Seer Interactive Reviews

Updated May 7, 2020

3.8
Seer Interactive Founder Wil Reynolds (no image)
Wil Reynolds
Pros
  • "Great location, great people, flexible work environment(in 7 reviews)

• "The grasp that Seer has on the direction of SEO and digital marketing is incredibly dynamic and revolutionary(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "No one will be telling you it is time to get up and go home for the day(in 4 reviews)

• "no work life balance ( there isn’t enough PTO & WFH in the world at Seer’s trendy looking sweatshop)(in 3 reviews)

1. "Seer is a company with leadership that acts on its values."

Current Employee - Marketing Data Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Seer Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

High bar for clients they work with, driven and intelligent staff, flexible PTO & WFH, truly empathetic leadership, opportunities for growth, culture of gratitude

Cons

Often long hours, heavy workload, middle management structure is inefficient, business silos hard to break down

Seer Interactive2020-05-07

"Great place for young professionals (stay away if you’re an experienced professional)"

2.0
    Current Employee - SEO Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Seer Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

- you’ll learn/master SEO - awesome teammates - great health insurance coverage (for a young professional) - unlimited PTO & WFH - SEO team is elite

Cons

- underpaid for workload - no REAL 401K - no work life balance ( there isn’t enough PTO & WFH in the world at Seer’s trendy looking sweatshop) - gossip central - untrustworthy management ( I have ease dropped on conversations and heard TL’s say things like “we had to find a way to get (insert employee name) out the door”) - paid team constantly makes mistakes - analytic team is subpar at best - emotionally draining environment

Seer Interactive2020-01-13

"Going downhill"

2.0
    Former Employee - Paid Search Manager in Phila, PA

I worked at Seer Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Unlimited PTO - Dogs in the office - Great work from home flexibility

Cons

- The gossip at this agency is insane. You feel like you're in high school. The HR department literally uses "ya" in official emails and are way too laid back - no one even feels comfortable telling them anything because you know you'll be judged/it'll come back to bite you. - The paid media department is a mess right now. The SEO department is running it and they are too focused on integrating SEO/PPC rather than expanding their PPC offering and going after bigger clients that are going to need full service paid media (not just paid search and some social).

Seer Interactive2019-08-14

"Challenging and rewarding"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Seer Interactive full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

At the end of every day I wish there was a pause button to work another 2-3 hours because there's so many great initiatives in the works. Yes, there's a ton of responsibility, but there's no micromanagement, great if you want to learn with really smart people, get educated in digital, or carve out your own path.

Cons

If you can't manage time well, you will have a hard time. Say "no, but" if you're booked. Take vacations and rely on your team to help carry the load while you're unplugged. If you work 10-5 and catch up an hour in the evening, don't feel pressure to come earlier or stay later. If you need to be told your schedule and what to prioritize, you might find it very difficult.

Seer Interactive2019-05-05

"Great place"

Current Employee - Paid Search Specialist

I have been working at Seer Interactive full-time

Pros

Great location, great people, flexible work environment

Cons

long hours and have to adjust to work environment

Seer Interactive2019-05-24
  6. "Work here if you get the opportunity to do so"

Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Seer Interactive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Humble, genuine people. Transparency from leadership on down to interns. Growth opportunities are everywhere. Incredible health benefits. Generous bonus offerings. Challenging work. Zero silos! If you get the chance to work for Seer, do it. You won't regret it.

Cons

Change management can be tough at times, but everyone on the team is ALWAYS willing to help when you need it. That's also just a con that's prevalent within the industry and isn't specific to Seer.

Seer Interactive2019-05-03

"Lots of Potential, Leadership Issues"

Former Employee - SEO Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Seer Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You work with some of the most talented, smart and dedicated people you will ever meet. You will make lifelong friends, learn more than you thought you could and work harder than you thought you could. There are tons of perks including fun events, free soda, dogs in the office and relaxed PTO and WFH policies.

Cons

*While I don’t regret working there, I wish there were some changes that would have made my time there better and would have made me stay there longer and be more loyal. A big issue is how people are treated completely differently based on what seems like who leadership people like at that time. There are favorites that get passes for not doing their jobs or dropping huge balls - while others get reprimanded for tiny infractions or things totally out of their control. * Team leads are held to no standards and performance of those leads varies greatly from team to team - you might get lucky or you might be very unlucky. At no point were there any evaluations, did anyone ask for any feedback (including the team lead) or anyone check in if there were any issues or ways to improve. The only way team leads were measured was account dollars - which is luck in a lot of ways and keeps bad managers looking just fine if the team can hold their own. * While people sit 1-2 feet away from each other in really cramped spaces and seats are regularly changed - no one actually talks to one another outside of meetings or if they do, it’s very superficial. This totally stifles collaboration because people are scared to talk to people they don't know or naturally discuss problems/solutions. * You have a team and a team lead but you don't work on the same projects as your teammates, no one feels obligated to help if you need it and you feel bad asking because everyone is pretty strapped for time/resources * Management (directors, TLs) in particular, are totally hands off to the point where I felt ignored. If the results for clients are hitting goals and expectations, etc. - no one will notice you, particularly if you have a team lead who does not really engage outside their personal projects. *Sometimes management will schedule meetings with you to “check in” cancel them repeatedly, not bother to show up entirely or come very late and leave very early. There is no accountability to those people because as long as they don't do it to the CEO there is no repercussion. Should they do that to the CEO they will likely clear out their desks in the next month. * While they say otherwise internally with charts and survey data, the salary and incremental increases are far below competition locally and nationally - lots of employees have second jobs or freelance to make ends meet. They took away bonuses (for everyone except management) and added a totally insane system of you asking for permission to get money to do things the company deems worthy. * There is little to no investment in developing skills internally - you either learn something on your own or you struggle and maybe fail, no one will offer to help you and if you ever see your TL or director they are busy busy busy. * Most new employees come with no experience or applicable education, that can negatively impact the quality of work produced for each client and put added pressure on more qualified teammates to compensate, which makes lots of the more skilled employees jump ship, sometimes really quickly. * Lack of skill development makes the work output vary greatly - some clients get good work some get total misinformation or nonsensical recommendations with lots of jargon while others get good valuable work. There is no focus on quality only on how you grow business (sell stuff) or do things the CEO finds valuable - if you keep clients or gown current clients, you keep your job - you don’t get promoted or even acknowledged. * Seer is exceptionally cheap when it comes to employees and travel - ever want to share a room or even a bed in a Motel 6 under a highway above a bowling alley with coworker you barely know? Well get ready to do that after flying economy minus minus at 430am the day before and have to work an extra 6 hours when you get home because no one covered for you while you were traveling to see clients.

Seer Interactive2019-04-11

"Hope you get the right accounts and mentors, then you're all set! Otherwise, good luck..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Seer Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-You will learn a lot very quickly about the discipline you joined; SEO, Paid Search, and Analytics. -Tenure doesn't really mean much. -Good character is highly valued at Seer. There was someone at one time who tried to frame another coworker by putting the blame on someone else. Once management found out, the wrongdoer was fired, quick! This happened even though the wrongdoer was superior to the victim. -If you can magically manage to find time for going to industry conferences, Seer will make sure you get the opportunity. -If you are able to level up your coworkers and help grow the company's bottom line, you will be promoted quickly and be referred to as "an impact player", as Wil calls them. -Excellent benefits for a small company. -Charity driven work-culture; that's how the company started. -Wil is awesome, along with a few other lifers. Don't believe other reviews putting him down. It's. Simply. Not. True.

Cons

-Marketing is more than just SEO and PPC. You will not learn much about other channels. -Seer is set up so that you have to be good at many things; client communication, coaching, sharing your knowledge, etc. If you want to excel at a few things, this is not the place for you. -Work load is too much. I know people getting physically affected (panic attacks, other stress related incidents) from the work load. Managers do try to help but even they are helpless because of the sheer amount of work. Even though weekend work isn't required officially, it's unavoidable most times. To make things worse, since leveling up your team is a big part of getting promoted here, if you don't have weekends and after hours free to do that, you'll have a hard time getting promoted. -I consistently saw associates coached by certain team leads/account managers across divisions get promoted; meaning, not all TLs/AMs have the ability to coach new members (it's not favoritism as mentioned on many of these reviews, just that Seer has to do a better job of training the trainers). -Just like any other agency, the kind of accounts you get is a HUGE factor in the quality of your experience here, as well as ability to get promoted/recognized. This was the BIGGEST disappointment I had while at Seer. I thought Seer would have been better. -Technically inclined individuals do not have many opportunities for progress. You have to want to be customer facing. -Dogs allowed. -Wil cannot be cloned.

Seer Interactive2018-10-27

"If you love digital marketing, awesome co-workers, and motivated by being challenged - Seer is the place for you!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Seer Interactive full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Interesting clients in a variety of industries - Supportive, caring, and hardworking team that will have your back always - No day is ever the same. Seer is fast-pace and keeps you on your toes - Opportunities to grow. Seer is continuing to grow every year, giving more opportunities for growth, promotions, helping build new departments. There is tons of room to innovate. - Culture and benefits. Unlimited PTO and Work from home is a life saver. Also we have a very flexible work day schedule.

Cons

- A pro for me, but could be a con for some. Seer moves very quickly. As an agency we operate on tight deadlines and may need to pivot quickly. If you like working at a slow pace and searching for a super predictable job, then Seer is not for you. - No major hand holding (could also be a con for some but I love this). At Seer you are not micromanaged and need to have strong self-direction. The team is here to help, but you also need to make the time on your own to learn new things and grow your skill set- there's no hand holding.

Seer Interactive2018-03-07
  10. "Great company. Interesting culture."

4.0

I worked at Seer Interactive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Seer is a great company, especially if you’re in your early 20s and like to hang out with coworkers after work. Everyone is super friendly and their HR team is the best. You’re working with the best in the business

Cons

Not many. The only negative was sometimes the “ideas” are flowing faster than execution can keep up with

Seer Interactive2018-03-14

Seer Interactive Response

March 30, 2018Founder

Howdy, thank you for the kind feedback. Its REALLY good to hear about our HR team. They work so hard, and like any division they don't get everything right but they are always open to improving, learning, and they just care. Thank you for sharing that sentiment, so often they are dealing with tough situations, that I don't think they get shouted out enough here for all the good they do. It's also really encouraging to hear that you considered your co-workers some of the best in the business. That's equally as heartwarming. We try so hard (*again thanks to HR) to keep a good number of people who have high intelligence but with low ego. As great as we are for people in their 20's I believe we are actually attracting more families than ever 30's, we looked back at the # of kids in our company and I think we are at 34 or so now, when just 5 years ago we only had 2. So I hope Seer is a great place for people of all ages. I don't have the data, but I am seeing us hiring more and more folks in their 30s these days too. As for ideas, agreed, we are a heavy idea shop, and while that brings its set of challenges for sure, our ideas have lead us to sharing some game changers with our industry, along with some complete failures and distractions (which is probably what you are mentioning). If you have ideas on how to better incubate ideas so they don't become distractions I'm all ears, you know what my email is :). Glad you enjoyed your time here with your co-workers, hope you still hang out and grab an occasional chat with them.

Found 52 reviews