Seer Interactive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Seer Interactive Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2017

3.1

PPC Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Received an email almost immediately about setting up times for a phone interview with HR. Spoke to the HR rep for about 20-30 mins about my experience. Went on to have a phone interview with a PPC manager, then a Skype interview (while I was on vacation) with 3 members and director of the PPC team, finally a round-up interview again with HR explaining to me the next steps. I was very pleased with the entire interview process thus far - it was transparent and they were over-communicative, up until they made a decision. I never heard back from anyone in regards to this position. They told me they would be in touch with a decision on a Tuesday, they emailed me saying something came up and they would be in touch with a final decision the next day, and then crickets. I have never had a company just never respond to me - whether they were interested in me or not. Aren't there templates made up for a candidate who did not receive a job offer? It doesn't take much time or effort to draft up an email. I am very disappointed in the interview process and their protocol. So unprofessional! I don't expect to get every job I interview for, but I do expect some sort of a response.

Interview Questions

Seer Interactive Response

Jul 31, 2017 – Director of Employee Development

Hey there! I am SO sorry to hear about your experience. You're right, we are very communicative and 'high touch' throughout the interview process at Seer. We also make it a point to respond to every... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

This was when the company was still in the famed Search Church! I met with Wil (I doubt he has time for that anymore) and we had coffee nearby. After a few challenging questions, I was asked to present some digital marketing strategies for actual clients. Three team leads plus Wil were in attendance.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to present, using actual client analytics data.   1 Answer

Feb 13, 2017 – Director of Employee Development

Hey there! Really appreciate your review + feedback. We're still doing a couple rounds of interviewing and presentations are a part of every round. Our intention is to understand the candidate, but... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized scheduling from every Seer contact I was in touch with, I get it that they're busy but through each step they missed the phone call appointment at least twice, even the FINAL interview with the VP of SEO.

Despite their crappy scheduling skills every interview/convo I had with each team member was great. One reviewer was right in their stating that the interview feels more like a conversation than a real interview but you better bet they're paying close attention and do throw in some decent/difficult questions towards the end.

Your best bet is to be honest about your knowledge within digital mktg and express your passion/interest in the position and why you're best qualified...That got me to the final round but no offer.

Seems like a typical startup interview process where they're super promising, then ghost you. I even had the recruiter tell me I was a strong candidate going into the final phone call interview.

Tip to SEER--Ya'll seem cool, and have the right to brag in your interviews w/ candidates about how successful and "epic" you are, but yeah seriously even sending a rejection email using a freaking template is better than nothing at all. (I did send an email follow-up after the final interview, and no response)

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited resources with Digital Marketing, what would you do?   Answer Question

Aug 7, 2017 – Director of People Operations

Hey there! Thanks so much for your feedback; although I wish it was a better, more communicative process for you! I am glad to hear that you had such a positive interaction with the team though... More

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

The interview process was disorganized and mostly unprofessional. The interview was rescheduled a few times, which isn't a big deal, but the actual interview didn't go how I was told it would. Some of the people from the group I was supposed to meet didn't show or left early because they had a meeting. I should have left too.

Interview Questions

• Something about company culture and why I wanted to work at Seer.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Interview

Phone Interview.
    I am passively looking for a new role, however I Did not make it to the next step, I think because I did not fit their culture.
    Before interviewing here I highly suggest reading the companies reviews and see what you find that all past employees are saying.
    I did not cancel my phone interview after reading the really bad reviews to not back out and give them a chance. But I did notice "fitting in" was really important to them and I no longer was interested after my conversation as red flags pooped up from our conversation ( aforementioned I am not actively looking for a new role) and from reading the reviews and was okay with not moving to the next steps

Interview Questions

• Please explain what you are looking for in your next role and go over your resume.   Answer Question

Paid Search Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Philadelphia, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got a call on the next day which was exciting. What followed was 2 other calls with HR and a Team Lead respectively, both of which went very well. After that I had an in-person interview with three team leads which went great.

What happened after really irked me as I was told everyone loved me but there was no money in the budget to hire me at the moment and due to the sporadic agency nature of the paid search business there is no way of knowing when there would be money in the budget to bring me on. Apparently the company likes to keep qualified people of a wait list so when the money does come in they can onboard them quickly.

When I asked when there would be money in the budget the HR representative continuously dodged the question and I haven't heard from her for 3+ months.

I wish they would have just told me I was rejected rather than string me along for so long without a definite answer.

Ppc Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and someone from HR emailed me to set up a phone call. When the time came for her to call I never received her call. I waited about an hour an then emailed her. She took all day to get back to me and then rudely told me she had called the phone number I provided twice, and left a message for me. When I told her I never received her message and asked her to verify the number she called, she refused saying that she had heard my full name on the voice message so she knew she had the correct number. My voice message is just my phone number, no name so i knew she was lying.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

I got in touch with an HR person in Philly and talked over the phone - a couple weeks later I was called again and got an interview scheduled with the offices in San Diego. I had a great conversation with them - a lot of what was going on was the interviewers trying to get an idea of a general skill-set and willingness to work and learn as well as attitude.

The interviewers were *emphatic* about the fact that they'd get back in touch with me within 3-5 days *no matter what*. Well, after two weeks of silence I emailed the HR person at SEER and learned I hadn't gotten the internship.

Its fine I didn't get the position, but I felt really disrespected by the fact that after taking the time to apply and come in to interview, SEER couldn't fulfill its own promise to update me about the position without my prompting them a week after their own deadline. It really threw me for a loop because the people I interviewed with seemed really enthusiastic and kind, but the lack of regard for my position as an applicant waiting to hear back struck me as extremely impersonal and rude.

Interview Questions

• If I gave you 50,000$ in capital, what kind of business would you start?   Answer Question

SEO Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Seer Interactive (Detroit, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Because I was relocating, my first interview was a phone conversation with a member of the recruiting team.

Then I had a great, hour-long phone call with an SEO Team Lead.

Following that, I had an hour-long video google hangout with an SEO Team Lead and two Senior SEO Account Managers.

Finally, I had another video hangout with the CEO, where I was encouraged to ask any and all questions.

Overall, the process was very accomodating to me interviewing from the Midwest.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a work experience that you felt most proud of?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Seer Interactive.

Interview

HR stood me up on our first scheduled call. Rescheduled and had a good talk. Later went into the office for a group interview. One of the interviewers left half an hour in, and two other interviewers who were scheduled to be present (one being the only person who could judge my experience and qualifications being from the relevant department) were absent.

The interview consisted of behavioral questions so I didn't come out to a disadvantage in that regard, but it's still hard to impress people who don't work in your specific niche of digital marketing (one interviewer couldn't even answer some of my basic questions because of this). It came out to be a good interview, but I never heard back from HR or any other SEER representative about whether or not I made the cut. I had even sent a thank you note.

It looks like I dodged a bullet anyways, so it's all for the better! This agency is known to terminate people without notification. I also have prior experience with cult-like work environments.