Sheetz Reviews

3.9
Sheetz President Travis Sheetz
Travis Sheetz

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Good pay and it was very relaxed.(in 275 reviews)
  • "Benefits are good but same as all other employers.(in 189 reviews)
  • "Quarterly bonus and as long as you plan out your schedule ahead of time and change availability the scheduling is pretty great(in 77 reviews)
  • "The people were great and the constant keeping busy was nice.(in 61 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers over all and most work really hard and care about doing the right thing.(in 53 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Sheetz and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

May 22, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours and great benefits.

Cons

Customers can be irrational at times.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good company, horrible employees

Apr 8, 2022 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

tuition reimbursement, good pay, flexible hours, paid time off.

Cons

horrible managers, employees not welcoming, toxic work environment, favoritism Managers acted like high schoolers. There was always drama and somehow they were always involved in it. They talked about people behind their backs and any time someone new would come in they didn't make any effort to talk to them or get to know them. I can't tell you how many times managers have come to me, a regular sales person, and talked bad about another employee and looked for ways to get them in trouble over seemingly mindless things. I wasn't even close with these managers for them to be talking to me about someone else like that. They would even make fun of former employees. They would go on their Facebook and make fun of them with their employees. Who does that? And why are these people in charge? I got in trouble for saying I didn't like working there and when I was asked why I didn't like working there, I was honest and said I don't like the work environment and even though I had been there for a few years I didn't feel like people liked me. I had never done anything to these people and was always friendly but they always had something to say. They even went as far as making up something I said. My manager basically told me I need to handle the situation myself and talk to them rather than stepping in and addressing the real issue.

Talent Acquisition Advisor

We are disappointed to hear that you had a negative experience while working at one of our Sheetz stores. We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations as a company and would love to follow up with you about your individual experience at your location so that we can ensure that this isn’t something that happens again to future employees. Please feel free to contact our corporate office to speak with a staff member and provide us with your feedback regarding your experience.

3. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

May 23, 2022 - Store Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Pay is great, especially bonuses Great Benefits Great People to work with The Culture is unmatched The Training is world-class

Cons

Lack of Work/Life Balance Management Lack of Diversity in upper management

4. 4.0

Store Manager

May 21, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

M-F Day Shift Bigger bonuses Flexibility Upper management

Cons

Stressful Always trying to figure out staffing issues Not really Work Life balance 10 hour shifts M-F and always would have to stay Never felt like you had enough hours

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great employer

Apr 12, 2022 - Store Team Lead in Johnstown, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits were great. Pto available. Great coworkers.

Cons

The only issue I had was the point system they had for attendance. You got sick last minute and had to call off, you're getting points. You had to leave early cause of an emergency, you're getting points. You're 7 mins late that's a point, no matter the reason. I was fired cause of points. A lot of which I feel I didn't deserve, some yes. I couldve been better with not being late but if it wasn't for the points for things that are out of my control I'd still be employed.

Talent Acquisition Advisor

We understand that working at our Sheetz stores can be stressful and overwhelming at times. We work hard to provide our employees with a positive experience at all levels of our organization and will use this feedback to continue to improve our stores. Thank you for your review.

6. 5.0

Great company

May 17, 2022 - Currently Unemployed
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company always seemed to lookout for it's employees. Throughout the pandemic they made decisions to protect employees both financially and physically given the circumstances.

Cons

One of my only complaints was that budgeted hours did not always allow for full staffing.

7. 5.0

May 18, 2022 - Student Worker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good job to have and fun work space.

Cons

can be a tad stressful but every job has its own stress. Still good though.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

May 12, 2022 - Retail Salesperson
    Business Outlook

Pros

A company that truly cares about their employees. They give great benefits, train their management extremely well, and are always looking to help out their employees.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance is hard. It is very fast paced and co workers can be hit or miss but that is every job.

Talent Acquisition Advisor

Extraordinary employees like you are what make Sheetz happen! Thank you for your feedback!

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Not bad

May 17, 2022 - Sales Person
    Business Outlook

Pros

Cares about employees, has good HR.

Cons

Shift wars become common, and management positions have tight rules.

10. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Goodish

May 11, 2022 - Sales Associate in Butler, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay, somewhat easy work, location was nice

Cons

bad management, management and workers are always changing so nothing is consistent

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,731 Reviews

Sheetz Reviews FAQs

Sheetz has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 1,757 reviews left anonymously by employees. 76% of employees would recommend working at Sheetz to a friend and 69% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Sheetz employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Sheetz. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

76% of Sheetz employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Sheetz 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Sheetz to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, workplace, management.

Popular Careers with Sheetz Job Seekers