Rewards Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.9

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Warm, welcoming environment! The team scheduled the interviews around when the best time was for me - even coming in earlier than usual just to accommodate me. I interviewed with two levels of management one after another and felt comfortable during the entire meeting. They both wanted to know me on a personal and professional level - asking questions about who I am as a person and as an employee to get the best idea of how I could fit into the company. They took as much time as needed to get to know me - were not antsy to finish up and I felt I had their complete attention. They were also very open on answering questions and informing me on the company, the position, and the expectations of someone in the role. I felt very valued - even as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Explain a difficult challenge that you overcame in your previous workplace.   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Devops Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Pretty straightforward. Worked with a recruiter on this so some of the process was abstracted. Had a phone interview, onsite interview, and then accepted the position after it was offered. The company did a great job getting back to me quickly with a response. Everyone was friendly during the interview and they even worked with me on the time slot as I had a time constraint. I definitely had some technical questions thrown my way but they were fair considering the role I was applying for and the responsibilities entailed. Those involved in the decision/hiring process did a great job with providing answers in a timely fashion. Overall, very smooth, no BS interview process.

Interview Questions

• How to search for a node in Chef?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

After applying via a website that had their opportunity advertised I was contacted by one of the HR people there at Rewards Network. The phone interview went well and was pretty easy. I have a load of sales experience. After that I was forwarded to the Regional Manager of the area I had applied for. The interview was professional. The questions were more on "what would you do" or "what have you done in this situation". I was then forwards a few days later to one of the upper management for a interview. Very quick and professional. A face to face interview was then set up with the Regional and I was flown to Dallas and this interview was a face to face over dinner. The next day I rode with one of the Account Executives and got to ask questions about the opportunity and see how Rewards Network works in the field. She was very helpful and courteous.

Interview Questions

• First interview was basic questions. Second interview were more in deepth about your experience and a lot of situational questions. The face to face interview was very casual but more about learning about each other and probably if their was chemistry. The ride along was very informal but one got to see what a day was like and you could ask the questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

Multi-step process. Contacted from an outside recruiter first, did a phone interview with her. Then, I was contacted by the in-house recruiter to schedule a phone interview with the Regional Manager. Completed phone interview with Regional Manager and scheduled an in-person interview with Regional Manager. After this interview, I was then interviewed by the Divisional Vice President. 2 month process.

Interview Questions

• What is the worst boss you ever had and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Set base plus year one commission ramp up. Car allowance, company phone, printed delivered to your house for home office use.

Senior Data Integration Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The initial phone interview was conducted by the ETL team. It was an easy one.

I was called in for a face to face interview. ETL team were very well prepared for the interview. They interviewed me for hour and a half. I thought the interview was going well until the one of the interviewers was called in. Interviewer who was dialed in was very rude and unprofessional. He asked me what an SCD type 29 was. When I told him I did not know what it was he started humiliating and insulting me. I decided not to answer his questions after this episode. The interview was done soon after that.

I contacted my colleagues and asked them What a type 29 was, no one has heard about it. Even the interviewers in the room mentioned, that they did not know what a type 29 was .
    After the interview , I emailed the consulting company who arranged the interview , mentioned what happened and requested more information on what an Type 29 was. I never heard back.

I feel that the interviewer already had someone in their mind and wanted to hire them.

I had to take half a day off from work to attend this interview. At the end of the day , I lost half a days pay, time and ended up being humiliated by the interviewer

I guess I should have listened to glassdoor.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network in December 2014.

Interview

Easy ,spoke with recruiter who was fantastic, then sales manager, the executive sales manager. Everyone was friendly and answered my questions directly. They drilled me a little, but I had fun with the answers. It's a hardcore sales environment.

Interview Questions

• Lots of standard sales questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I declined the offer and they did not pursue. Pay is pretty straightforward.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

Initially I was contacted by the hiring manager and really enjoyed the initial interactions. I was rushed in for a first and second interview and met with the entire senior team and the direct reports for this role. At the end of the second interview, I was told that there was an internal candidate and although I was still in the running, that this person would be favored. I then didn't hear anything for weeks until I followed up with the hiring manager. She said at that point that they were still interested in me, but since I was the only candidate the senior team had seen that they needed to see more candidates to compare to me before making a final decision. I received that communication over 2 months ago via email and I have never heard from them again. I would have even appreciated a form decline letter at this point, but in my experience after interviewing with 9 people and taking this long in a decision making process, I would give the candidate a call to discuss out of courtesy.

Interview Questions

• Very unstructured interviews with mostly hypothetical questions. For example, here is our issue, how would you go about solving it. I was surprised that those would be the questions. Any HR professional worth their salt would not jump to a solution after so little information. I was also asked how I would go about recruiting a certain role. Then I was asked how I deal with pressure.   Answer Question

National Sales Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network in September 2014.

Interview

The opportunity was brought up by their recruiter, who was phenomenal. After hearing great things about the opportunity I decided to go forward with the initial conversation with the hiring manager, the Senior Vice President National Accounts. While the conversation went well, he talked WAY too much, didn't ask me many questions or provide an opportunity to share my experience. Between his ongoing chatter and a lengthy interruption mid-conversation, I had to weave in a bullet here and there. At the end of the (one-sided) conversation, he shared that he would like to have me proceed with the next step in the interviewing process, which was supposed to be another phone interview with the HR department that would be setup within the next week.

I followed up with an email thanking him for his time and that I looked forward to next steps immediately after the call. After a week had gone by I followed up with the recruiter who notified me that she had heard no updates. I followed up again several days later only to receive the same 'I got no updates' response. Thinking this may be a "test" to see how I handle adversity, considering it's a sales role, I asked if I should follow up with him directly to which the recruiter told me not to.

Long story short, no follow ever came of this and it was a VERY frustrating and time-wasting experience. After 4 weeks of this I decided to move on. I would recommend staying away from this company. If they can't even get their interviewing process down smoothly, what's to say that they have anything else running smoothly?

Interview Questions

• Not being able to speak between the interviewer's blathering   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (San Francisco, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Long and lengthy, math test requirement, and driving as much as 2 hrs. to meet interviewer. Rewards Networks business model is old school, and antiquated. They appeared to be a company with typical and boring management styles, processes, and vision...or lack thereof. They seem reluctant to implement new technologies to support their product and pitch.

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in July 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with Recruiting Director, then phone interview with Chief Biz Dev Officer, then in person interview with him and CMO, then a series of in person interviews with CFO, CSO, CEO and IT Director, all within two weeks. The recruiting director took charge of everything, communication, scheduling, organizing and she was wonderful. She was transparent, candid, honest, passionate about the company, the culture, the people, explained the product, how RN does business, gave a historical view, timeline for change management and spoke very truthfully about the reviews on glassdoor. I believed her, you cannot fake such a passion for your job and for your company and when I came onsite I saw for myself that she spoke the truth. She also prepared me for each interview, giving me areas of focus for targeted conversation to maximize the short meetings. I am grateful for the personal touch and enthusiasm her partnership added to my process. The Recruiting Director is a true asset to Rewards Network and I hope to get an offer and work with her soon.

Interview Questions

• Specifically explain what your networking plan would be to target new strategic partnerships in your first 30/60/90 days.   1 Answer