Cover image for SAS

4.1
SAS CEO Jim Goodnight
Jim Goodnight
1,423 Ratings

What people are saying about SAS

Join the conversation on

Tech

580.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=SAS~3807
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about SAS? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with SAS employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "SAS has great benefits for employees with children and the company is flexible and understanding of parent's schedules and responsibilities.(in 344 reviews)
  • "Work/ Life balance is good(in 299 reviews)
  • "Most of the rank and file are really great people.(in 230 reviews)
  • "It was a great product and culture for a long time(in 106 reviews)
  • "The campus is beautiful and there are many perks here you won't find elsewhere!(in 87 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low salaries compared to competitors.(in 101 reviews)
  • "Needs better local management(in 83 reviews)
  • "Low pay (and if you don't have the opportunity to use the benefits(in 67 reviews)
  • "Many times managers have people making more than them doing less work.(in 51 reviews)
  • "Leadership has no clue what is going on in any industry from the CEO to the managers.(in 27 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of SAS and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

There’s no place I’d rather be!

Mar 23, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a mother I feel without any hesitation that I can prioritize my family first. Throughout my tenure, (and the pandemic), I’ve been able to pivot when needed, and put the health and well-being of myself and family at the top of the list. As a woman, I feel my voice is heard and I’ve been given tremendous opportunity to succeed, advance and also foster additional interests outside of work. There is a general sense of care of the employees from the top down that resonates with me and I think this approach positively impacts performance.

Cons

I can’t think of any. I know many of us miss the luxuries of campus, however work from home has its benefits as well. Leadership has been supportive and accommodating to allow employees to choose what works best for them.

3 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

Jan 13, 2023 - Technical Writer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, flexibility, and leadership are unmatched.

Cons

There are no downsides to working here.

3. Join the SAS team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

sas

Jan 26, 2023 - Senior Technical Support Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Valuing work life balance good

Cons

low stress=lower pay per year

5. 5.0

Good Benefots

Jan 9, 2023 - Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Greet benefits, good options to move around within

Cons

Lower pay compared to competitors, no stock options, but may change with future IPO

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Great company

Jan 7, 2023 - Group Travel Consultant in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent benefits, HQ, Cary NC, On site Healthcare, gym, indoor pool, fitness classes, cafeteria's, Work/Life dept, Ergonomics dept. hair salon, skin & nail care, massage therapists and Physical therapists

Cons

None that should matter now

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, great company

Jan 3, 2023 - Associate Technical Consultant in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

professional development, positive environment, comfortable pace

Cons

projects can be boring at times

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Milage

Jan 15, 2023 - Teamlead
    Business Outlook

Pros

I had a major tragic life change and sas was there for me and gave me the time I needed off. Since coming back they have worked with me and are very supportive and understandable.

Cons

They don't give you enough money for milage, 26 a mile. 20.00 a day per deim 26 cent a milage doesn't get you much back for gas. 20.00 a day for food isn't enough with the prices of food these.

Continue reading
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Great company

Jan 11, 2023 - Director in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

SAS has one of the best cultures and work-life balance. You hear about Google and Facebook's employee benefits, but SAS is the best!

Cons

Turbulent future with the updating of the core product and every company entering into the market where SAS was and is a leader.

Continue reading
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

Not utopia but still a great company

Dec 23, 2022 - Senior Test Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company does really believe in work/life balance and tries to help employees achieve that. Individual managers do make a difference though - some are better than others - but the culture as a whole is supportive of that.

Cons

There is not enough management training - some managers just really should not be managers.

1 person found this review helpful
  11. 4.0

Bleh

Jan 4, 2023 - Sales Representative in Cary, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Freedom and Work Life Balance

Cons

Limited promo capabilities with current leadership

Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,280 Reviews
</>Embed

SAS Reviews FAQs

SAS has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,877 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at SAS to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, SAS employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at SAS. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

80% of SAS employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated SAS 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at SAS to be culture, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, management, career development.

Popular Careers with SAS Job Seekers