SEAKR Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 7, 2019

4.2
Ray Anderson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "SEAKR is a family owned company that values their employees" (in 8 reviews)

• "Great Benefits, great salary, great advancement opportunities" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are some growing pains and a shift in bureaucratic expectations, but management appears fully aware and striving to address" (in 10 reviews)

• "Even with some growing pains, the work environment remains very positive compared to other similar local employers" (in 4 reviews)

1. "Human Resources Administrator"

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The fact that we are family owned is evident in how our owners choose to treat employees. Let it be calling an employee by name in the hallway or the quarterly new hire and birthday lunches for all employees that the owners attend, it is obvious how much the Andersons care about the people that work for them. Regarding benefits specifically, there is a significant emphasis in setting employees up with excellent medical benefits and a retirement plan with a significant employer contribution unmatched in the industry.
    I personally love the environment here at SEAKR because, while you work with extremely intelligent individuals who are incredibly hard workers, you also have the opportunity to have a lot of fun with the people you work with. I have also really appreciated the opportunity to contribute to many challenging and rewarding projects that I do not believe I would be have been given the chance to participate in at a larger company. Lastly, I believe that you can love your job, but if you don't like the people you work with, you will be miserable. I have not only met many great people here, but truly appreciate the supportive environment that comes with this great family.

Cons

We are currently working on better succession planning, which will allow current employees to evaluate how they can move up within SEAKR.

"Transparent and Ethical"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist in Englewood, CO

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decisions are made with integrity
    - People can truly be themselves here
    - The employee population is highly intelligent and passionate
    - There is a refreshing lack of red tape
    - It's a flexible work environment unless you're in a position that requires you to be in the office/lab at a particular time. The management culture in general is flexible with their employees whenever possible
    - The owners communicate regularly about the status of the company and the projects we have worked on/are working on/are about to start working on. They are extremely transparent whenever possible, as well as personable

Cons

I don't have any particular negatives to share, though I am aware there are some for employees. It's not a perfect work environment for everyone - but there aren't any blatant issues that affect large groups of people. In general, due to the nature of the work on programs, some employees have to work more than 40 hour weeks during crunch time. I would consider this normal for the industry and a part of working exempt positions.

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to ensure we are doing everything we can to retain and attract the right talent in the employee market - including ensuring we have an attractive compensation package for incoming and current employees and creating a content-driven social media presence.

"SEAKR is a great place to work!"

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time

Pros

SEAKR has great benefits including the week off between Christmas and New Years. It is a family owned company in an exciting industry. Volleyball courts, basketball court, and gym onsite.

Cons

None I can think of right now.

"SEAKR Engineering is a great place to work"

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time

Pros

Family owned company. Great healthcare benefits. Paid week off between Christmas & New Year's in addition to allocated vacation pay. SEP contributions. On site gym, volleyball courts and basketball court.

Cons

I can't think of any specific cons

5. "Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I felt very welcomed when I started working here."

Current Employee - Receiving Inspector
    Current Employee - Receiving Inspector

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a great manager and a great team to work with. My coworkers are all very friendly and are willing to help when I don't understand something. My team is willing to work with me when I need a little flexibility with my schedule. This company has been great and has helped me to balance my work and personal life equally. My manager had me training with my whole team on my first week so I can see how there are many ways to perform one task and to learn which method works better for me.

Cons

While training, I learned that some things are taught through tribal knowledge and is not documented in a work instruction or guideline. This would be helpful for training purposes.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Centennial, CO

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competitive salary and benefits without the large defense contractor nonsense. The owners truly appreciate the employees.

Cons

Unlike many other businesses in the industry, SEAKR does not have a flex schedule.

"Better than most"

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family owned with family values. Innovative technology. Doesn't rest on their laurels.

Cons

Growth has allowed a bit of bureaucracy creep

Advice to Management

Cherish your plankholders.

"Company is deteriorating"

Former Employee - Project Controls Analyst in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Project Controls Analyst in Centennial, CO

I worked at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health insurance, dental, and life are reasonable

Cons

Management is quickly going downhill. They promote from within but do not require any management training courses. They also allow movement within departments at a management level so half the managers don’t even know what their team does or how they do it. Another important note is they will be selling out soon so your job may not be guaranteed depending on who buys them out.

Advice to Management

Train yourselves, not just new hires.

"Great technical work, management needs some work."

Current Employee - Engineer II - FPGA Design in Centennial, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer II - FPGA Design in Centennial, CO

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The technical engineering work is amazing, and the products are incredible.

Cons

Programs are continually under staffed and held to unrealistic schedules. Compensation for the extra effort needed to push programs to success is minimal at best.

Advice to Management

Stop taking your engineers for granted, and start learning from past mistakes.

"Space Innovation on a Silent level"

Current Employee - Engineer in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Engineer in Englewood, CO

I have been working at SEAKR Engineering full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leadership and management is always looking out for your best interest! It feels great knowing that the owners will give us their time and resources to help you succeed and grow. There are great benefits, catered lunches, flexible work schedule. All co-workers seem to want to genuinely want to help and do their part. It is really a family feel here and everyone is apart of the family!. I love coming to work everyday! and the retirement plant is one of the best I have ever had. Unlike a 401K where you have to put your own money so the company can match you 5%, SEAKR does not. They just give you the money into a retirement fund and it is at least minimum 12% every quarter. So your money is your money.

Cons

Like any small to mid size company that wants to grow and expand into other future businesses, you have growing pains. However this is nothing like big corporations where its cutthroat... I honestly cannot find a con.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! Thank you to the Andersons!