KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Solera Reviews

Updated Sep 16, 2021

Found 953 of over 1,094 reviews

Solera Interim CEO Darko Dejanovic (no image)
Darko Dejanovic
Pros
  • "Free Food - Free Gym - Free Drama(in 29 reviews)

• "Catered Breakfast mon-Thursday , free snacks & great people(in 12 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The biggest challenge I’ve encountered is work/life balance(in 19 reviews)

• "The product is a hard sell type of position, there is HIGH turnover(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

The latest conversations about Tech

Sales Engineer

158 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Solera and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to work

Jul 2, 2021 - Strategic Growth Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture. Stable. Growth. competitive compensation. respectful leadership. Genuinely care about employees

Cons

Really no major cons to mention

2. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You will be treated like a number if you do actual work instead of management

Aug 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Compensation is reasonable. Care about safety (remote work friendly). Deep and extensive industry experience. The CEO is level headed, relatable and competent.

Cons

Too many surprise layoffs. They give you very short notice for massive changes to your role. Lack of stability due to major changes to roles due to massive in-shoring efforts. I have had 4 different managers in a short time. I don't get enough time to get to know my colleagues since human resources are shuffled constantly. Feeling stress due to the lack of stability in the company org structure. Overly focused on in-shoring employees from countries with low cost of living. If you like being a manager of foreign, remote workers, you will excel. However, if you enjoy doing engineering work, your role will eventually be replaced by someone working from Mexico. Company is having lots of friction due to integrating all the acquired companies and products into a cohesive platform. Can't get access to the codebases that I needed to do a more effective job due to role/product/team segmentation. Work-life balance will be impacted for the majority of employees for the foreseeable future.

3. 1.0
      Current Employee

worst leaders, worst culture and even worse customer reputation

Sep 6, 2021 - Sales Executive in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

free coffee and water to stay productive

Cons

- awful reputation in the market with customers (ask if you can speak to a happy customer during the interview process) - leaders at the C-Level are only focused on exiting and making a payout as the company is flipped in either a public sale or a foolish new owner - no stock or equity for employees except for the upper management (ask about stock in the interview process you wont get any its all tucked upstairs with senior leaders) - keystroke monitoring software to make sure you are working - CEO never speaks to employees on a regular basis unless its to tell them they're lousy, unproductive, and should get other jobs if they can't hack the work - product organization has been gutted and theres no one to work on products - integration with other recent companies is a mess and customers are confused as are internal employees - raises and promotions consist of minimal 5-10% increases in base pay and most increases in the commission bonus side of your pay so it can be subject to hold, non-payment, or you simply wont hit the high targets - bonuses haven't been paid from last year for all employees and its september - i simply can't keep writing all the negatives there's too many

4. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Do your research, make sure this is the company you want to work for.

Sep 10, 2021 - Sales Representative in Westlake, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Catered lunch, decent office location. Some of the products are well received in their marketplaces, for now.

Cons

My experience was pretty much on par with the negative reviews from sales. I noticed an open contempt for US-based employees from some of the senior leadership. There was a lot of underboard salesmanship, and it seemed like that activity and behavior got rewarded before honesty and integrity. I was with the company four years and senior management changed four times. I enjoyed the products I sold and the customers I worked with. Also worked with some good friends along with some of the most despicable people of my career. It really did seem like one corporate malfunction after another over and over, just kicking the can. I do find it interesting that a lot of the good reviews here are very vague

2 people found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Former Employee

Struggling to Stay Relevant

Sep 10, 2021 - Senior Account Management in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have been the leader in their industry for 3 decades. Customers know the brand.

Cons

Terrible product issues - lots of legacy debt which inhibits growth into new platform. New applications look good but they seldom get it over the goal line. It is very difficult to support an organization that is behind. The acquisition by Vista Equity has not been favorable. Now hiding this under-performing asset in another portfolio company, Solara, is nothing but an attempt to wring every penny out before the competition completely picks them apart.

6. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Misleading position

Sep 16, 2021 - Scheduler in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

clean office full-time hours resources food occasianklky

Cons

DUll atmosphere the job was not as described in the interview MAnagement unsure

7. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

If they buy you, expect to be laid off.

Jul 19, 2021 - Customer Success Manager II in Draper, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

My time here was short, so I wasted no time at a company that uses spyware to invoke fear of being fired into their employees.

Cons

I worked at the company purchased by Solera for half a decade. Solera bought us about a month ago. In my short time being employed by Solera, I experienced the following. The first thing they did after buying our company was announce they were putting spyware on our machines. Any company that uses spyware as an excuse to let you work from home is not a company worth working for. We deal with sensitive customer information, including credit card numbers and SSNs. The spyware allows them to take a screenshot of your desktop at any time, but they "totally promise not to use that feature." If it's a feature of the program, it's going to be used. No one trusts your hollow promises. They reduced our workforce by half and dumped the extra work on the team members left behind without any increase in pay and no plans to hire anymore people. If your company is bought by Solera, start looking for a new job right away. They are a nightmare corporation that should be avoided at all costs.

31 people found this review helpful
    8. 3.0
      Former Employee

Omnitracs review

Sep 7, 2021 - Junior Android Developer in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good managers good teams good benefits

Cons

Recently laid off a lot of positions in US including some senior levels and outsourced them to Mexico. Only given two weeks for employers who have worked there over 10 years to "transfer" their knowledge to their replacement in Mexico.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Food on the table but at the cost of many headaches

Aug 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible Schedules. New equipment. Elevators.

Cons

Covid caused the South Jordan office to be consolidated and close operations. The global nature of the company is hard to review but things were often fixed with bandaids and resources would always shrink as the problem grew bigger. Pay was low and morale was low.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee

This company is changing for the good

May 28, 2021 - Account Executive in Westlake, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The biggest thing that has been implemented for new employees, is a rigorous base camp training that lasts for 3 weeks. There is a lot of teaching going on, interaction with many of the higher ups and the environment within the office is great. The managers are very approachable and people are willing to help you. This company wants you to succeed. There were questions that people who are in the same position as me would ask directors, that I would have never been asking my former employer. Exiting base camp, you will be prepared and will be confident when you step out on the floor. You will have to make calls, but if you do what the managers want you to do, you will be successful. They have a lot of experience and knowledge and they will help you grow.

Cons

Some of the current lower level position people who have been here for a while have negatively influenced some of the newer reps. I wish that when I was being recruited, my recruiter would have been stressed how important base camp actually is. I wish there would have been more people in base camp with me that were participating more than me.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 953 Reviews