Rewards Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Rewards Network Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2017

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Denver, CO) in October 2017.

Interview

The process was very thorough. I had an initial interview with a internal recruiter, followed by an in person interview with Regional Manager, then 2 more phone interviews and a ride along with local sales rep.

Interview Questions

• What is your sales style and how do you prepare for cold calls into businesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by two managers and someone in HR. They put you through the ringer and ask a lot of questions. The HR person spent 30 minutes on the phone and it was apparent her job was to disqualify me. The first manager I met was nice and supportive and not very experienced with interviews, the second was very experienced and asked some difficult questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years? Tell me about a time when you excelled in your current job/ what did you do? How did it work out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Tampa, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process started with phone interview with recruiter, Then a face to face ( 1,25 hrs) interview with Regional Manager. Next a 30 minute phone interview with Sales Trainer. Last 30 plus minute interview with VP. This process was over six weeks in duration! The last phone interview by VP. I was told that I would hear from initial recruiter with in 24 hours
    After three more weeks of my follow up calls / email.. I received a email that company not hiring in the Tampa, Fl territory. The recruiter and company did not have the professional courtesy to send a letter of personal phone call.

Unfortunately this charade and empty promises slowed my search process. The lack of professional communication, prompt responses was simply unbelievable!

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Warm, welcoming environment! The team scheduled the interviews around when the best time was for me - even coming in earlier than usual just to accommodate me. I interviewed with two levels of management one after another and felt comfortable during the entire meeting. They both wanted to know me on a personal and professional level - asking questions about who I am as a person and as an employee to get the best idea of how I could fit into the company. They took as much time as needed to get to know me - were not antsy to finish up and I felt I had their complete attention. They were also very open on answering questions and informing me on the company, the position, and the expectations of someone in the role. I felt very valued - even as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult challenge that you overcame in your previous workplace.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Hollywood, FL) in February 2016.

Interview

Brief phone interview with someone from HR, If you get selected then they call you for a face to face interview, which in't hard at all, just have to sell yourself

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Worked with a recruiter on this so some of the process was abstracted. Had a phone interview, onsite interview, and then accepted the position after it was offered. The company did a great job getting back to me quickly with a response. Everyone was friendly during the interview and they even worked with me on the time slot as I had a time constraint. I definitely had some technical questions thrown my way but they were fair considering the role I was applying for and the responsibilities entailed. Those involved in the decision/hiring process did a great job with providing answers in a timely fashion. Overall, very smooth, no BS interview process.

Interview Questions

• How to search for a node in Chef?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying via a website that had their opportunity advertised I was contacted by one of the HR people there at Rewards Network. The phone interview went well and was pretty easy. I have a load of sales experience. After that I was forwarded to the Regional Manager of the area I had applied for. The interview was professional. The questions were more on "what would you do" or "what have you done in this situation". I was then forwards a few days later to one of the upper management for a interview. Very quick and professional. A face to face interview was then set up with the Regional and I was flown to Dallas and this interview was a face to face over dinner. The next day I rode with one of the Account Executives and got to ask questions about the opportunity and see how Rewards Network works in the field. She was very helpful and courteous.

Interview Questions

• First interview was basic questions. Second interview were more in deepth about your experience and a lot of situational questions. The face to face interview was very casual but more about learning about each other and probably if their was chemistry. The ride along was very informal but one got to see what a day was like and you could ask the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process. Contacted from an outside recruiter first, did a phone interview with her. Then, I was contacted by the in-house recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Completed phone interview with Regional Manager and scheduled an in-person interview with Regional Manager. After this interview, I was then interviewed by the Divisional Vice President. 2 month process.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst boss you ever had and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set base plus year one commission ramp up. Car allowance, company phone, printed delivered to your house for home office use.

Senior Data Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview was conducted by the ETL team. It was an easy one.

I was called in for a face to face interview. ETL team were very well prepared for the interview. They interviewed me for hour and a half. I thought the interview was going well until the one of the interviewers was called in. Interviewer who was dialed in was very rude and unprofessional. He asked me what an SCD type 29 was. When I told him I did not know what it was he started humiliating and insulting me. I decided not to answer his questions after this episode. The interview was done soon after that.

I contacted my colleagues and asked them What a type 29 was, no one has heard about it. Even the interviewers in the room mentioned, that they did not know what a type 29 was .
    After the interview , I emailed the consulting company who arranged the interview , mentioned what happened and requested more information on what an Type 29 was. I never heard back.

I feel that the interviewer already had someone in their mind and wanted to hire them.

I had to take half a day off from work to attend this interview. At the end of the day , I lost half a days pay, time and ended up being humiliated by the interviewer

I guess I should have listened to glassdoor.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network in December 2014.

Interview

Easy ,spoke with recruiter who was fantastic, then sales manager, the executive sales manager. Everyone was friendly and answered my questions directly. They drilled me a little, but I had fun with the answers. It's a hardcore sales environment.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard sales questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the offer and they did not pursue. Pay is pretty straightforward.