Sheetz Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2018

2.1

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Lynchburg, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

I received a voicemail asking me to set up an interview. I called back and set up the interview for the time they mentioned on the voicemail. However, when I showed up for the interview, I was told that the entire staff was in a meeting and the employees who were working were actually from another local store location. But the assistant manager from that location went ahead and sat down and interviewed me. She told me that she would give the information to the hiring manager when she returned from the meeting. I left and that was that.
    A week later I receive an email stating, “We’re sorry you missed your interview.” I was confused because I hadn’t missed my interview, but my interviewer had. I called the store and asked if there was some kind of miscommunication. The manager didn’t give me any kind of explanation, but she did set up another interview.
    I went to the second interview, which was supposed to be at 4p. At 4:15p, the hiring manager finally asked me to come back (keep in mind I was standing in the middle of this convenience store with no where to sit down). While I was waiting, another man came in for an interview at 4:15p. My interview lasted ~30 minutes, so I don’t know what happened to that poor guy.
    My interview was laid back and seemed like any other interview (although my interviewer did stop in the middle to take a phone call). I asked when I would be hearing back and was told it would be about a week.
    The next day I got a call asking me to come in for a second (third) interview. I couldn’t come in that week, so we scheduled it for Monday of the week after. The next day, I received a text message asking me to come in and interview on Wednesday, two days after my interview was scheduled on Monday (I hadn’t even been to this interview yet). I asked how many interviews I had to complete, because 4 interviews seemed a little excessive. All I got was a response saying that they looked forward to seeing me. I ended up accepting another offer and having to cancel the 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that relates to this position?   Answer Question

Open Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Greensboro, NC) in April 2018.

Interview

From what I'm told Sheetz has open interviews quite frequently, but I just so happen to catch the first one this year and I was super excited. The open interview process was very quick and straight to the point, I was interviewed by the manager of the store which I loved. She got straight to the benefits and the pay it was straightforward and honest. She then told me that she wanted to continue with application and tried to get me hired. So the whole hiring process took about a week and I just got done with background and drug test. I just wanted to share my personal experience from Sheetz and I don't have any complaints. Excited to work for the team!

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was asked about who I was, what level of education I had, scenario questions, and a few other questions that were not very difficult. However, I recommend looking the company up and now the important details.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

It was relatively easy. You interview with your DM, then RM, and then an HR person. They all collaborate and then determine if you are the right fit for the position. At that point you are approved for training. After your training, you have another interview with your RM.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing about your job?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

I had two interviews with two different locations. The first interview i didn't get the job but the second one I did. My manager was very nice and for it to had been my very first interview I was comfortable and confident. Very easy interview!

Interview Questions

• what skills can you bring to this job?   1 Answer

Salesperson Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz.

Interview

The interview process was very simple and straight forward. The management wants to know if a person has good work ethics. Good work ethics pertaining specifically to Sheetz are being able to work in a fast paced environment therefore being fast and efficient, reliable, and having good customer service skills. Good customer service is vital because Sheetz is known for their great total customer focus; want to make sure we can make customers have an excellent experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about Sheetz?   2 Answers
    • A customer is unsatisfied with the food an employee has made, how would you as a manager resolve the issue?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethel Park, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sheetz (Bethel Park, PA) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Was called in for an interview the next day. I came in and was asked questions. It was very casual and then I was told to take a drug test and fill out paperwork to get the job. After getting the test I was sent an email to start training.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at sheetz?   1 Answer

Overnight Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, NC

Interview

We sat down and proceeded to go through several questions mainly dealing with job experience, personal goals and expectations from the job. We ended with me asking any questions I had prepared.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Martinsburg, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sheetz (Martinsburg, WV) in September 2017.

Interview

It maintained a professional feeling without making it stressful. They were very thorough with their questions and took their time with the interview process. The best interviewing process I've been through.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsport, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sheetz (Williamsport, MD).

Interview

Application followed by a call in for two interviews. I interviewed with hospitality manager first as a one on one interview and then a panel interview for my second interview with the store manager and hospitality manager. Then they sent me to a drug test and once that came back I was called in to fill out all my paper work.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the job and what I could bring to the team   1 Answer