! It is true we take pride in selecting talent for our outside sales roles. It is good knowing you found the Sales Training impactful; it does help our new hires... More

"Analyst"

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Tele commute, Close to station.

Cons

Lot of people turn around.

"Caring co-workers and CEO that are fun to work with!"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Rewards Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rewards Network is a company of friendly folks who care about their business and customers. There is a clear emphasis on hiring the right people to build a great team. Dan, the CEO, looks to balance the needs of the business and the team members to create a positive, collaborative, transparent culture. While as with any business, decisions need to consider the cost/benefit balance, but the leadership is always looking to understand the right way to do things and are considering the strategic impact of decisions. Rewards is looking to focus on doing a few simultaneous projects well and to avoid diluting effort by attempting too many initiatives at once.

Cons

While only a con if you don't want to be visible, Rewards is a smaller company where the contribution of each individual is evident and crucial. This drives accountability, but can be a challenge for those from a larger organization used to more anonymity. You need to be willing to pitch in where ever help is needed. Oh, and it helps to be good at, or at least interested in, table tennis, at least in the Chicago office :)

Advice to Management

Continue to foster and promote the culture of collaboration and transparency. Look for additional opportunities to provide and promote career development.

"Environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rewards Network (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Employee turnover was very high.

"Great place to start your career and working with great people"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Gilberts, IL
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in Gilberts, IL

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with great knowledgeable and funny people both from the business to the IT. Good benefits and pay rate. Great location and new office. Direct manager allows you to work from home when you need to.

Cons

They are still running old technology. The business modal need improvement to bring in new clients and also new products would help.

Advice to Management

Listen to your front line sales people as they talk with your customers on a daily and might trigger new products. Also, listen to your young employee as they might have new idea for some new product to sell.

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Location. 33% off meals at participating restaurants impresses family and friends.

Cons

Some really bad people are associated with RN. Not interested in helping with career growth. Unethical. Company has shrunk dramatically over last 10 years. Mass layoffs 2 years ago. It was surreal to watch so many people escorted out of the office in front of their peers. If you're thinking of working for RN, stay away. Keep looking for a company that will value your hard work.

Advice to Management

Pointless. They don't care about creating a good working environment. It's hard to tell what exactly their mission is.

Jun 7, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

When our new CEO Dan Kazan arrived in the fourth quarter of 2014, Rewards Network changed how we do business, and even today, our focus remains on the future. Our ability to keep moving forward with... More

"Cold and Corporate"

I worked at Rewards Network full-time

Pros

Maybe the downtown location? Close to French Market which was a great lunch option.

Cons

So many. They're a rewards company that no one has heard of and frankly no uses. The customer numbers they use for marketing is a complete lie. They have an agile process that is way over kill. They had meetings about meetings. The managers are heartless and way in their heads and only care about themselves. I worked there for about 2 years and witnessed 3 CEO's take over. It's cold and corporate and a lot of fakers.

Advice to Management

Start from scratch.

May 25, 2017 – Director, Human Resources

We’re proud to say Rewards Network has experienced significant growth in recent years. We remain committed to the agile process, always streamlining and looking for ways to improve not just our... More

"Software Tester"

Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rewards Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salary was acceptable and in range

Cons

Leaders lead by intimidation and HR turned a blind eye. HR is close friends with employees which is a double edge sword. Very clickish feel to work environment.

Advice to Management

Start over