Sixt Reviews | Glassdoor

Sixt CEO Erich Sixt
Erich Sixt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "sehr fordernd, Work - Life - Balance nicht unbedingt gegeben" (in 9 reviews)

• "Long hours/overtime but can be paid if needed" (in 16 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Headquarters"

Current Employee - HQ Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - HQ Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Great, collaborative environment that provides a unique opportunity for professionals to start or further develop their career. At Sixt, I have been exposed to projects far beyond that of my peers from similar backgrounds and have been trusted with responsibilities that are befitting of someone with way more experience. Sixt USA has the combination of a start up approach, mixed with the backing of a massive, successful organization in Germany. Couldn't recommend this company more!

Cons

Those who work hard and perform are rewarded quickly. There is tremendous growth opportunity here. This is not the place to coast by.

Jun 25, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying working at Sixt. We also encourage our employees to work to the best of their abilities in order... More

2. "Good company, bad planning"

Former Employee - Car Rental Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Car Rental Agent in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good company with potential to grow within.

Cons

Bad planning, not customer service friendly.

Aug 27, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Here at Sixt we have a performance-based culture which results in many success stories in which our employees grow from within. Our Customer... More

"Fraudulent Sales Techniques Permitted"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the culture in headquarters along with the growth opportunities in the Miami Airport location. Compensation was good, Given a $600 monthly guarantee for your first six months of employment. I met many good people while working there.

Cons

Fraud and deception is the main sales "STRATEGY" used by “ALL” top performing sales reps. This creates a problem for people like me who did not succumb to such behavior. Telling customers that they NEED liability to be able to drive in Florida, telling customers that they NEED the toll package if they are going to be using the highways, selling one service at a specific price without telling the customer that they are actually paying for another two services they did not request within the price you quoted, after telling them they “HAD TO BUY IT”. It’s shameful! Management approves of this behavior, they are aware of it even thou they create the illusion that they aren’t, they also expect his behavior from you, their main concern is having the branches IRPD over 22.00, a very important metric used by corporate to calculate your monthly commission payout.

Schedule: The schedule was also a big factor in me quitting. There is no consistency! You get the new schedules every two weeks with different variation of time. You might come in one day from “5am – 1pm” followed by “2:30pm – 10:30pm” followed by “6pm – 2am.” Horrific work life balance!

Management: Most of the managers I came across lacked basic leadership skills. I was ridiculed by two of them due to the way I communicate with people. I get the feeling these people are managers due to their tenure with the company and not their ability to lead a team.

Advice to Management

Improvements start with a dynamic and knowledgeable leadership team. The people you have promoted as managers are not fit to lead, they are glorified sales reps who only care about the bottom line “More money”, and care very little about making a positive difference in their employees’ lives or the customers. Bring in quality people and stop promoting due to tenure with the company alone. Put an end to FRAUD immediately. There was another Rental Sales Agent who left the company due to the same reason I left. It's a bad feeling when management in the branch expects the SAME production from you while knowing what that production entails “FRAUD”.

Aug 27, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there, we’re glad you enjoyed the team along with the competitive compensation structure. One of our priorities is providing ample growth opportunities as we promote from within.

Preventing... More

4. "Rental Sale Agent"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Sixt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can make a ton of money if you're motivated and good at sales.

Cons

The benefits are overly expensive.

Aug 9, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for writing a review! We try and compensate our employees for their hard work. Also we are constantly looking for ways to better our benefits package. We fix our rates due to tenure... More

5. "Not what it used to be"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Sixt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovative for the most part. Nice cars, nice uniforms, you can make money if you hustle. Great as an entry-level position, you will learn how to run a business if you have the right manager.

Cons

Leadership has changed. As the saying goes "you don't what you have until its gone." I remember when they had our backs, now its all about the money. Leadership is afraid of Germany, it's not about the employees who drive the company. I'm young and saw myself retiring here, however, with the recent changes in management, its turned into Corporate America with a German twist.

Advice to Management

Invest in training managers, upper management needs to get a backbone. Money isn't everything.

Aug 27, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We are so glad to hear you enjoy the innovation here at Sixt, along with our luxury fleet and uniforms. We provide our employees the ability to grow... More

6. "Really cool"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits and training in Florida headquarters

Cons

Commission is really hard sometimes

Advice to Management

Support employees at the counter

Aug 6, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hey there! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time here at Sixt in the Miami location! We pride ourselves on our extensive training program and our benefits package. Our Base Plus Commission... More

7. "Rental Sales Agent"

Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Sixt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

PTO is great, great health benefits,great first job,

Cons

Deal with a lot of entitled customers, Micromanaging, NO ROOM TO MOVE UP if you do not have a degree

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees who want to move up, Don't harass your employees

Jun 25, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

We appreciate you taking the time to review Sixt. We are happy to hear you are enjoying our PTO and benefit packages. We did want to make you aware of many of the opportunities that are available to... More

8. "Csa /rsa"

Former Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Dallas, TX

I worked at Sixt (More than a year)

Pros

20 days vacation after a yr

Cons

Management doesn’t listen doesn’t promote employees rather hire an Outsider then promote within no opportunities for growth stagnant

Advice to Management

Listen to employees everyone isn’t a German machine promote from within give ppl more opportunities

Jun 25, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hey there! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are happy to hear you enjoy our PTO plan. We fully believe in the “work hard, play hard” mentality. In regards to your experience with... More

9. "Jr Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Sixt full-time

Pros

Fantastic trainers/ training programs. Very detailed and organized! This is a great company to jump start your career. You will be given all the tools and guidance you need to be successful.

Cons

No Cons at this time

Jun 25, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your review! We’re so glad to hear you are enjoying your employment with us. We have a vast training program to ensure your success. Good luck at Sixt and we are happy to hear from you!

"Garbage of a company"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Agent in Miami, FL

I worked at Sixt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None, no loyalty, changed pay structure over night. They will act as if they care but will turn their back on you in no time. No true leadership from management. I must say that I met some great coworker there that I became friends with.

Cons

No weekends off, worked Christmas and New Years. Management not there when support is needed

Advice to Management

Hire some leaders

Aug 28, 2018 – Social Media Specialist

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are happy to hear you were able to get along with, and even become friends with your coworkers. We have a competitive pay structure based... More