Sharp Decisions Reviews | Glassdoor

Karen Ross

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Untitled"

I worked at Sharp Decisions part-time

Pros

Worked with some good people

Cons

Lots of drama, especially from HQ

2. "Technical Recruiter"

I worked at Sharp Decisions full-time

Pros

Sharp provided the tools needed to be successful as a recruiter. Licenses to LinkedIn Recruiter, jobs boards; DICE, Monster; an excellent database (Bullhorn), etc.
    Processes we fairly mature and back office support was excellent.
    Their VETS program was outstanding!

Cons

Culture changed significantly after Sharp purchased CN-tec. The "New York" way of doing business was not a positive change from the "relationship
     building and integrity" based attitude from previous years.

3. "Vets Program"

Former Employee - QA Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Sharp Decisions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can be used as a stepping stone

Cons

If you dont know the market value you can be screwed with money

4. "Good Group"

Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Technical Recruiter in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Sharp Decisions (More than a year)

Pros

Fair, honest and very cool work environment. Views of the mountains are wonderful.

Cons

Work from hom is not an option.

"Great Veteran Supporters"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Sharp Decisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Veterans accepted almost all the time. If you love traveling around the US, they have opportunities

Cons

Contract based and will need to move some where even if you like it or not

Advice to Management

Always have great opportunities, but always need to look out for Leads. The Leads are not always right.

"VETS Program at Sharp Decisions"

Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Quality Assurance Tester in New York, NY

I worked at Sharp Decisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provide entry level training for QA testing
    Issue a laptop
    CEO initially was passionate about the program
    Decent stepping stone to a career in IT

Cons

No growth opportunities
    Little to no Benefits
    Low salary way below market
    Sharp Decisions is a consulting firm so even though you are considered a full-time employee they act as a broker meaning you get sent to one of their clients. Unfortunately they have a limited amount of clients that take on VETS. And management does not hire internally as it creates overhead for them. Additionally, other then the initial training that was provided by them they have not offered any other training opportunities causing many to leave and seek other opportunities.

Advice to Management

Look at VETS as an investment
    Provide additional training
    Pay a decent rate

7. "Good firm"

Pros

Gives you the chance to do well....in biz for 25 years

Cons

No real cons to talk to...good people good firm

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

"An excellent company that takes care of its people and provides abundant opportunities for training and growth."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Sharp Decisions (More than a year)

Pros

As a part of the VETS program, I received paid training in multiple facets of Quality Assurance Testing. We covered not only various testing software, but business aspects of both the financial and health care industries as well. This greatly helped us to build a solid foundation on which we could support the needs of our clients. No matter our background (Air Force, Army, Marines, Navy, infantry, communications, mechanic, logistics, etc) all of us were trained from the ground up on QA, in an environment that allowed us to work as a team- something that we as prior military members greatly valued. Sharp Decisions continues to communicate with us even when we have been assigned to a client site. Weekly reports and conference calls keep us up to date on current events within Sharp, as well as providing management with our tasks and progress at the client site. It has been a very positive experience working here.

Cons

The only downside is inherent to all companies that offer consulting services. When a project at the client site ends, the client often ends their contract with the consultant, unless another project is available. For some, this means you're out on your butt again. This is not the case with Sharp Decisions. At Sharp, if we finish a project and our contract ends with a client, we're brought back right away to Sharp's main office. Management works tirelessly to ensure that new clients are lined up and new projects are available. Every measure is taken to provide new opportunities that are within our geographic preference. Between clients, we train. Whether it's learning new software and programs, or reviewing new changes in business standards for finance and health care, we are always productive- always ready to put our best foot forward for the next client.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to encourage new hires to the VETS program to communicate with anyone whom they served with and see if there are more potential candidates. We have a great sense of teamwork here. Bringing in veterans who were previously working alongside one another would be advantageous. I have seen an example of this at one client site, and the results were very positive.

"Vocation, Education and Training for Service members, VETS Program"

Current Employee - QA Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Sharp Decisions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sharp decisions is very professional and dedicated company. They've been very beneficial assisting Veterans employment. This VETS program that has been established in the past few years are helping us Veterans receive job opportunities for those looking to create a foothold into the IT field. On the job training with benefits which helps the transition from military to the corporate world.

Cons

The pace of the training is quick and Veterans need to be proactive in learning the materials. You get out, what you put into the training. You will learn the basics about being a QA Analyst but need to be self-aware of skills and be willing to progress beyond the training given.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve training and classes to expand this program.

"QA Analyst - V.E.T.S. Program"

Current Employee - QA Analyst V E T S Program in New York, NY
    Current Employee - QA Analyst V E T S Program in New York, NY

Pros

The V.E.T.S. Program is a great chance for veterans to take skills learned in the military and apply them to a great career opportunity. Made for Self-motivated go getters. They will give you the basic tools, training, and foundation needed to get into a fast paced technical field all across America.

Cons

Fast training will only give you the basics to help you survive in a field full of talented and experienced professionals. If you do not have the ability to learn quickly, self motivate, and work hard to expand your knowledge then this is not the program for you. Of course if you are then you will have a chance at a great career with many different avenues of progression.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard at expanding and giving military veterans the chance that no other companies are giving them.