Seer Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seer Interactive Interview Questions

Interviews at Seer Interactive

3.2

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

HR stood me up on our first scheduled call. Rescheduled and had a good talk. Later went into the office for a group interview. One of the interviewers left half an hour in, and two other interviewers who were scheduled to be present (one being the only person who could judge my experience and qualifications being from the relevant department) were absent.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions so I didn't come out to a disadvantage in that regard, but it's still hard to impress people who don't work in your specific niche of digital marketing (one interviewer couldn't even answer some of my basic questions because of this). It came out to be a good interview, but I never heard back from HR or any other SEER representative about whether or not I made the cut. I had even sent a thank you note.

It looks like I dodged a bullet anyways, so it's all for the better! This agency is known to terminate people without notification. I also have prior experience with cult-like work environments.

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

Probably the worst experience I've ever had with a Human Resources department. I decided to apply because of a few connections I have in the office, and they all speak highly of the company. The representatives that I were in contact with seemed super uninterested during my phone screen, and gave off a very snobby vibe, like I was lucky to even have them call me back. If you're not obsessed with Will, you won't drink the Kool Aid, and you won't get an offer.

Interview Questions

Seer Interactive Response

Nov 5, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Hey there! Sorry to hear about your experience- it's certainly not our intention to convey that we're anything less than thrilled about any candidate's interest in Seer. If you have any actionable... More

Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2017.

Interview

First off, I’d like to say I’ve been a fan of Seer for a while leading up to the interview process. The company seemed great from what I saw and heard leading up to the interview process.

The whole process took about 1 month and was fairly streamlined throughout. It contained two calls (one with recruiter and one with a Team Lead) and an in-person at their office in NoLibs. Midway through the process, the recruiter was transparent and made me aware that they already filled the position I was interviewing for, which was fine, but they also told me to keep interviewing for when another position opens up. So I finished the in-person thinking I nailed it, but after sending follow ups to my interviewers and waiting weeks/months, I realized I was being ghosted by the recruiter and company as a whole. I periodically attempted to reach out for feedback on my interview and when I saw new job postings, but all Seer could afford to do was creep on my LinkedIn profile.

I’m aware that companies don’t owe potential employees anything and that it’s not personal, but I thought Seer would be above all that, at least that’s what they try to sell you

Interview Questions

Seer Interactive Response

Oct 4, 2018 – Director of People Operations

Hi there! I'm really sorry to hear about your experience; we're typically very regimented in giving feedback to all of our candidates. It looks like almost a year has gone by since when you... More

Analytics Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Had a great initial phone call, but man does this company give off a "holier than thou" vibe. About a week afterwards I received a rather lengthy email about why I did not advance to the next round of interviews. While I do appreciate them getting back to me in a timely manner, I think such a long email describing why I didn’t get picked was kind of overboard. It just seemed like a little much for a first round phone screening, in my opinion. Again, it may have been the overall "we're better than you" tone, but the whole thing just rubbed me the wrong way.

Interview Questions

Seer Interactive Response

Mar 25, 2019 – Director of People Operations

Thanks so much for your feedback & sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience. Candidate experience means a lot to us, which is why we do our best to not only respond to each candidate, but... More

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in January 2019.

Interview

Initial phone screening and then panel interview with AM's and Associates who you would be reporting to directly. Phone screening with People team member- very easy and comfortable. In panel interview Had to present a discovery excercise which was nerve wracking. The team asked several questions regarding my work in the excercise.

Interview Questions

• What does your career progression look like?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

I got in touch with an HR person in Philly and talked over the phone - a couple weeks later I was called again and got an interview scheduled with the offices in San Diego. I had a great conversation with them - a lot of what was going on was the interviewers trying to get an idea of a general skill-set and willingness to work and learn as well as attitude.

The interviewers were *emphatic* about the fact that they'd get back in touch with me within 3-5 days *no matter what*. Well, after two weeks of silence I emailed the HR person at SEER and learned I hadn't gotten the internship.

Its fine I didn't get the position, but I felt really disrespected by the fact that after taking the time to apply and come in to interview, SEER couldn't fulfill its own promise to update me about the position without my prompting them a week after their own deadline. It really threw me for a loop because the people I interviewed with seemed really enthusiastic and kind, but the lack of regard for my position as an applicant waiting to hear back struck me as extremely impersonal and rude.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you 50,000$ in capital, what kind of business would you start?   Answer Question

SEO Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

One of my weirder interviews that I'll be retelling for awhile. The phone screen went ok with no real back and forth and nothing special. I was called in for a face to face quickly after that, however ot was a group interview with >other candidates< despite making no mention of it being that prior. Obviously the companies information sharing was needing some work between teams and I don't know about you but considering literally no other company does this interview type why is this even being done? The Interview lasted 3 hours where you ran the gamut of general client screenings and questions/problems you face in this field along with others there giving feedback. In the end it felt more like some kind of coolest kid in class showboat than talking about skills and management styles.

I didn't get a response when they said they would be letting people know and found it off-putting. For all this noise about honesty, being "THE BEST" in caps, and hard workers I found all of their actions to be way off that selling point. Every agency BS's but to believe it that hard and be totally opposite was weird.

I never mentioned it at the time but I knew of SEER as a client at one of the companies I worked for. I was not impressed with them as a service provider - I always felt them to be a bit amateurish, but I wanted to give them a fair shot all the same. Generally my perceptions/concerns with them were confirmed at the interview. Despite touting as their leader puts it "THE BEST" my impression of them was they're not very experienced when it comes to anything professional or even large scale websites. The solutions they provided were chopping down trees but in the wrong forest. Or, even worse, spending time/budget on problems already known about. My verdict on the place: if you're starting out give it a shot but if you've been around the block in any capacity - run.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized scheduling from every Seer contact I was in touch with, I get it that they're busy but through each step they missed the phone call appointment at least twice, even the FINAL interview with the VP of SEO.

Despite their crappy scheduling skills every interview/convo I had with each team member was great. One reviewer was right in their stating that the interview feels more like a conversation than a real interview but you better bet they're paying close attention and do throw in some decent/difficult questions towards the end.

Your best bet is to be honest about your knowledge within digital mktg and express your passion/interest in the position and why you're best qualified...That got me to the final round but no offer.

Seems like a typical startup interview process where they're super promising, then ghost you. I even had the recruiter tell me I was a strong candidate going into the final phone call interview.

Tip to SEER--Ya'll seem cool, and have the right to brag in your interviews w/ candidates about how successful and "epic" you are, but yeah seriously even sending a rejection email using a freaking template is better than nothing at all. (I did send an email follow-up after the final interview, and no response)

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited resources with Digital Marketing, what would you do?   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of People Operations

Hey there! Thanks so much for your feedback; although I wish it was a better, more communicative process for you! I am glad to hear that you had such a positive interaction with the team though... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

After submitting my cover letter and resume online and connecting with a current SEER employee, a member of the HR team contacted me and set up a phone screen with one other member of HR. About a week later I was brought into the office for two panel interviews. The next day, I had a video call with the CEO, which was the last step of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to break down an aspect of my experience from beginning to end, and the thought process behind it. It wasn't a difficult question, but it required a good amount of critical thinking. The people at SEER who tend to do interviews are very good at interviewing without making you feel like you're being grilled, but you better believe they're paying attention.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer package is generous, there's not much to negotiate as they're up front with salary expectations from the beginning.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

My interview process included two separate visits to the office. The first meeting was a more formal meeting where I got to understand the business and what they were looking for in an employee. This was where I was able to voice my expertise in writing and show SEER how I could positively contribute to the team. The second interview was far more hands-on as I was tasked to complete a mini-project and power points with another interviewee. It required us to work together under a time constraint and produce creative thoughts.

Interview Questions

• Why is SEER a good fit for you?   1 Answer