58% would recommend to a friend
(12 total reviews)
100% approve of CEO
Found 12 of over 12 reviews
Updated Jul 24, 2022
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0Jul 24, 2022Line CookCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsCranston, RI
Option to pick your work
Getting to the Boston jobsSnapchef Response2y
We appreciate your review; we kindly ask you to pass by the office and discuss your transportation needs. We are always looking to help our employees every way we can!
- 1.0Apr 28, 2022Line CookFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWorcester, MA
- Will provide transportation to and from job site, but if you make more than minimum wage then this will come out of your paycheck each week. - They will hire pretty much anyone.
- They provide job training which they market as an "educational opportunity" so that they can get away with not paying you for 20+ hours. - Minimum wage. They make about $40/hour from accounts for your work. - Not eligible for benefits until a year of service. Hours are not guaranteed. - Management expects you to come into the office at 5 am and wait around for available work. The time spent waiting is not paid & doesn't always result in you getting sent out to a job site. - Most job sites are local or within 1/2 hour drive, but some are 1+ drive one way. - I've seen management refuse to provide job references for dozens of employees... they are not interested in seeing you do better for yourself.Snapchef Response2y
I am sorry to hear about your bad experience with our company, we never want anyone to walk away feeling the way you are. Our educational program is not designed to scam you out of 20 hours of pay, it is to enhance your knowledge so that we may up your pay, and pay you for more advanced level positions. This would normally come at a cost to you, of over $700. Unlike most temp agencies, you ARE our employee and therefore we offer you benefits and sick time, I am sorry that the waiting period made you unhappy but again, this is something we offer that is different than almost any other employment agency in our area. It sounds like overall we were not a good fit for you and that's okay, it happens BUT if you would like to chat a little more about your experience and there is a way I can rectify this for you, please feel free to email directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.0May 26, 2022Retail Sales AssociateCurrent Employee
They send you out on many different types of accounts. It isn’t difficult to get time off when you need it. They supply you with much of your uniform.
You end up being sent out to jobs with people that have serious substance abuse problems. It isn’t cheap for people to hire someone from SnapChef and that will cause resentment among the full time employees of the place that you are being sent to.
- 5.0Jun 2, 2022Line CookCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsSpringfield, MA
They send you to a different place each & every day unless needed at same place for several days or weeks ECT.
It is temporary & to get Hired from these companies you are sent to they have to buy your contract out which I believe could be very expensive.Snapchef Response2y
Thank you for your feedback and glad to hear you enjoyed the variety of job locations and felt welcome within our diverse team! Regarding temp to perm, we also frequently convert workers from Snapchefs to full-time employees of our top-tier hospitality and foodservice customers where they continue their career advancement.
- 5.0Jan 13, 2022Anonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Is a fast pace growing franchise ( allowing for personal and professional growth to take place with the organization ) Work / Life balance has been ideal and always been encouraged by the owners. Pay is very ideal for all employees whether they are management or not. Management is always ready to listen to their team members about any problems and help find a solution to solve it
Covid might be a set back but wont hold us back for long !
- 1.0Jan 10, 2022Operations ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearWorcester, MA
Paycheck & proximity to home
Toxic management in specific office(s) hence the consistent revolving door of talented management. Employees being serviced/staffed will be guilted into work or penalized by Operations. Unsafe, unhealthy and unprofessional office in Worcester. Flip flopping management bonus structure and no 401k as listed in job posting…multiple months in to find out it was non-existent current benefit.
- 2.0Apr 9, 2019CookFormer Employee, less than 1 yearProvidence, RI
Transportation provided Request a raise every 3 months Can meet different chefs and see other workplaces. See what works and what doesn't.
Will have to wait 1-2 hours to get picked up after a shift. Will often get you to the worksite late. Takes over 2 months for raise requests to go through. They pay you less than you would make if you worked at that position for that other company. Inconsistent hours. Getting 20 hours one week, and 45 the next. Large breaks of no work during the summer and winters without any notice in advance. No benefits. If you work a shift just add 3-4 hours extra of your day then that will be your daily life at SnapChef. Just apply to the places personally you will be making 2-3$ more an hour.1
- 2.0Dec 19, 2016ChefFormer Employee, more than 1 yearBoston, MA
Snapchef is a temp agency specializing in cooks. Sometimes, the jobs were very good, some not so much. Almost every place I worked wanted to hire me permanently, however due to my work ethic.
The turnover in management was ridiculous because it was a terrible work environment. cooks I was told I would receive a certain pay rate and later, I was paid $1.00 less per hour. There was also a lot of infighting and general disrespect between management and employees as well as some employers.1