Sapiens Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
Sapiens CEO Roni Al-Dor
Roni Al-Dor
Pros
Cons
  • "Work-life balance varies based on the project(in 10 reviews)

• "Low salaries, new projects but not enough people to do them, management style is problematic(in 8 reviews)

1. "Best move I've made..."

Current Employee - Product Manager in Bethlehem, PA

I have been working at Sapiens full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you are looking for a company that cares what you thinks and is interested in your knowledge - Sapiens is for you. If you are looking for a company that wants to make a difference in the industry - then Sapiens is for you. If you are looking for a challenging opportunity where you work hard and what you do is acknowledged - then Sapiens is for you.

Cons

There is a lot to be done. And we are wearing many, many hats. If you are looking to do one particular role, this job may not be for you.

Advice to Management

Change is great, and you've handled it well. Keep the communication open and involvement with your employees.

Sapiens2019-10-07

"Poor Company that says one thing when they bring you on and then expects something different"

Former Employee - Busineess Analyst in Denver, CO

I worked at Sapiens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from Home option, but not if you are near an office

Cons

Extremely poor management, lack of clear tasks and goals, lots of "prospects" in the US, that never seem to pan out, likely cause the software does not meet the needs of customers and you are always trying to put out fires. Health benefits are extremely poor.

Sapiens2019-10-03

"Worked hard and under appreciated."

Former Employee - Busineess Analyst

I worked at Sapiens full-time

Pros

Competitive Salary. Dedicated co-workers. Great learning opportunity.

Cons

Late evenings, weekends and holiday work expected

Advice to Management

Stop over promising and under delivering to clients

Sapiens2019-08-12

"Horrible attitude towards employees"

Former Employee - Software Development Team Lead in Garner, NC

I worked at Sapiens full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Nice co-workers, whoever is still there

Cons

Management sucks. Unrealistic deadlines. Poor salary and benefits. Crappy work life balance.

Advice to Management

Just give up! you can't!

Sapiens2019-08-31
  5. "Sapiens the bright side if insurance software"

Former Employee - Senior QA Engineer in Israel Haul, DE

I worked at Sapiens full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Fair management as could be expected from a public entity -Good conditions / welfare department -Good energetic work atmosphere

Cons

Sometimes there were too frequent snack get togethers

Sapiens2019-06-16

"Disappointed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Charleston, SC

I worked at Sapiens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paper plates and utensils provided

Cons

Management in other states, work life balance, HR in other states , hours expected to work vs hours instructed to work, no upward mobility, frequently revolving staff, lack of procedures or processes, no training

Advice to Management

Have procedures and processes in place, train employees, focus on employee retention

Sapiens2019-05-26

"Just waiting"

I have been working at Sapiens full-time

Pros

I lot of great previous Stoneriver employees trying to keep it all together

Cons

It doesn't appear that Sapiens values employees or their experience. Employee retention does not appear to be a priority.

Advice to Management

Put things back the way they were - We were successful that is why you bought us. Now you are changing everything. Employees work harder when they feel they are appreciated. Give benefits back, give better raises, communicate in a more timely manner.

Sapiens2018-11-17

"Good Core of People, Management Lacks Vision"

Software Development Team Lead in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Sapiens for more than 5 years

Pros

International Company Some good people Management trying to shed previous owner’s mismanagement

Cons

Sub-standard pay Antiquated technology Management Turnover lacks clear vision and direction

Sapiens2018-10-30

"Developer Position"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bradenton, FL

I worked at Sapiens full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great place to work with option work from home . Friendly environment. Decent Increment in Salary.

Cons

Low pay compare to average

Sapiens2018-09-07

"Transition from StoneRiver to Sapiens"

I have been working at Sapiens full-time

Pros

Note: I am writing this review from the perspective of an employee of StoneRiver, a company that was acquired last year by Sapiens. The acquisition last year gave Sapiens a foothold in the North American market. It gave them a great suite of products, dedicated employees with decades of experience, and a satisfied client base. I have enjoyed being part of this "community," and I have also enjoyed the good... relationships with our client companies. I have been impressed by the number of women in upper management of Sapiens, as compared to the "middle-aged white male" leadership at StoneRiver.

Cons

Since being acquired by Sapiens, Sapiens has been doing everything possible to alienate its employees. * Sweeping benefit changes resulted in many being required to change health providers * "Scheduled" salary increases are delayed by months, are not paid retroactively, and are less than the inflation rate. In effect, we're being paid less each year. * Paid time off was slashed, and sick time was completely... eliminated. The hardest-hit by these changes are those loyal employees who have been with the company the longest. * Despite being an international company with employees who do extensive traveling, company credit cards have been eliminated for travel expenses. Travel expenses, including rental cars, must go on the employee's personal credit card. Employees are allowed a flat, minimal "per diem" stipend for food expenses. This allowance is often insufficient to actually pay for meals in the cities employees are visiting. Sapiens travel policy states the company will not reimburse an employee's expenses for company travel (including flights, hotels, and rental cars) under certain circumstances. (i.e. the employee books the flight/hotel/rental car at a lower rate through another travel agency). This presents a real possibility that travelers will be forced to pay hundreds or thousands of dollars out of their own pockets for company travel. In addition, other Sapiens changes severely interfere with our ability to do our jobs and serve our clients: * The vast majority of employees do not have conference numbers for conference calls. In its place, we are forced to use the company's selected web conferencing software. The software is so inefficient, screen sharing is often garbled. Sound quality is poor. I have noticed that management does not use this software when scheduling company meetings, presumably because they know it stinks. In addition, some of my clients are not equipped with speakers and microphones for use with the web conferencing. I am completely unable to schedule meetings with those clients. * Hardware (i.e. laptops) is antiquated, and replacements are still sub-par and very slow. IT is forced to jump through extensive hoops in order to complete routine upgrades and repairs.

Advice to Management

American business is different than it is in other countries. You must respect and take care of your employees, or they will leave. You must respect and take care of your clients, or they will leave. Please be advised... Those nearing retirement will be retiring en masse. Many other StoneRiver employees are “putting out feelers” and submitting resumes to other companies. If Sapiens refuses to change their... policies, there is going to be a mass exodus of employees. I presume the intentions of the Sapiens changes are to improve profitability. Sapiens would do well to remember that for specialized positions like these, it can cost more than double the employee's annual salary to hire and train a replacement. In addition, Sapiens would also suffer the loss of thousands of billable hours from the loss of these employees.

Sapiens2018-08-12