ScriptPro Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
ScriptPro President Michael E Coughlin
Michael E Coughlin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Good work life balance good management (in 4 reviews)

• ScriptPro has mostly reasonable benefits, the Gym and free classes are nice (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • After 3 months with them I had about enough, one Friday evening a week before Christmas, I got a call at home and was let go (in 4 reviews)

• Trainers work ridiculous hours, dept heads only give negative feedback, no room to advance, very high pressure job (in 4 reviews)

1. "Great company"

Pros

Great family owned company that takes pride on being the best in the industry.

Cons

Nothing I could find so far from working there!

2. "I love working here"

I have been working at ScriptPro full-time

Pros

I have worked here for almost 10 years. I love my co workers and my boss.

Cons

Just like at any company, you will find people that you would rather not have to deal with on a daily basis.

3. "field service tech"

Current Employee - Field Service Technician
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician

I have been working at ScriptPro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

a lot of overtime, credit card provided travel,bcbsins,

Cons

low pay no raises

"Full Time? Installation"

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Mission, KS

I worked at ScriptPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The group of installers is a great group of guys, The guys that work at the shop made sure EVERY truck and trailer was loaded, stocked with parts, and safe to operate.

Cons

When we were busy they would praise us and tell us how great we were. When we were slow we were lucky to get 80 hours a pay period. Never had any PTO because it was burned up trying to get full paychecks. Raises were promised and never happened. Constantly doing work for the Vice Presidents husbands car wash (unloading semis, delivering products to them, picking up trash that was too big for their dumpster)

Advice to Management

Management? Never seen her.
    Pay your employees what they deserve. They do a heck of a lot more than just install robots.

"Catch 22"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Installation Technician in Mission, KS

I have been working at ScriptPro full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are many things to be liked about scriptpro as a whole. Getting to travel the world on someone else's dime, meeting great people, and making decent money all at the same time. I've been here for a long time, and would do it all over again given the chance.

Cons

Money. I know it's kind of cliche to list this a con, but other jobs which require you to travel extensively pay almost double what they're currently offering (I know this because I've been shopping around).

They have let some personnel go that they never should have. From the sales department, to software engineers, and all the way down to their field techs and installers. Management is quick to complain about them leaving, yet you never hear of anyone being asked what it will take for them to stay.

There are people in positions all over this company that either aren't competent enough or don't have the temperament for their position.

Advice to Management

-Stop letting your long-time employees leave, or at least try to give them a reason to stay. Everyone in business knows it's cheaper to keep an employee than it is to hire and train a new one.

-Branch out and look into other similar fields and look at the pay scale. There are people that have left your company making 50-65k only to be offered 115-130k doing similar work.

-Reorganize field service entirely. Starting with your "service fee" for customers. Charge them for the parts as they need them. Charge them for annual maintenance on their machines. This will in turn free up a ton of capital (that's being wasted flying everyone around on a whim and overnighting parts for no reason). Find one or two competent people to handle your scheduling. Booking same day flights to go on a basic maintenance runs, is costing you an enormous amount of money.

-Ask your employees (not just managers and supervisors) what can be done to help better your company. There are a lot of hard working people leaving because you project this image of carelessness.

-Start funneling some money downstream, or you're going to end up with employees who don't have much experience.

6. "Great Company"

I worked at ScriptPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of work, growing industry, lots to learn.

Cons

Always working, lots of travel,

7. "Robotiv Analyst I"

Former Employee - Robotic Analyst I in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Robotic Analyst I in Mission, KS

I worked at ScriptPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High standards for service. Great team to work with. Good benefits.

Cons

Was let go unfairly. I had very good numbers (sup did not like me?)

Advice to Management

Since the sup is gone now I have no advice.

"Not the same as it used to be"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Shawnee Mission, KS
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Shawnee Mission, KS

I have been working at ScriptPro full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The coworkers are the only pro.

Cons

Management is in the dark or just doesn't care.

Advice to Management

The talent is leaving or has one foot out the door. You might think everyone is replaceable, but they're really not.

"Family owned"

Former Employee - Supply Chain in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Supply Chain in Mission, KS

I worked at ScriptPro full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This could be a pro or con but ScriptPro is a family owned business. The products it produces is unique.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities for advancement. Most leadership positions are held by relatives. Not a lot of effort in R & D. Different rules for different folks.

Advice to Management

Promote quality and invest in R & D

"Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, KS

I worked at ScriptPro full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not too many, the benefits are good. PTO is competitive. That's it.

Cons

Your life will be hell if you are on the wrong side of the politics involved at every level of this company... Unless you work in a department where you have 0 ambition and no career aspirations, then you would probably be ok. Toxic place to be. Be a good drone and do what you are told to do, never ever ask why things are done a certain way because that will change next week and your somebody else will probably use what you said to further their own career. Backstabbing. CEO and senior mgmt are extremely up tight and can't even take jokes; they take their role way, way too seriously. Sell the company and enjoy your millions (maybe billions with how much they make off maintenance agreements for every single product)

Advice to Management

Not sure what to say here since the management is comprised of family members and of folks who married into the family, so nothing that anyone says outside the family has relevance. Doesn't matter their position or "title,.. Sell the company and enjoy your millions+