Rewards Network Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

Easy and painless, they were flexible with my availability and took the time to get to know me and my skill set before deciding if i fit the position.

Interview Questions

• Give example of how you handled a complaint?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, NJ

Application

I interviewed at Rewards Network (Verona, NJ) in January 2020.

Interview

One of the most ridiculous inexperienced interviews I’ve ever been apart of. Literally made me feel like I was wasting my time within the first 5 minutes, and after interviewing I wouldn’t have accepted the position even if it were offered. Sad to say that although this company may be a top place to work in Chicago, they’ve got a long way to go to achieve the same status in NY. Unfortunately I’m unable to complete the remainder of this review because there were literally no questions asked. So to summarize, this poorly executed interview cost me $35 to realize this opportunity wasn’t for me. Advice: utilize the STAR ( Situation-Task- Action -Result) method when interviewing with intelligent people you’ll never go wrong. Especially in a sales environment.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmwood Park, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Elmwood Park, IL).

Interview

Extremely negative interview process. I got as far as a phone interview and that was chaotic and unorganized. I had a 30 min phone interview scheduled with a recruiter from Rewards Network (I believe she was new but still the whole experience was so so so so bad.) when it came time for my scheduled call at 12 PM, I never received one. I waited until 12:55 (we only blocked out 30 mins but I gave her the benefit of the doubt And waited a whole hour ) before I went back in my office (currently employed) Instead I received an email at 1:11 saying “I just tried you I think I was having some trouble getting through to you.” Why did you just try me at 1:11 when the call was scheduled for 12? She forgot and blamed my cell connection. I know it was not my phone because I had 3 phone interviews with other companies prior who had no problem getting in contact with me. Whatever, we reschedule the call. I was polite and know mistakes happen. I tell her I am still working and need time to get out of the building so can we do 12:10 so I can be in a quiet place to talk for attempt 2 at a phone call.She says that’s totally ok seemed very understanding and accommodating..... great!

She calls me at 12 pm on the dot.......
    Everyone is different in how they interview which is fine but she was extremely dismissive, dry and unpleasant. Never once asked how I even was doing- it’s a phone interview yes ,but no common courtesy? Rushed through all questions and it seemed like she wasn’t even listening to a word I said . It was just bad. I did not go through with the in person interview after it was offered solely because how negative my experience was with just the phone interview.

Interview Questions

Rewards Network Response

Jan 3, 2020 – Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you very much for the feedback as I am very sorry the phone screen did not go well. We did have a new recruiter helping us through a busy hiring period of time. I would be very happy to help improve your interviewing experience and have another conversation. Please reach out to me at dbenjamin@rewardsnetwork.com to schedule time to have a further discussion.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Wow lack of professionalism at this place. Wouldn't accept employment here even if offered the role. The attitude from one of the managers. Gross, she raised her voice at me cause she didn't like my answer. I don't even work under you? You raise your voice? Get some professionalism here. She also told me she cant stand her the technology software at her own company. Great sales pitch!!!

Interview Questions

• name a time a coworker didn't like you.   1 Answer

Client Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

Simple straight forward phone interview, will review what the job entails (more of a sales/account management role) on a new team, etc. The job description is very different than what the position actually is

Interview Questions

• Have you analyzed customer KPIs and provided analytical data on a monthly basis to over 200 customers?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen followed up by an in-person interview. The interview took place with an HR team member as well as the Director of Inside Sales. I received an offer within two weeks of interviewing.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Rewards Network (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied for the Account Executive position at the RN New York City office on August 1, 2019.
    I went through a 1 hour telephone screening session with someone from HR a few days before, and that went fine. This woman set me up for a confirmed appointment for a face to face interview with the hiring Manager scheduled for August 1st. When I arrived, i get a call on my cell from the Manager who
    tells me (quote) . .”I’m at home doing plumbing repairs I completely forgot about the appointment” -unbelievable, it’s called chutzpah to put it mildly.!
    He then tried to salvage the situation by having his on site Assistant set us up for a face time video conference call. Long story short, the wifi and video kept cutting out, and while I was trying to tell about myself, so called Manager, put me on hold three times to take a call from his plumber. I had about 10 minutes of uninterrupted conversation with this Manager, and that was it. He didn’t even have my Resume in front of him, while speaking to me from his basement on company time. The entire episode was a mockery, and demeaning to me.
    I reported this fiasco to RN Management at every level. I did request that he be fired. This company lost a $64M lawsuit in 2007, and a Manager like this can expose them to similar liability.
    So can you imagine working for someone like this? I would hope that this guys actions are not emblematic of the overall hiring practices at this company.
    I consider myself lucky that I didn’t get involved working for a guy or company like this. From most of what I have read, this is “hardcore sales” all the way. I’ve been told it takes about 70+ visits to make a sale, I’m way better than that, and I’m sure you are too.
    Just read some of the reviews and get the real picture before applying, and decide for yourself. - some say that if you don’t make your numbers, you’re gone real fast, and turnover is fast and furious there. I’ve seen
    some of the RN Reps out in the field in sweaty T Shirts and wearing back packs, they look like tired weary hikers in desperate need of water!
    Is this how you dress for success representing a large organization? That’s it I hope this proves to be helpful to all. Don’t allow yourself to be treated this way.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rewards Network in July 2019.

Interview

The recruiter talked the whole time and was not prepared in regards to knowing much about my skills and background. When I was able to speak for the last 5 min, I told her how much the role was like my current and previous roles and gave her examples directly related and she acted like in was news to her. She didnt have the ability to understand how to align my previous experience and skills with the position she is screening for. It was like it was her first time on the phone with a candidate. A good recruiter will not just find qualifications but the type of person the candidate is and what they are looking for in the role and company and make sure they align and fit with the company culture and she definitely failed. The sad part is that she is hurting the company if finding very good candidates. I was the perfect person for this position. As a plus for the role, I even told her that I already knew some of the restaurants and staff that were part of client list for the role and company. There will be mis-hires for sure.

Interview Questions

Rewards Network Response

Jul 24, 2019 – Director Talent Acquisition

I am sorry you had a poor interview experience. Our recruiting team follows a similar phone interview cadence for all of our open positions giving each candidate exciting information on the direction of the company, more details on the positions, and the culture of the team and the company. We have created questions for each role designed to capture information on candidates previous experience and how the candidate handles specific situations. If you would like to reach out to me directly please feel free to contact me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/danrbenjamin/. Thank you for your feedback.

Learning Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network.

Interview

I received an invitation for an interview shortly after applying for the post. The whole process was quite simple and easy.
    The interview was shorter than expected and the questions didn't seem to be related to the position. There was a two second introduction and we jumped straight to the first question. The questions were confusing and I had to clarify what she/he was asking. First two Q's were "standard interview Q's" and in one occasion the interviewer didn't allow me to elaborate on the answer. The interviewer seemed to be shooting questions right after the other, instead of listening to my answers. Far from a pleasant and professional experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here - Something similar to this
      What do you expect from your manager (wasn't able to fully answer)
      What Podcast would you recommend to a colleague friend and what is it about (I liked this questions)
      Why are you leaving your previous position   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rewards Network (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

I was very impressed with Rewards Network's talent evaluation process.

The recruiting team was responsive and helpful throughout.

The technical staff was knowledgeable, reasonable and the interview questions were practical and values based, it was extremely refreshing.

The code challenge was no exception, it was reasonable and fun.

I was very disappointed that we could not reach an agreement on compensation.

The offer was excellent in terms of PTO, 401k matching, but came up short in actual base and bonus. I felt I had been clear from the beginning on my expectations but maybe I could have been more explicit.

During negotiations they did come up a bit, 3%, but this was around 10% less than my target number. Being that I really had enjoyed the people and felt that the work would be interesting and enriching, I countered well below my target, asking for 3% more than their second offer, they declined.

I can't really say enough good things about Rewards Network, I wish it could have worked out.