Silverback Executives Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Silverback Executives President Sal Dazzo
Sal Dazzo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "If you have a great attitude, you will succeed."

Current Employee - Event Coordinator and Trainer
    Current Employee - Event Coordinator and Trainer

I have been working at Silverback Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you are self-motivated and determined, this opportunity can unlock everything you ever wanted for yourself professionally and personally. While the hours are very long, you have a kot of fun with customers and your colleagues. If you are motivated by money, you can make a lot of money by investing a lot of time and effort. If you are motivated by travel, you are given multiple opportunities to travel for teaching, training, and relaxing. This organization has some diversity. It could use a little more but that is a work in progress which is promising. You grow at your pace and you will determine every bit of your progress in this business, be prepared though because growth means change.

Cons

Diversity could be improved upon, but the work is being put in to make that happen. Work/life balance is hard to maintain at times. Make sure you have given your support system the break down of the business. They may not understand the concept of time now for time later. If you are unwilling to take constructive criticism, this is not a business for you. We want you to be able to be the best version of you professionally so that others can emulate that too. If you take a long time to learn lessons, the business will not come as readily to you. You will see people grow quicker than you. If you are not mentally strong enough to see what you need to change and have a tendency to blame others or situations, this is not the business for you. However, if you are adaptable and perceptive to feedback and being impacted by those who are thriving and can have a great attitude for learning, you will succeed. The quicker you realize that you are going to have to drop the employees' mentality, the quicker you will thrive in this business. There is no room for negativity in this business which is not necessarily a con, but be prepared to be addressed if your attitude is crap!

Advice to Management

Keep learning and growing. We are only as strong as the weakest team members, so let's remember to build and train effectively. Thanks for leading by example.

"Amazing opportunity for Growth"

Current Employee - Training Manager in Worthington, OH
    Current Employee - Training Manager in Worthington, OH

I have been working at Silverback Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Silverback Executives has given me the opportunity to grow professionally. The team at Silverback Executives has everyone's best interest in mind, they have helped me to achieve professional growth that I did not think was possible. I came from a call center background with no knowledge of marketing, I was giving all the knowledge and tools needed to be successful. I am working with many people from different backgrounds and I have learned something from each of them. The atmosphere is challenging, motivating and fun. I have had the opportunity to travel not only within the United States but also to different countries. This has been an amazing journey and I cannot wait to see where it takes me!

Cons

If you are a goal driven person there are no cons. Silverback Executives is a marketing company that is goal oriented.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing your team. Sometimes we don't know what our potential is until someone believes in us and shows us the way!

"Fun and Unbalanced"

Former Employee - Training Manager in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Training Manager in Columbus, OH

I worked at Silverback Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The job was fun! The idea of being able to control how much you make for yourself was appealing to me. I also really loved how much everyone you work with truly cares about you, whether its your leader, someone on a different team, or your boss. Everyone is constantly reaching out to you to help you grow.

Cons

They didn't understand the separation of work and home life. I was constantly being asked or forced to attend after work events. We also worked 6 days a week and over 60 hours a week. Never finished the day when they said we would. Also worked way too much overtime and wasn't compensated for that.

Advice to Management

Cut down on your hours or let employees take a day off per week to rebalance their lives. Being married and working for your company was very difficult.

"I learned a lot"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Worthington, OH

I worked at Silverback Executives full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The skills that I have learned working there I can apply to not only my work life but my personal life as well. The main requirement is to be in a good mood which is a big shift from where I came from in the business world. The office treated my like family which was great and there was always someone to help me out whether it was from the office or from different states. I did leave due to personal reasons (One of my parents has fallen ill), but once he gets better I will be reapplying and hopefully they accept me back.

Cons

What we did was very hard and not typical if you are looking for a 9-5 position. You can make good money during the Training portion (My first few weeks I averaged $500 and once I got the marketing down it improved), which was not too bad. There were people who would work half weeks, come in late and include personal life into work, then complain about not making money which sometimes brought the mood down in the office, but again you have to make sure that leaving home at home is very important during the training and the hard work does pay off.

Advice to Management

I would advise management to keep up the progress and growth, for being an office for 1 year, and for being a part of a big portion of that year I have seen the changes which have been for the better, and to just keep up what you are doing! I miss you guys.

"Seemed like lies all around."

I worked at Silverback Executives part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very upbeat and want employees to start right away. Very fast paced and never boring environment.

Cons

Seemed like no one wanted to tell you how t really was. Pay was below minimum wage. I have no idea how anyone managed a decent way of life when they only worked for $50 a day and never got above minimum wage. (Guaranteed pay was 350/week working six days a week). Also lied to about position wishing company. They'll tell you in the interview they are hiring for three positions but really everyone is the same. Lots of drama with the job too. They hire anyone rather than qualified people and they will never separate personal life from work life. Also poor management style and handling.

Advice to Management

Be honest when you interview clients first. Tell candidates the job is really bombarding people while they're pumping gas to buy a product. Also quit flashing the trips as an icon to attract people and instead give the detail and real benefits of the job.