KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Seer Interactive Reviews

Updated Jun 16, 2021

Found 65 of over 73 reviews

4.0
Seer Interactive Founder Wil Reynolds (no image)
Wil Reynolds
Pros
  • "Friendly and extremely supportive work environment(in 8 reviews)

• "Unlimited PTO and Work from home is a life saver(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No one will be telling you it is time to get up and go home for the day(in 4 reviews)

• "An agency setting is super fast-paced, so not for everyone(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee

Great Company

Jun 16, 2021 - Digital Marketing Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great company culture, great location, and nice office

Cons

walking up alot of flights of steps and sometimes heavy doors

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Not for everyone, but definitely for me

May 6, 2021 - Team Lead in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The financials are open - you know the health of the company at all times - The new bonus model basically gives $0 to the founder and redistributes what would've gone into his pocket to the full company and to non-profits - I've learned more here than anywhere else. And I've learned about business, not just marketing KPIs and strategies. It's a game changer when it comes to being a consultant

Cons

- Training program can be intense, it's not for folks who want to just come in and do what they were doing at their last job. - Agency life -- it ebbs and flows in terms of intensity.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

All around great company

Mar 16, 2021 - Manager in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Hands down the best part of Seer was the opportunities to learn/grow and the incredibly smart and amazing people on the team. I truly felt like being at this company pushed me to be the best marketer I could be, which was largely due to the support from teammates and managers. - Perks were fabulous! Unlimited time off, stipends, dogs in office, etc. - Pre-pandemic, the option to work in the office half the week and work from home the other half was fantastic - Owner of the company, Wil, is awesome. Truly one of a kind human. - Office space was great. Loved the opportunity to travel to the San Diego office. - client roster was pretty good. I worked on some obscure clients but honestly it was great to get the experience across all industries.

Cons

- Did not realize how underpaid we were until leaving the company. However, the perks being offered do somewhat offset the fact that the pay is low, but hard to use many of the perks during a pandemic. - Constant pressure to stand out. I think this helped me grow in a sense, but sometimes the pressure was too much. - Despite the company being around for quite some time, it still has a start up mentality. It is quite draining to be frank- consistently feeling pressured to create new processes was tough. all in all, there were bumps and curves throughout my few years at Seer. The highs were absolutely amazing but the lows were pretty hard. If you have ever worked at an agency, you’ve probably felt similarly. No company is perfect, and despite the cons I listed above, I still have high praise for this company and would recommend working here to someone who is looking for a fast paced agency, open to working somewhere that regularly changes processes, and wants to work with some awesome, smart people.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company that values its employees, hard work

Feb 18, 2021 - SEO Associate in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-positive work environment -almost everyone who works there is extremely intelligent -great benefits and perks (unlimited PTO, WFH, etc) -transparent leadership -if you want to change something, you can. Management will listen to you.

Cons

-occassional favoritism by management -hard work, can be long hours if you're not focused the entire day -the bar is set very high, which can make for a competitive atmosphere, mostly good but sometimes can add pressure -I felt a bit micromanaged from time to time but it comes from a good place. -you really have to work hard to stand out, go above and beyond to get recognition. this can be in the "pro's" category depending on the type of worker you are.

5. 2.0

Avoid this unhealthy workplace

Apr 7, 2021 - SEO Account Manager in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- The Founder is still seen as some SEO "God" in the industry (not sure why, honestly) so you have the opportunity to work with some large clients. But heads up... they catch wind of the agency's inabilities pretty quickly so there is potential for you to hurt your personal brand by coupling yourself with this agency. - Typical of any agency, there are *some* really smart, hardworking, and awesome employees. But for every 1 genuinely capable employee, there are like 3 incapable employees so good luck! And the good employees typically question status quo / bring in new ways of thinking, which is often overshadowed by the herd-like mentality that is applauded by managers.

Cons

I'll start from the top and make my way down: - The Founder is an egotistical maniac who genuinely thinks he is a good guy. I used to follow him on LinkedIn but got tired of him spouting disingenuous garbage about how he and his company are holier than thou. Don't let this fool you. Wil favors employees that applaud him (even when they know he is wrong), he devalues opposing opinions (even when data-backed), he creates a hostile work environment by reacting to every emotion he has in any given moment, and he is insanely unprofessional in communication. - The Directors, Associate Directors and Team Leads are made up of the 3% of complacent employees that seem to be okay with the hostile environment (Stockholm's Syndrome, possibly?). There isn't one Director, AD, or TL that wasn't born and bred within the walls of Seer. That's problematic in so many ways. It creates a cult-like environment where the only new ideas come from Wil and the fan girls below him push his agenda forward. - The AMs and Associates are a mixed bag at best. People are promoted waaaaay too fast and given accounts / responsibilities that they can't handle. Rather than training, mentoring, or setting people up for success as they fumble through new situations in their stretch roles, Seer lets people fail. AMs and Associates are overworked, exhausted, and working 55, 60, 65-hour weeks. Late-night emails, weekend work, holiday work, missed PTO, working on vacation is all very much a thing at Seer. The agency caters to a younger, more junior employee. Tenured professionals will not stick around for the lack of work-life balance, coupled with the offensively low pay. Last thing: I took a linear job change, decreased my workload, and increased my pay by 35%. If you are still working at Seer, trust me... you are getting WAY underpaid and WAY overworked

15 people found this review helpful
    6. 1.0

Not a Healthy Workplace

Apr 16, 2021 - Senior SEO Associate in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great stepping stone in your career. You will learn a lot and you will learn it fast. There are nice people here who are smart.

Cons

CEO definitely like to brag a lot about how doesn’t drive a Lamborghini. Loves to preach about doing the right thing, being available, etc but I found that this is all mostly bull crap. Wil took me out of important client meetings that would’ve been great experience, and I basically never saw or spoke to him after I was hired. Lots of talk there. As far as the actual job, it’s true. You have to work 5x harder for 70% of the pay. They even brag about this in their company documentation, by saying something like “we aren’t in it for the money”. I was also told this by HR. Sure, maybe I am where so am because of Seer, but truly at what cost? I was massively depressed and anxious all the time because it was so crazy competitive. If you weren’t over performing you were underperforming. Theres this weird cult of devote your life to Seer or else your not good enough vibe, that I just did not jive with. This place brags about being great, at the end of the day this is just a stepping stone to better quality of life.

10 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee

Great Stepping-Stone Opportunity

Mar 13, 2021 - PPC Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun culture, especially when the office is open - Most clients are great to work with - Freedom and independence to do great work and present new ideas - Collaboration is encouraged, so it's possible to get involved from other teams and learn from them - All-hands meetings are transparent

Cons

- Getting assigned to clients is a difficult process, most team members don't have a strong say in this - Path for promotions and raises is unclear at times - Very heavy workload - Team leads and directors are often too focused on the numbers, not the people - Process fatigue

4 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced learning environment

Jan 28, 2021 - Web Analytics Associate in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

fast-paced and challenging environment allows super fast and diverse learning in the world of digital

Cons

low base pay, high-pressure, balancing time across many projects

Be the first to find this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to build a foundation.

Dec 21, 2020 - Senior Associate in San Diego, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff, flexible management, fast learning

Cons

Very stressful, burnout is common, can’t choose clients, process fatigue. Very “busy” work.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Amazing Culture of Learning + Giving Back

Oct 16, 2020 - SEO Associate in Philadelphia, PA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Seer is HUGE on knowledge sharing, learning, and giving back to both it's employees and the community.

Cons

An agency setting is super fast-paced, so not for everyone.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Reviews