RouteMatch Software Reviews | Glassdoor

RouteMatch Software Reviews

Updated Dec 7, 2019

2.3
RouteMatch Software Chairman and CEO Bahman Irvani  (no image)
Bahman Irvani
Pros
  • "Growing company with great people and strong position in market(in 7 reviews)

• "There are a lot of good people working there that are willing to teach you or be taught by you(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management changes direction constantly, software is broken and is sold to clients who should not be buying it(in 4 reviews)

• "Old technology which makes it difficult to manage system and incorporate new technologies(in 3 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Software Developer (MOD Team) in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RouteMatch Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Developer friendly * Open to new ideas, if they aren't to radical to implement, or if you're willing to make them happen yourself. * Management actively tries to improve processes by giving everyone on the team ample opportunities to discuss pain points and ways to improve them. * Great office - its in a skyscraper and was remodeled to have that apple store style. * Awesome people - welcoming, lots of fun... social events * You are rewarded for doing good work * Opportunities to travel * Ability to Work from Home occasionally

Cons

* Tight deadlines and occasional workload overloads * A good bit of legacy code to sort through, but apps are currently being rebuilt with newest technologies. * Non-developers seem to have a rougher time in some teams (just look at other reviews) * Can be overwhelming if you are not the best developer, you hit the ground running with lots of responsibilities, but you'll become a better developer for it!

Advice to Management

Keep at it! Could focus more on improving the stability of the product rather than adding to it. We are getting both of those things done, just not as efficiently as we could be.

RouteMatch Software2019-01-31

"Pure Incompetence"

I have been working at RouteMatch Software

Pros

Cool office and location in Midtown.

Cons

This has to be one of the worst software companies to work for EVER! The group they call leadership is absolutely clueless! People are quitting or getting fired every week. Please do yourself a favor and don’t waste your time. They want us to work during the holidays, because they overcommitted to one of our customers and we have to suffer for there lack of leadership and planning. If you like no leadership, no... raises, overworked, being disrespected, and lied to, this is the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Retire.

RouteMatch Software2019-12-08

"Great people, questionable management"

Former Employee - SME

I worked at RouteMatch Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of good people working there that are willing to teach you or be taught by you. Great location to work Can open the door for opportunities elsewhere in tech.

Cons

Legacy software that needs updating Lack of upward mobility Upper Management needs more diversification

Advice to Management

Stop promoting those who are lacking adequate people skills and aren't ready to lead. Most people can be taught leadership skills and some can't but you have to identify

RouteMatch Software2019-10-17

"If i could do it all over again, I wouldn't."

Current Employee - Windows Systems Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RouteMatch Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

The employees are good people generally. and there are snacks and free soda. flexibility

Cons

I really don't want to say anything bad about these people. I just want to forget them. If you care about your career look for other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Good luck

RouteMatch Software2019-10-21

"Great people, bad management"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RouteMatch Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Management is chaotic and doesn't listen to employees

Advice to Management

Everything has already been said by others...

RouteMatch Software2019-08-12

"Great People, Horrible Management"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at RouteMatch Software full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. The people that you will work with day by day are pretty great. There are always a few bad apples that do not do their work, but everyone that you will be working with is nice to be around. 2. The product itself has come a long way since I started working at Routematch. It went from constant downtime every day to more stability and pushing into the future.

Cons

1. Management. Do not expect any type of feedback to your job, as managers either are not engaged enough to try or are so bogged down with their own work they can't get ahead. As you get to the VP level, they simply do not care about employees. Instead, they focus on padding themselves in their role and pointing fingers at each other concerning problems across the company. Don't expect your manager to have your... back in matters. Routematch does not stand up to customers, as industry shifts is making them desperate to hold onto what they can. If there is a dispute between you and a customer, you will lose to maintain the business. 2. Constant structure changes. Anticipate your role/direction of the company to shift every 6 months. Routematch loves to pivot violently at the determent of their employees. It has gotten so bad that when asking my direct manager who I should escalate a raise request to, they did not know who they reported to. 3. Pay. Be prepared to be underpaid for your work, not only against the city/national average of your role, but also with stellar performance. You will be well below the average for your position in terms of salary. Asking for a raise to bring you to that level will be met with a laugh. 4. No HR department. It doesn't exist in any form at this moment. There was a designated HR coordinator when I started, then a combination of a recruiter and onboarding specialist when the HR coordinator left. At the time of writing, the recruiter is around in a very limited fashion and only reports to Management. If you are looking for a neutral 3rd party to handle matters, you will not find it at Routematch. It has not been present for over a year.

Advice to Management

Make a plan and stick to it. You can't make changes every few months and expect any system you build to work. These things take time and while I understand drastic changes need to be made at certain points, you need to communicate the reason why to your employees. Your current communication structure makes it feel that Management is drunk at the wheel.

RouteMatch Software2019-08-09

"Look elsewhere"

I have been working at RouteMatch Software

Pros

The employees are fabulous. The location is perfect.

Cons

Zero leadership and direction. The chairman is involved in everyday decisions and continually changes his mind.

RouteMatch Software2019-08-01

"Great people, but management is dysfunctional"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RouteMatch Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with!

Cons

- Effort of team members is inconsistent - Company and management makes bad decisions

RouteMatch Software2019-06-17
  9. "Solid technology company"

I have been working at RouteMatch Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seems to have good vision and industry understanding

Cons

Internal processes and operations need revamping

RouteMatch Software2019-03-21

"Good company but pay is terrible. Good for Entry-Level."

Former Employee - Software QA Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at RouteMatch Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked a lot about the company. The location (33rd floor), the view. The teams and people are great. Leadership is also good and flexible. CEO is quiet and really nice. The paid parking, PTO, Sick days and holiday package is pretty good.

Cons

Pay is terrible!! vacation could have been more

Advice to Management

I only worked short amount of time but I enjoyed working with the Director and other management seem very professional and nice

RouteMatch Software2019-02-27