Rewards Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rewards Network Interview Questions

Updated Oct 30, 2018

2.8

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network in December 2014.

Interview

Easy ,spoke with recruiter who was fantastic, then sales manager, the executive sales manager. Everyone was friendly and answered my questions directly. They drilled me a little, but I had fun with the answers. It's a hardcore sales environment.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard sales questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the offer and they did not pursue. Pay is pretty straightforward.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Warm, welcoming environment! The team scheduled the interviews around when the best time was for me - even coming in earlier than usual just to accommodate me. I interviewed with two levels of management one after another and felt comfortable during the entire meeting. They both wanted to know me on a personal and professional level - asking questions about who I am as a person and as an employee to get the best idea of how I could fit into the company. They took as much time as needed to get to know me - were not antsy to finish up and I felt I had their complete attention. They were also very open on answering questions and informing me on the company, the position, and the expectations of someone in the role. I felt very valued - even as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult challenge that you overcame in your previous workplace.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

National Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network in September 2014.

Interview

The opportunity was brought up by their recruiter, who was phenomenal. After hearing great things about the opportunity I decided to go forward with the initial conversation with the hiring manager, the Senior Vice President National Accounts. While the conversation went well, he talked WAY too much, didn't ask me many questions or provide an opportunity to share my experience. Between his ongoing chatter and a lengthy interruption mid-conversation, I had to weave in a bullet here and there. At the end of the (one-sided) conversation, he shared that he would like to have me proceed with the next step in the interviewing process, which was supposed to be another phone interview with the HR department that would be setup within the next week.

I followed up with an email thanking him for his time and that I looked forward to next steps immediately after the call. After a week had gone by I followed up with the recruiter who notified me that she had heard no updates. I followed up again several days later only to receive the same 'I got no updates' response. Thinking this may be a "test" to see how I handle adversity, considering it's a sales role, I asked if I should follow up with him directly to which the recruiter told me not to.

Long story short, no follow ever came of this and it was a VERY frustrating and time-wasting experience. After 4 weeks of this I decided to move on. I would recommend staying away from this company. If they can't even get their interviewing process down smoothly, what's to say that they have anything else running smoothly?

Interview Questions

• Not being able to speak between the interviewer's blathering   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Hollywood, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with someone from HR, If you get selected then they call you for a face to face interview, which in't hard at all, just have to sell yourself

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

My interview process was a few years ago when the company worked with an outside recruiting company. The process was fine at the time, though I didn't have great confidence in the recruiter herself and the communication between me, her and the hiring manager. I should have paid more attention to my instincts, some important information was lost in the shuffle that in hindsight would have affected my negotiations. I'm happy for new hires that the hiring process is in house now, I think that there is a greater understanding of the company, the processes, the personalities and the jobs.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was terribly unexpected, the interview went very well. During the initial screening calls with the recruiter, salary was brought up/asked of me before my qualifications, which was interesting to me and a slight red flag as it indicated priorities were not on finding the best person for the job first and foremost.   Answer Question

Negotiation

At the time, for my position, there was little negotiation ability for me. The job had a set salary expectation and I needed a job. In hindsight I would have negotiated more vacation time if possible but since I didn't, I don't know if that is negotiable or not.

Marketing Interview

Interview

Interviewed with two people. First a manager then a VP. Pretty relaxed and conversational.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Accepted as is offer.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very thorough. I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with Regional Manager, then 2 more phone interviews and a ride along with local sales rep.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales style and how do you prepare for cold calls into businesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers and someone in HR. They put you through the ringer and ask a lot of questions. The HR person spent 30 minutes on the phone and it was apparent her job was to disqualify me. The first manager I met was nice and supportive and not very experienced with interviews, the second was very experienced and asked some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about a time when you excelled in your current job/ what did you do? How did it work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with phone interview with recruiter, Then a face to face ( 1,25 hrs) interview with Regional Manager. Next a 30 minute phone interview with Sales Trainer. Last 30 plus minute interview with VP. This process was over six weeks in duration! The last phone interview by VP. I was told that I would hear from initial recruiter with in 24 hours
    After three more weeks of my follow up calls / email.. I received a email that company not hiring in the Tampa, Fl territory. The recruiter and company did not have the professional courtesy to send a letter of personal phone call.

Unfortunately this charade and empty promises slowed my search process. The lack of professional communication, prompt responses was simply unbelievable!

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Indianapolis, IN) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter; phone interview with hiring manager, face to face with hiring manager, phone interview with SVP. Be aggressive about your ability and desire to cold call and to make a one call close.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of one call close. Make sure you talk about 5-8 cold calls a day that you have made to fill your appointment schedule.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation was through the recruiter. There was little negotiation.