Snelling Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated February 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Rating Trends Rating Trends
TImothy Faber

1. "Great company to work for"

I have been working at Snelling full-time

Pros

Management is nice. Finds you work close to your home and always work fulltime hours.

Cons

some places you work at are unorganized

Advice to Management

keep doing the good work you do .

2. "On Life Support and Fading Fast"

I have been working at Snelling full-time

Pros

Some wonderful people to work with, in the field and at HQ. Unfortunately, none of them are in Senior Leadership, except the HR Director.

Cons

A ship without a rudder . . . Senior leadership has no idea how to bail out this sinking ship or how to grow its business on the street. The Franchisees, which make up most of Snelling, seem so disenfranchised, they seem to have little or no respect for those running this show. Snelling is not investing enough in its branches, employees or its future. Moral here in SellingWorld SUCKS, it seems like most of us are in CYA mode or are looking elsewhere, for a more stable company. Leadership seems non-existant at HQ, they are never available and when they do respond, it is usually too late. If you are considering Snelling, then run, don't walk to another more stable company.

Advice to Management

Get your heads out of your behinds and treat your employees like valued team members, not a disposable pawn. Try setting a good example by working a full day, coming into work on time and leaving when the rest of us are expected to. It seems like you have already lost your franchisees attention and commitment, try to better support your few remaining branches and the people working here for you day in and out. But, why waste my words here? We suspect that Snelling is most likely being positioned and packaged for sale, so let the smoke & mirrors continue.

3. "staffing assistant"

Former Employee - Staffing Assistant in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Staffing Assistant in Denver, CO

I worked at Snelling (Less than a year)

Pros

fun busy challenging good loyalty

Cons

there werent really any cons

Advice to Management

i have no advice for management

5. "UPS"

I have been working at Snelling part-time

Pros

It's a fairly easy job. They give you 8 hours. The hours also fluctuate depending on peaking season.

Cons

Some of the security guards take their job too seriously. That's mind control. There job is too easy sitting on their behind.

6. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Snelling full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay, Management, challenge, opportunity and networking

Cons

The unpredictability of people and a couple of other things that are outside of the companies control.

7. "Recruiter"

I have been working at Snelling full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent training program. You really learn how to work all sides of recruiting: sales, business development, contract negotiation, talent sourcing and coaching, etc. If you have any desire to go into business for yourself (either with their franchise model or on your own) this is a great place to learn the ropes.

Cons

The base pay is terrible. Nothing anyone can live on. Going into my 3rd quarter and finally starting to make commissions. I've had to tap into savings every month just to get by. This is normal, it's not a knock on my performance. Everyone who works at my office has walked this line. Some take even more time. I was told no one had ever made less than $42k their first year, but after starting work there and getting to know other recruiters I heard that first year had even been like $25k or less. There are no medical benefits.

Advice to Management

Raise the base to a livable wage for the first year. Provide medical benefits. Its hard enough beginning a career based on commissions to have to struggle financially while you do it.

8. "Director of Human Resources"

Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources Director in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Snelling full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, employees are dedicated to helping others, for a small company the benefits are very good.

Cons

The temporary business is very competitive and with unemployment being low, it makes it difficult to find the right employee for each position

"Horrible"

Pros

Pay is weekly but that's about it

Cons

They never payed me here it is Friday and the supervisor both texting back the main phone isn't being answered I can't get in contact with anybody about my Check they don't like to give breaks I worked a 11 hour shift with only one break there not consistent in any way

10. "Accuntant"

Pros

Snelling did an excellent job helping me find employment. The Fort Collins, CO branch is very professional and efficient. Working with them made me feel that they were truly partnering with me by being attentive to my concerns and listening to me. I got a job with my first interview.

Cons

I have absolutely no complaints with Snelling. None.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! There are many staffing agencies out there. Snelling is the best.

"Horrible"

Pros

None none none none none

Cons

They never call or email back when they have jobs. They are horrible to work for and not understand.
    They pay a lower amount then what the actual company will pay you for (and they're hiring).