KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Seer Interactive Reviews

Updated May 11, 2022

Found 81 of over 90 reviews

3.9
Seer Interactive Founder Wil Reynolds (no image)
Wil Reynolds

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "When you do leave SEER, you will have met some great people and done some amazing things, no matter your tenure.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Great culture, really great environment to learn and grow.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Amazing benefits(in 7 reviews)
  • "almost everyone who works there is extremely intelligent(in 6 reviews)
  • "Great work life balance(in 6 reviews)
Cons
  • "The emotional ups/downs, extreme favoritism, and the constant stage act made for a miserable existence as his company.(in 5 reviews)
  • "which is luck in a lot of ways and keeps bad managers looking just fine if the team can hold their own.(in 4 reviews)
  • "They took away bonuses (for everyone except management) and added a totally insane system of you asking for permission to get money to do things the company deems worthy.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Leadership team...not much leadership at all, more so the yes team of the founder.(in 3 reviews)
  • "It felt like there were clear favorites who were always being recognized.(in 3 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Shows Transparency instead of talking about it

May 11, 2022 - Associate Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re on the Seer Team, you have access to actual sales and pipeline numbers on demand, analysis of those numbers 2x / month, and an all hands that discusses everything going on across the company 1x / month - from team attrition, shifts to support the team/clients/community, and the “why” behind these big decisions. I’ve seen Seer lower sales goals 2x since my tenure here at Seer. Not because business wasn’t coming in, but because the team was at capacity. A Fortune 10 company hit our lead form after this decision, and Seer stuck to their word, turning away one of the world’s top 10 largest businesses. I see decisions like this made on the macro and the micro day in and day out.

Cons

Growing pains - giving this much transparency and showing folks how Seer sometimes builds the airplane while it’s in flight can be overwhelming. We’re also shifting from being a 150 person company to a 250+. Seer is entering a different echelon of business and, knowing how leadership has made decisions over time, I believe they’ll get us through change management turbulence to come out even better on the other side.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

So far so good

May 9, 2022 - PPC Account Manager (Paid Search Account Manager) in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing benefits Very reasonable working hours Flexible time off Structure around tasks and client communication Established channels of feedback (I have worked in both agencies and in-house and I can say Seer "does the most" in regards to seeking and acting on feedback from employees) My "People Manager" is a solid resource to vent to and to actually ask advice from and even step in or delegate client work if needed.

Cons

So far I'm seeing frazzled coworkers and bottlenecks in workflows. however, I think the company is in a state of growth and upper management has been stepping in to correct issues that employees are reporting. I don't see the most efficient work being done, but I think there's opportunity to improve that given the chance. "Unlimited vacation days" they promise seem pretty unrealistic given what I'm seeing in regards to team structure so far, but I'm not writing it off yet.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Lots of career growth opportunity and good benefits

Feb 19, 2022 - Associate Director in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seer has been an amazing place to work and given me a ton of career opportunities. Leadership is transparent, accessible, and genuinely listens to feedback and everyone's ideas. The company is invested in trying to do what's right for the team and community - minimum salary, salary transparency, focus on community and volunteering I am very impressed with career growth opportunities, compensation, training opportunities with provided budget, overall benefits. Work/life balance has been good and the level of trust and flexibility has been appreciated especially in the shift to remote work

Cons

Workload is inconsistent across team members and top team members can be expected to pick up the slack. Departments could also benefit from more internal resource support. A lot of operations-type work such as trainings, interviews, staffing, etc falls on the extended leadership team and trickles down in addition to their client load The company has struggled to replicate in-office culture in a remote workforce. There needs to be more team bonding opportunity engagement opportunities across teams with in-person options available as desired

Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast Way to Learn Marketing and How Businesses Operate

Sep 21, 2021 - Account Manager in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for Seer is like business boot camp. You will get a seat in the conference rooms of many different organizations and quickly learn what works and what doesn’t to get the experience to become a true consultant. No two projects are alike. Fast-paced environment with flexibility and autonomy. Solid benefits: I’ve spent $0 on co-pays or prescription since I started. We get big bonuses 2X per year when the company’s revenue is solid and budgets for self-improvement and office-improvement. Compensation is solid (well above the estimates shown on Glassdoor). Year-round summer Fridays, unlimited PTO, and the option to work remote, work from either headquarters and/or take WFH days when desired.

Cons

Seer does a good job in vetting it’s staff so you’ll be working with a lot of smart people, but oftentimes we’re all so busy that the training and collaboration really takes a hit. There can be times that it’s impossible to live up to expectations set by our ethos in the number of hours allotted and position as external consultants. Time tracking can be obsessive to the point of distraction, especially given that it has no impact on revenue. Taking PTO can be difficult without derailing projects but it’s getting easier with new processes in place.

Seer Interactive Response

Great to see your overarching experience at Seer has been such a positive one. Also really appreciate your feedback on bandwidth, learning/development, and supporting PTO. Certainly on our radar and we're actively working towards each via operational investments across the org. Thank you for voicing your experience and continuing to help us better support the team.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Challenging & Rewarding Environment

Nov 25, 2021 - Senior Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Programs designed to improve employee's lives: student loan assistance, kaizen budget (stipend to better yourself professionally or personally), unlimited volunteer hours, and unlimited PTO - Seer is a place that appreciates feedback and acts on it. Reading through some of these older reviews, I can see where those changes have been made to make Seer a better place to work today - Maybe I drank the Kool-Aid, but the culture (even with everyone remote) is positive and uplifting - Leadership is accessible and will make time for folks who request it

Cons

- Not everyone will flag you if you're going crazy on hours (but, that being said you CAN approach your team lead and work on a way to cut down on the time you're spending in the office) - Path to promotion and raises is a little unclear

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

All of the negative reviews are the truth, the rest is PR

Apr 1, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seer will teach you the unfortunate lesson that even in small companies politics and kissing up is what matters most

Cons

It’s cathartic to come back and read people finally speaking the truth about Seer. The recent positive reviews may be a result of team leads and management pressuring people to cheerlead (which happened to me while there), but the true Seer can be read about in anything with 2 stars or less. - Just go and read all of the one and two star reviews. Those are the real deal and what to expect from Seer. - LT can be cool. They can also be completely unreasonable and petulant children if you disagree with them about anything. - Some of LT is pervy and gets away with inappropriate behavior. If you’re asked to help pitch in with BD you need to keep your guard up and document everything - Seer loves to hype up its perks that are as basic as they come. Better read that fine print before they make new mothers pay back their maternity leave. And if you thought you’d actually get to enjoy that unlimited PTO they’re always promising think again. You're underpaid and overworked and when it's time to find somewhere new you'll realize just how far behind you are compared to other companies doing work outside of keyword audits and content gap analysis. - Others have said it perfectly but it’s worth repeating that the fakeness is soul crushing - Seer routinely lies to clients. What gets talked about on stage and is in no way represented in the work delivered. It's offshore quality at premium prices and very basic, but somehow Seer has convinced people it's different from any other shop. - The group of devotees has been phoning it in for years, but don’t expect anything to be done about it. It won’t matter how hard you work and what types of results you bring, being part of this group is all that matters within Seer. They behave how they want with zero consequences. - Phantom equity LOL. This will only benefit like the 10 people Wil surrounds himself with who are there just hanging on trying to get as much of a piece as they can whenever he sells. It’s sickening.

14 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Former Employee

Gaslighting, Poor Pay, and Fake Culture

Sep 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you're very junior an agency is a good place to get experience across different types of clients. Seer is not the only place you can get this at.

Cons

- Wildly below market compensation. Of those I've kept in touch with, post-Seer employees make between 20-50% more in salary to start at their next company. - Seer pretends it's about idea meritocracy but it's really about favoritism. They'll spend a lot of effort trying to convince you otherwise. - Constant gaslighting. Your sanity will be tested. - Seer's culture is the literal definition of Stockholm syndrome. - It's all FYF's and fake cheerleading in front of everyone to keep up phony appearances, but people aren't as happy as they pretend to be.

15 people found this review helpful

Seer Interactive Response

Thank you for your review. It's unfortunate to hear this was your experience on our team, and following. We are sorry this wasn't better addressed/unpacked during your time on our team. We don't take this feedback lightly. There's a lot to digest here and a great deal for us to consider as we explore how to best prevent others from sharing this experience. Thank you for your candor and for giving us the opportunity to drive change across the areas noted.

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Should have written this long ago. Seer was the worst professional experience of my life.

Feb 16, 2022 - SEO Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Adding Seer to my resume opened a lot of doors when it was time to leave -They do really care about the surrounding community and Wil would fire you if he could if you didn't do at least some community service volunteering. He will also tell you that again and again and again, so, this is actually kind of a con too. Pro tip: you don't need to listen and it is illegal for him to fire you for not volunteering. That said, he will not like you if you don't join him in whatever quest he's interested in.

Cons

-Pay: you're underpaid compared to most other agencies. A 60k minimum salary is great, but you can get 70k minimum at Directive. The benefits, most of which were in office based, are nothing to really brag about. This is a tech field, you will get great benefits almost any agency you go to. -Hours: You ready to track every waking minute of your professional life? If you're not, you will assuredly have problems with management seeing you as 'under performing', no matter the quality of your output. Get ready to put in more time in creating an out of office plan than the time you will actually enjoy while on vacation. Seer fully expects you to be available for clients and coworkers at all times. I can't stress enough how relieving it was to be able to delete the chat programs off my phone and be able to actually enjoy an evening after 8 pm. -Culture + People: Cultish, cliquey, and largely unaware that there are in fact other SEM agencies that exist (and that surprise: some do things a LOT better). Seer makes you feel as though they're the only good company in the world, which is so horribly false. I mean, the company barely even provides training, and where it does it is far from comprehensive. The staff is also primarily fresh from college with limited experience in the field, which is really why I wanted to highlight the lack of training. You've got kids with no idea what to do learning it all on the job with little to no support from the company itself. The weekly FYF threads are nauseating - low effort praise and cheerleading all aimed at creating a false appearance of being happy. Though I worked there pre-pandemic, it was not at all uncommon to see folks in the office past 8 pm on a Friday night trying to finish up their work for the week -- and this was an expectation of Seer. Oh, and finally, if you DO have a problem with another coworker then too bad. If they're well liked, have been there for over a year, or some how got into Wil's circle, you're boned. No one will ever take your side. -Professional Growth: Again, there is no real training at Seer or room for side of desk projects/training. If you want to develop in a specific area, do it on your own time. They won't really help you at all. This also makes it difficult when looking for promotions or pay raises. Most leadership positions at Seer are also held by individuals who have been there for 6+ years. This creates an insular and occasional stubborn culture that is unwilling to accept any sort of change. It's a giant echo chamber. -The Work: If you have any interest in SEO beyond content marketing then Seer is not for you. The core of the business is content strategy and development and calling it SEO. Maybe 7 employees can write schema. Maybe 25 can use Screaming Frog efficiently, despite having one of the best guides on how to use the tool. There are also no standardized approaches, reports, deliverables, etc. You're constantly making it all up as you go. This then means that clients get a mixed bag in terms of performance. In essence, no two clients are getting the same (or even similar) output. -Management in general: There are a few truly empathetic managers at Seer. Then there are a lot more that have been there for 6+ years, without any other job experience, that have moved into the roles of managers, and are unwilling to take outside suggestions. These folks are part of the 'in group', or Wil's favorites, and if you've got one as your manager I'm so sorry. -Wil: Wil has done an absolutely incredible job at a few things. 1) Surrounding himself with sycophants - I never saw anyone tell him 'No' while there, or even pushback when a bad idea was presented. In fact, if you tried to message him and used an email that wasn't either bulleted, 150 characters long, or did not contain a TLDR you were going to run into issues with the dude. Apparently, he thinks he does not have enough time to sit and read something if it's not formatted correctly. Insane. 2) Projecting an image of selflessness, when the dude is actually pretty petty and brutal to work with. While there, he made a pretty big deal about not buying a Lambo and instead providing pretty meager bonuses to his staff based 3) Creating a hostile work environment by having very clear favorites and pitting staff members against each other in the name of 'progress'. 4) Building a public image of Seer. I mean really, before working there, I was convinced they were doing exceptional things. They aren't. It's all on stage. 5) Seeming Innovative: This is kinda the same as above, but Seer came up with a few good ideas a few years ago. PowerBI to analyze PPC and SEO data is awesome. Looking for wasted spend is awesome. This is the extent of the innovation at Seer. But they'll tell you about their homebuilt keyword rank tracker and tell you that it's exceptional and unrivaled. They'll tell you about their BI + Data team and say they're incredible, and those individuals are, but the output is nothing unique. Beyond that, new ideas or novel approaches to problems are not exactly welcome. Essentially, if Wil doesn't think of it or if one of his favorites doesn't say it, whatever project or idea you have will fall flat on its face. I don't want to just bash Wil though. His big picture thinking is what excited me about working at Seer. He has excellent business acumen and can be a pretty likable guy. It's just that the face he shows the world on stage is very very different than the one you see in the office, and the company itself is stagnant and overly focused on the image they project vs the way they actually treat and take care of their employees. A final note: over the last 2 years the company has experienced insane turn over. Individuals who had been there for 8+ years are leaving in droves. Why do you think that is? If the company REALLY treated people that well, you'd think they would stay for life.

26 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Great learning opportunity, gaps in culture

Dec 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Seer was a great learning opportunity and I’d recommend working here if you get the chance. Granted, you’ll have to bear some of the highest levels of workload you may encounter in your career, but do it. This place will fashion you into a diamond within a few years. I owe a lot to Seer, and can’t knock it for that. I’m convinced that many of the folks I worked with here have some of the highest pedigree in the industry. You’ll find that even some of your everyday associates are incredibly creative and capable. Seek out the experts here, learn from them, then pay it forward. Bottom line, Seer will work you to the bone, but you’ll be incredibly grateful in the long run.

Cons

Over time, it became clear to me that Seer has some severely overlooked pockets of immaturity in its culture. Ultimately, what led me to leave was unpleasant and hurtful experiences with managers. To be honest, some of the behavior I saw was truly shameful. Ironically, these people also espoused self-care and empathy towards clients and teammates. This type of unfair treatment was an issue from when I first started, and when these issues surfaced, I don’t feel the company thoughtfully investigated them. It’s unfortunate because I really enjoyed the work here and could’ve seen myself continuing if it weren’t for these experiences. Outside that, the workload was just too much to bear after a certain point. This shouldn’t be a surprise working in an agency environment, but what I want to highlight more is how Seer handles burnout. While I think it’s gotten better at understanding the risk burnout poses to business and putting guardrails in place to prevent it, there’s still a large gap of awareness of its cause. At the account level, workload concerns are usually met by templated answers from managers to adhere to a certain number of hours or to delegate. Unfortunately, these often aren’t satisfactory solutions. Client projects are too nuanced and complex to take this type of mechanical approach. Eventually, the workload and these negative experiences with managers completely grinded me down over time and the strain was too much.

12 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0
    Current Employee

Strong culture of giving back to communities

Feb 3, 2022 - Senior SEO Associate in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work life balance legitimate unlimited PTO Transparent

Cons

Lower end of the pay scale for high quality SEO

Be the first to find this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 81 Reviews

Seer Interactive Reviews FAQs

Seer Interactive has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 78% of employees would recommend working at Seer Interactive to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Seer Interactive employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Seer Interactive. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

78% of Seer Interactive employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Seer Interactive 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Seer Interactive to be senior leadership, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Seer Interactive Job Seekers