Sheetz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sheetz Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2018

2.1

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Typical questions from the store manager. Confirmed that they will not hire someone outside of company without food experience for assistant manager position. Even if you meet all the other qualifications. The DM likes to promote from within.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Statesville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Statesville, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

Went to a job fair where I interviewed with numerous managers. I passed the first round of interviews with store managers and was passed on to the district manager where I was interveiwed for about 40 minutes. Talked about anything and everything in regards to the position, company, and my personal experience. Was told they would call within a week. Got the call two days later with an offer. Went in and got my employee handbook and have to take a drug test/background check.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joppa, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Joppa, MD) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview was a joke. The woman who interviewed me appeared to have absolutely no idea what she was doing. She referred to the customers as "a**holes" and didnt even really ask me any questions. I think she honestly decided not to hire me the minute she saw me walk in the door. I tried to strike up conversation but i think she was too confused with trying to figure out how to operate the computer and conduct the interview to actually talk with me. It was frustrating simply because I felt that she didn't give me a fair chance. It seemed like a pretty good company to work for though. I interviewed in a pretty clean store and all the other employees seemed to be cheerful.

Interview Questions

• "...Alright ..so you've got experience with people from retail and stuff..so what would you do if a customer came in and they were just rude"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Martinsburg, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

It maintained a professional feeling without making it stressful. They were very thorough with their questions and took their time with the interview process. The best interviewing process I've been through.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greencastle, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sheetz (Greencastle, PA) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online & within 2 days I got an interview offer. I interviewed with a shift manager & she seemed to really like me. I was supposed to get a call back that Friday. After no call I called them back on Saturday & left a message. The next Wednesday I got a call asking me to do an interview with the hiring manager. That went alright, same exact questions as before. Once again I was supposed to get a call back on that Friday. After 2 calls & messages to them.,I got a call two weeks later informing me that since I had never had a job, I didn't have enough experience & that they filled the position with someone who had multiple jobs before.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Youngsville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Youngsville, NC) in January 2013.

Interview

I applied on line on Friday. I was called to schedule an interview on Sunday. I was interviewed on Thursday. The interviewer was very friendly. The interview lasted approximately 15 minutes. I was told that I would receive another call this Sunday to let me know if I would be given a second interview. I got a call Sunday as promised only to find out they hired someone else that was willing to work a lot of 3rd shifts.

Interview Questions

• If you had to choose between 3 places to work and they all offered exact pay, hours, and benefits, how would you decide which one to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (Frederick, MD) in August 2011.

Interview

applied, got called, asked my availability and hired me

Negotiation

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

Simple, basic, and straightforward, guy looked very friendly, and was comfortable to talk to, it was my inexperience with interviews, and inability to drive, that lead me to not get the job. Took about 30 minutes to complete the interview, I believe it took about 15 minutes to start the interview. Got offered a free soda while waiting, so that was nice.

Interview Questions

• Where you in any kind of troubling situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sheetz (High Point, NC) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a good interview manager was polite, he did say that I was overqualified for the job however needing some hours to make ends meet didnt make me feel very hopeful, plus working weekends is not what I am interested in anyways.

Interview Questions

• How I handle difficult customers   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Richmond, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

DM talked too much, didn't really seem like he wanted me to answer questions, he answered them for me. He kept interrupting me while I was trying to answer. I felt like I was pretty prepared for this interview but he wouldn't be quiet and let me talk