KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Technical Account Manager

60 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They also do a good job of trimming the team to the best culture and talent fit.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The team is talented and is committed to doing good work.(in 4 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Great Company, Great People

Nov 20, 2020 - Senior Software Developer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great People and Lots of Autonomy.

Cons

Workload can occasionally be high, although rare.

2. 5.0

Transparent (and fun) team to join, even during Covid

Sep 11, 2020 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The interview process was very transparent and I was kept updated of all the next steps. I love how hands-on management is--they are working alongside everyone and it makes you realize the entire team truly cares about what the team and the work we do. The team itself is supportive, helpful, and FUN to work with.

Cons

None, other than the fact I started during a global pandemic, so I haven't gotten to meet most people in person yet.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Culture and Great People

Jun 10, 2020 - Digital Marketing Strategist in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture is fantastic. It's collaborative and supportive. There are tons of opportunities to both contribute and learn from others. The leadership is very intentional about hiring the right people to keep this environment. Because it's still small in terms of staff, there is room to grow and innovate. Come with new ideas and creativity - it's appreciated and recognized. Client industries and projects are varied enough to keep keep things interesting. Things are very process-driven and organized - yet each task for different clients and projects offer unique challenges. The company practices it's core values both internally and in serving it's clients.

Cons

I have not seen any.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great People and Culture!

Sep 10, 2020 - Team Member
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best thing about Solid Digital is the team. The people here are talented individuals that enjoy collaborating. Management cares and listens to employee recommendations and feedback. They have implemented a variety of benefits throughout the years to ensure employees are happy and comfortable.

Cons

None to share--fun place to work!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The people + culture at Solid make it an amazing place to work

Jan 22, 2020 - Project Manager in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team at Solid Digital is what makes it such a great place to work. One of my favorite things about going to work each day is knowing I get to collaborate with so many creative, smart, and funny individuals. As a small team, everyone is willing to pitch in where needed and I know if I need help, my team will have my back. One of Solid's core values is Honest Guidance and I think this is exemplified in the culture. The team is encouraged to always ask questions and share learnings with each other to ensure we are always growing as a team.

Cons

None to share--great place to work!

Human Resources

Thanks so much for taking a moment to share! We're so glad you're happy to be part of the Solid Digital team!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Culture, culture, culture

Jan 22, 2020 - Marketing in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, supportive culture. Super talented team. Fun, collaborative clients. Tons of opportunity for growth and participating in decision-making.

Cons

Minor operational hiccups as the company continues to scale high-touch services.

Human Resources

Thank you for the great review, we are glad you had a positive experience during your time at Solid Digital. Wishing you the best in your career.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A fun unique place to work

May 3, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work for a developer with lots of chances to learn from an experienced team. The company is still small enough that you get to hear about and sometimes give input into other aspects of the business besides tech. You get to hear what the leadership team is thinking.

Cons

Right now the company feels like a tight knit team, but if it gets any bigger, it might not. Cooperation between departments is not always smooth. Sometimes our written values do not jive with trying to hit the budget. Sometimes there's not enough help / direction on how to achieve / move towards high level objectives.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Helpful, hard-working, realistic group

Jun 25, 2018 - Web Developer in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

* balanced work ethic - it's not one of those places where you see people sitting around and wonder what they do all day; yet the office is empty soon after 5. * helpful, positive attitude - "can-do" is the most common sentiment, and if you can't the team is very willing to teach. * collaborative planning and production - production is encouraged to pipe up if budgets/schedules don't seem realistic; for the most part, you're only responsible for the work you agree to.

Cons

* ambiguous career path - no clear path for career growth or moving up in the organization, though periodical reviews make space for such conversations.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Great culture, interesting work, lots of freedom

Jun 7, 2019 - Visual Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome people who care about the quality of their work and their fellow employees. Small team, fun culture, and snazzy little office. You'll gain a ton of experience and everybody is willing to teach/learn. Management listens, so you'll do well if you're ambitious and come to the table with ideas and solutions. Good coaching and opportunity to grow in your role. Great work/life balance.

Cons

As with any agency, workload varies throughout the year...but if you're driven, you can make the most of your downtime by honing your skills or learning something that'll help the team. You have to self-manage a bit. Small team, so not too much upward mobility.

10. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great people; serious internal problems

Oct 14, 2017 - Designer in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great place to build your portfolio - Kind, funny, and laid back co-workers - People that care about both your personal and career growth - Ability to work from home - New downtown office - Casual environment - Perks are great

Cons

- People are in leadership positions that don't belong in that role - Passive aggressive people that avoid issues - Process is undefined and scattered - Responsibilities and people are not held accountable - You will be overworked and taken for granted - Leadership only cares about numbers and will skip steps to launch a project - Lack of respect between different departments - You will be underpaid for your true responsibilities - Things will progressively get worse

7 people found this review helpful

CEO

First off, I want to mention that I appreciate this review and find much of the criticism of the company truthful and valuable. It is my opinion, as a leader of a small business that's growing very quickly, feedback like this is going to help more than hurt us as we move forward. I am glad to hear all the positive comments under the "Pros". For most of the "Cons" I can tell you we are actively working to improve each item: Leadership roles: We are taking our time to make sure that the people in the decision making positions are the right players. We jumped too quickly into bringing too many to the table. Passive Aggressive People: I can't change the way others behave when it comes to conflict, but I am personally working on my own shortcomings when it comes to taking on issues directly. Undefined Process: I believe this is incorrect. The process is very well documented and defined, but the problem is that it's not being adhered to. Much of this comes from the challenges of a merger and transitioning a new team to a new way of working. It's a work in progress, for sure. Accountability: This goes back to leadership oversight and following process. If we're ok letting people go outside of process then we're failing at accountability. This is a great point that I am taking to heart. Overworked: Obviously I hate hearing this as I am someone who takes my family time very seriously. We do work very hard here and it's an entrepreneur-style environment. Just because I may work a lot of hours throughout the week doesn't mean I expect our team to match me. We are actively hiring more people to hopefully reduce the load. I would also like to mention that the employees who take on side work have commonly been the ones I notice express discontent with work-life balance. We understand that designers and developers have opportunities to use their skills outside of our business and we have not made any rules against it, but with that flexibility should come a sense of responsibility about how that impacts your overall working experience. Leadership only cares about Numbers: We try to run as transparent of an organization as we can... and I believe that can sometimes have a negative effect. We run an open book company which means all of our financials are visible to the entire company. When you use that data to impact decisions and share that with the team it may be interpreted that it's all we care about. It isn't. And in fact, this was brought up to us as an issue and we are trying to adjust the way (and how often) we communicate the financials so that it doesn't seem like the only thing we are focused on. Skip Steps: Yes we do. It's a bad habit. Underpaid: I believe we pay fairly, but we are typically under market when compared to other companies (not agencies). The solution starts with more sales and higher efficiency when it comes to delivery. That's not something I can change overnight. So until then, we like to get our team involved in how we think we can improve things and I assume it will lead to better pay for everyone. Things Get Progressively Worse: The only things I can't agree with in the list, at all. We are an iterative business that experiments with how to make our organization better. When something doesn't work, we change it. It may not be the right way the first time or the next 10 times after that, but we can't afford not to try without optimistically hoping that our attempt won't help us move toward being a better company. We actively request input from our employees and customers to help us improve everyone's experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Reviews