Seer Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seer Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was when the company was still in the famed Search Church! I met with Wil (I doubt he has time for that anymore) and we had coffee nearby. After a few challenging questions, I was asked to present some digital marketing strategies for actual clients. Three team leads plus Wil were in attendance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present, using actual client analytics data.   1 Answer

Seer Interactive Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Employee Development

Hey there! Really appreciate your review + feedback. We're still doing a couple rounds of interviewing and presentations are a part of every round. Our intention is to understand the candidate, but ... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was disorganized and mostly unprofessional. The interview was rescheduled a few times, which isn't a big deal, but the actual interview didn't go how I was told it would. Some of the people from the group I was supposed to meet didn't show or left early because they had a meeting. I should have left too.

Interview Questions

• Something about company culture and why I wanted to work at Seer.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone Interview.
    I am passively looking for a new role, however I Did not make it to the next step, I think because I did not fit their culture.
    Before interviewing here I highly suggest reading the companies reviews and see what you find that all past employees are saying.
    I did not cancel my phone interview after reading the really bad reviews to not back out and give them a chance. But I did notice "fitting in" was really important to them and I no longer was interested after my conversation as red flags pooped up from our conversation ( aforementioned I am not actively looking for a new role) and from reading the reviews and was okay with not moving to the next steps

Interview Questions

• Please explain what you are looking for in your next role and go over your resume.   Answer Question

Paid Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call on the next day which was exciting. What followed was 2 other calls with HR and a Team Lead respectively, both of which went very well. After that I had an in-person interview with three team leads which went great.

What happened after really irked me as I was told everyone loved me but there was no money in the budget to hire me at the moment and due to the sporadic agency nature of the paid search business there is no way of knowing when there would be money in the budget to bring me on. Apparently the company likes to keep qualified people of a wait list so when the money does come in they can onboard them quickly.

When I asked when there would be money in the budget the HR representative continuously dodged the question and I haven't heard from her for 3+ months.

I wish they would have just told me I was rejected rather than string me along for so long without a definite answer.

Ppc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and someone from HR emailed me to set up a phone call. When the time came for her to call I never received her call. I waited about an hour an then emailed her. She took all day to get back to me and then rudely told me she had called the phone number I provided twice, and left a message for me. When I told her I never received her message and asked her to verify the number she called, she refused saying that she had heard my full name on the voice message so she knew she had the correct number. My voice message is just my phone number, no name so i knew she was lying.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

I got in touch with an HR person in Philly and talked over the phone - a couple weeks later I was called again and got an interview scheduled with the offices in San Diego. I had a great conversation with them - a lot of what was going on was the interviewers trying to get an idea of a general skill-set and willingness to work and learn as well as attitude.

The interviewers were *emphatic* about the fact that they'd get back in touch with me within 3-5 days *no matter what*. Well, after two weeks of silence I emailed the HR person at SEER and learned I hadn't gotten the internship.

Its fine I didn't get the position, but I felt really disrespected by the fact that after taking the time to apply and come in to interview, SEER couldn't fulfill its own promise to update me about the position without my prompting them a week after their own deadline. It really threw me for a loop because the people I interviewed with seemed really enthusiastic and kind, but the lack of regard for my position as an applicant waiting to hear back struck me as extremely impersonal and rude.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you 50,000$ in capital, what kind of business would you start?   Answer Question

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Because I was relocating, my first interview was a phone conversation with a member of the recruiting team.

Then I had a great, hour-long phone call with an SEO Team Lead.

Following that, I had an hour-long video google hangout with an SEO Team Lead and two Senior SEO Account Managers.

Finally, I had another video hangout with the CEO, where I was encouraged to ask any and all questions.

Overall, the process was very accomodating to me interviewing from the Midwest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work experience that you felt most proud of?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

HR stood me up on our first scheduled call. Rescheduled and had a good talk. Later went into the office for a group interview. One of the interviewers left half an hour in, and two other interviewers who were scheduled to be present (one being the only person who could judge my experience and qualifications being from the relevant department) were absent.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions so I didn't come out to a disadvantage in that regard, but it's still hard to impress people who don't work in your specific niche of digital marketing (one interviewer couldn't even answer some of my basic questions because of this). It came out to be a good interview, but I never heard back from HR or any other SEER representative about whether or not I made the cut. I had even sent a thank you note.

It looks like I dodged a bullet anyways, so it's all for the better! This agency is known to terminate people without notification. I also have prior experience with cult-like work environments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I had a good conversation with the recruiter and an in-person interview with three representatives from paid search, content strategy, and SEO. Everyone I dealt with was pleasant and professional.

Overall, seemed like a good group of people. Smart, focused interview. They asked intelligent questions that I stumbled over but ultimately I think will help me in my job search.

Felt a bit overdressed. The guy that opened the door for me looked like he had crawled out of an Urban Outfitters catalog, replete with cutoffs, hipster eyewear and a tank top.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience in paid search? How would you explain paid search to our clients who use our other services?

Name a time when you contributed an idea to a project and explain how you managed to get buy off from everyone involved.

Explain your process for _______ in very detailed terms.
      Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was about what I expected for this position. I made it through three rounds of interviews. They started with a phone screening with HR, followed up with a one on one with my potential manager and then a group interview at their office. The screen took about half an hour, the one on one was about an hour and the group interview went a little more than an hour.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my experience implementing a web analytics package.   Answer Question