SayABC Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Guan Wang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Best company to work for if you want to Teach English on-line!"

Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at SayABC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is one of the few companies that treat you like a person, not a number.
    They book you.
    The listen to how you feel and what you need.
    Their curriculum is modern, multi-cultural and developed by National Geographic
    They one part in one of the largest (if not largest) on-line English language companies in China (so you know they will be around for a long time).
    Their platform is visually, and content rich.
    Their platform is interactive.
    The classes (homerooms) meet 2x a week for 40 minutes with the same children, allowing you to do what it is you are good at .. TEACH!
         I know I can work with a student over time to improve their speech without overwhelming them at one time. Anyone who has taught knows that there is too little correction, too much correction and just the right amount of correction (depending on the student). Having the same students 2x a week for 40 minutes means it's often enough the student won't forget the material and long enough that muscle memory for word formations can happen.
    ... the biggest pro is that I get to spend time teaching amazing children on an amazing platform while working for a company that cares about me.

Cons

I honestly don't have any cons... maybe sometimes the internet to China can be a bit slow .. but SayABC will be more than happy to help you tune your side if needed and understands if you don't.

Advice to Management

Please keep doing exactly what you are doing. You are responsive, understanding, and respectful of all your employees. It is an honor to work for SayABC. I could not be happier or more proud to be part of the SayABC family!

2. "ESL Teacher"

I have been working at SayABC part-time

Pros

Hours end early so you're free the rest of the day.

Cons

You never get the amount of hours you want.

"Teachers don't get enough hours"

I have been working at SayABC part-time

Pros

Easy job
    Flexible
    Classes are easy to teach

Cons

Trial classes are only given to new teacher

4. "Love it"

Pros

Best company for online english! The incentives and bonus are amazing.

Cons

No cons as of now.

5. "Online teacher"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Online English Teacher in Provo, UT

I have been working at SayABC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Early morning hour, meaning I have the rest of the day to spend with my little guy.
    LOVE the staff they are amazing to work with
    I definitely feel valued as a teacher
    Great earnings!

Cons

Super early start time

"Inconsistently booked"

I have been working at SayABC part-time

Pros

I love the platform. I love the students. The staff seem nice. Pay is nice if you get booked.

Cons

When I started in March 2018 I was booked half of all the times SayABC had for me to open. Then July came, no more trials for me. Others complained as well. New teachers posting their fully booked schedules on Facebook. I constantly ask for more classes and am told to be patient. Maybe I need to quit and sign up again? Over hiring, people seem to make more recruiting teachers than actual teaching.

Advice to Management

Why are brand new teachers given more classes than your experienced teachers who have been with you a long time? Why do you continue to hire more teachwrs? The system assigning classes is not working. I have a Masters in Education, 15 years experience and 2 years online experience. I’ve never had any bad feedback. HOW do I get classes?

"An Awesome Part-Time Job!"

I have been working at SayABC part-time

Pros

I have been working for SayABC since the end of June. I love it! The platform is interactive and colorful, and I love the fact that the material is written with National Geographic....so you know its great quality. I've been almost fully booked since I started. Thank you SayABC!

Cons

I guess the only con is that I have to start teaching VERY early in the morning - 5:00am CST.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Bookings are low"

Current Employee - Teacher in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Teacher in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at SayABC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Their pay is good.
    Staff is usually friendly.

Cons

Scheduled classes are not consistent. I have worked for SayABC for a year. During this time I had consistent bookings. I then needed to go on a week long vacation. As a result, I had to lose all of my homerooms and start over. It has now been two weeks without any bookings. This company is not flexible with vacation or anytime off. Bookings are low at the moment because they have over hired. If you work for SayABC, make sure you have a backup plan incase your bookings get low.

"They lure you in with bookings, then nada"

Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - ESL Teacher in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at SayABC full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

An alternative to Vipkid. Better pay.

Cons

They just stop booking you after a month, even after you've converted trials. Then they send you a cut and pasted email telling you to open up your availability, even when your availability is wide open. They tell you that classes are few and far between, but little do they know that you belong to a group of working SayABC teachers. This is where you witness other teachers getting the bookings SayABC says they don't have. It's frustrating.

Advice to Management

If there's a problem with someone's teaching style, let them know. Don't string them along with half-truths. If a teacher has never received negative feedback, is available to teach and has converted trials...book them.

"An enjoyable work experience in every aspect"

Current Employee - Online English Teacher in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Online English Teacher in New York, NY

I have been working at SayABC part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After much consideration and research on which online teaching company to go with, I absolutely could not be happier that I chose SayABC (and that they chose me!). Their platform is unparalleled: it is user-friendly, engaging, and makes every class fun for the children. The teaching material is easy to understand while simultaneously making each class a fun event every single time. Their support and IT teams are absolutely fantastic. Any problem I've ever had, from big to small, is answered and solved almost immediately. They are also incredibly understanding in terms of situations beyond your control and are always ready to help. If you want to work for a company with a team that cares as much about its employees as it does its students, SayABC is the place for you. They value and respect their teacher's time and effort and working for them is one day of fun adventure after another!

Cons

The time difference can definitely have its disadvantages (if you’re living in the US EST that means teaching hours start at 6 AM). But you get used to it and once you see the kids faces its like three cups of coffee! They are still a new company and there have been kinks to be sorted out but thats to be expected and their response to them all has been swift, responsible and fair.

Advice to Management

It would be great to have more trial classes with students at similar levels and ages. It can be very tricky when you have one student who is quite advanced and another who is a true beginner with no English whatsoever. I also think some sort of short tutorial for students and parents before trial classes could be useful in terms of students knowing how to use the mouse and emphasizing wearing headphones. But overall I continue to be very pleased with the company staff.