Setra Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Setra Systems Reviews

3.5
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Fast paced, good development opportunities!"

Current Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA
    Current Employee - Manager in Woburn, MA

I have been working at Setra Systems (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a very face-paced, collaborative environment so I always feel like I'm learning! There is also a formal review process and tools to ensure employees are getting training and opportunities to help them grow.

Cons

The benefits could be a bit better being part of such a large corporation.

2. "Great place to work"

Pros

Awesome Team focused mentality. The company is always trying to continuously improve.

Cons

The phone line system could use updating. For such an advanced company I would think their telecommunication lines would be state of the art.

"Good Company, Bad Conglomerate"

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Boxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Boxborough, MA

I have been working at Setra Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people, company is only still around because the employees are always willing to put in 110%

Coming from another lean manufacturing environment I had expectations coming in, however I was shocked to see lean manufacturing taken to a whole new extreme. In my opinion two far, Setra prides its self on the ability to ship most products same and next day. Since all products are made to order you would think we keep an ample supply of parts on board... You would be wrong, on numerous occasions we run out of parts with out telling the team upstairs who are the phone with customers making delivery promises. Who then get blamed by management when we do not deliver the products on time.

Cons

No one is willing to take responsibility for there own actions , and blame for errors is constantly getting thrown around. With that being said they pay on average 10% less the other company in the industry and the benefits they provide are not the best in the world.

Advice to Management

Your employees genuinely want to do want is best for the company, give them some freedom to make changes. Currently there is incredibly to much focus on meetings each months goals for increasing our margins.

4. "A fantastic experience for me to learn and grow."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

Pros

Nice location, friendly and helpful people, interesting product base, get to work on a wide range of product and experience.

Cons

Very very very busy, arguably overworked. Pull long hours. Facility is starting to get too full. They need to expand of have less companies in same building.

Advice to Management

Consider larger location.

"High stress and negative morale throughout"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boxborough, MA

I worked at Setra Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits (basic health & dental, 401k, time off, etc). Location is right off of 495. Lean manufacturing environment

Cons

Lots of blame for a supposed blameless environment. Many employees afraid to speak up when problems are found, and often overwhelmed by amount of work put on them which makes for a terrible work/life balance. Making money is clearly a higher priority as opposed to improving quality or design flaws. Unfortunately manufacturing management appears to dictate other essential Sales Operation functions. Temp employees often kept as temps as long as Mass state law allows.

Advice to Management

Too much time and money is wasted in changing layout of how thing are happening on the manufacturing floor.

"It's Ok"

Current Employee - Engineer in Boxborough, MA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Boxborough, MA

Pros

Small company, lots of opportunity to do a lot of things. Part of a larger company so you get the benefits that come with it.

Cons

Small business, very stressful environment. While great for growth the stress really gets to people. Many people come and leave - not much retention.

Advice to Management

There are a lot of forums to provide feedback to management within Setra Systems - I don't need to do that in this review.