Shape Corp Reviews | Glassdoor

"Launch Assistant"

Current Employee - Launch Assistant in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Launch Assistant in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shape is a great place to work for. Shape has great benefits. Shape hires internally for most positions. I started on third shift, worked hard, showed them what I'm capable of, and after 7 months I was promoted to an office position. Shape isn't necessarily perfect, but what company is. But Shape continues to strive towards excellence. I've worked for companies in which I don't have a lot of positive things to say. Shape is by far the best fit for me.

Cons

I have only positive things to say.

Advice to Management

Continue to show appreciation to the hardworking employees. Keep making Shape a great place to work! Continue to listen.

2. "Great company values, career development opportunities."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I worked at Shape Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rich benefits plan. Awesome bonuses. Health and wellness of employees is a focus. Free gym and health education events. Fresh Director level leadership team members are setting the example and paving the way for the company, when previous leadership did not. New President is focused on walking the walk and talking the talk.

Cons

Change resistant culture, although Director level leadership team is actively working to correct this. Lacks diversity...Predominantly male leadership team, with a few senior VP level members who "lead" with a regime of threats, profanity and scare tactics.

Advice to Management

Out with the old, in with the new.

3. "Run don't walk"

Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Quality Engineer in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefit package is great

Cons

Worst quality minded people have ever worked for
    Mid-Level managers are awful
    Plant Managers philosophy on quality is ... and i quote "lets find a way to make bad parts good"

Advice to Management

Take the Quality Management System seriously and start putting your customers first

5. "Shape Family Cuture"

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time

Pros

Great benefits package, awesome bonus program, fair wage, friendly team members. Leadership has a strong focus on innovation and the Shape Family culture.

Cons

Team members can be resistant to/hinder change.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing forward with innovation.

6. "Shape"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Affordable insurance, quarterly bonus, good reward system for perfect attendance and will pay for your apprenticeship and school.

Cons

Dirty,loud poor decision making hire in unmotivated people, supervisors are not good at following up.

Advice to Management

If you are young starting at this company I believe you can make a decent living if you follow the right path. Meaning going into the apprenticeship program.

7. "Quality Engineer"

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shape offers you a work environment that will challenge you professionally, respect your family values, and offer the extra perks and team building that other companies gave up on a long time ago. It is a larger company that treats you like family.

Cons

Like any company it has it cons. Shape recognizes its weaknesses and its Upper Management is working to improve in those areas.

8. "Testing Tech"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Shape offers competitive benefits, and has a fitness center. They really focus on having healthy employees, who care about the community.

Cons

One major con is working on the shop floor, where they can have mandatory overtime. When I first started at Shape as a manufacturing tech, I was working 40 hours a week, plus every other weekend. That went on for few months I was there.

Advice to Management

It would be nice if Shape offered a stipend for every year that an employee doesn't utilizes Shape's Healthcare benefits. Larger raises would be appreciated. It takes forever to top-out on pay.

9. "CAD Position"

Current Employee - CAD Designer & Detailer II in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - CAD Designer & Detailer II in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Shape Corp has great benefits, interesting products, and rewarding work. Company gym is a nice perk. All offices in Grand Haven are very close to each other.

Cons

Management is very isolated from the problems employees suffer. Many departments do not have the tools to do their job well. Band aid fixes work in a company of 100 people, not an international 1,000+ employee company.

Advice to Management

Talk to the common employees. Ask their opinions on their bosses. You will find lots of unrest.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - CI Manager in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - CI Manager in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shape has increased their manufacturing footprint to nearly every region around the world while still maintaining a strong foothold in West Michigan. This is not the typical go offshore with manufacturing and cut local jobs. Shape is rooted in the community they serve and the employees they employ. There is always an opportunity to advance in this organization with some hard work and effort

Cons

As a salaried employee I don't feel the direct burden of our overtime needs however I do know it is taxing on the employees who are mandated to work some weekends and its hard. Leadership is working to improve this on numerous fronts, its a con that is definitely on the upswing.

Advice to Management

Stay strong in your conjoined efforts, leadership is easy when there are record profits and everything is on the up and up. True leaders step to the plate when the outlook is not as bright and there is opportunity!

Shape Corp Response

Dec 5, 2016 – Corporate Communications

Thank you for input and feedback! Shape's growing global footprint is something we are proud of, and we'll continue to emphasize giving back to our local communities in and outside of Grand Haven ... More

11. "Easy to move up, hard to stay valued"

Current Employee - Process Engineering Technician in Grand Haven, MI
    Current Employee - Process Engineering Technician in Grand Haven, MI

I have been working at Shape Corp full-time

Pros

Its a great company to work for as you can quickly move through positions (Eligible for promotions every 6th month)

Cons

You can make significantly more money on the floor than in the office, making it hard to justify advancement and personal growth in certain cases.

Advice to Management

Do more to compensate low level salaried employees

Shape Corp Response

Aug 8, 2016 – Corporate Communications

We're glad you enjoy working at Shape, and we appreciate your feedback. Your input will be shared with the HR team. Thank you for being a part of the Shape Family!