Sorenson Engineering Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Sorenson Engineering Reviews

Updated 11 Sep 2018

3.9

"Bring your "A" game."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Yucaipa, CA

I have been working at Sorenson Engineering full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have worked at Sorenson Engineering for more than 5 years. It is a great place to work with a lot of wonderful employees - all committed to achieving the best results by doing their best every day. This company is always innovating and improving which means as an employee needs to be committed to achieving excellence 100% of the time. If you are reading this review because you are thinking you may want to apply... for work at Sorenson Engineering, be prepared for the challenge.

Cons

Some employees gossip too much.

Advice to Management

Need more department managers.

Sorenson Engineering2017-01-30

April 10, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your comments.

"Quality Engineering Intern"

Former Intern - Quality Engineering Intern in Yucaipa, CA

I worked at Sorenson Engineering for less than a year

Pros

-People that work there are incredibly friendly and make you feel at home immediately -Managers are great, definitely take the time to help you get organized despite being busy

Cons

-Not a lot of structure for interns. If you're like me, you end up creating your own role, so I would say you have to be a self-starter -Little to minimal training -Mostly solo work (con for me since I like group work)

Advice to Management

For future interns, I would recommend having projects that could be completed within a span of 3-4 months. There is a lot to be done at Sorenson, so ask the managers/supervisors what they think would most help improve the current processes and procedures done at SEI. You'd be surprised what they are capable of if you give them a little bit of responsibility! I'd also recommend having them present their final... project or report to Steve and Dave and their current supervisor, this will help keep your interns accountable. Otherwise, thank you so much for the experience!

Sorenson Engineering2018-09-12

February 6, 2019Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your comments regarding your time at Sorenson Engineering. Your advice to management will be delivered to our Director of Engineering. Our Internship program is a program where the interns are placed in a regular position for a limited amount of time to gain work experience. Our interns (usually)do deliver a presentation at the end of their internship. It looks as though yours was not scheduled before your departure, we apologize for that oversight. We hope that you were able to learn something to advance your career while you were interning at Sorenson Engineering.

"Manufacturing Engineer"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer

I worked at Sorenson Engineering full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Technology driven company, good working environment, managers have a good goal, and everyone cares for each other. Worked here for three years and I can say I truly enjoyed every minute of it. Recommend this company if you want to challenge yourself.

Cons

Only con I can think of is the company's failure to address recurring quality problems although they are starting to address this.

Sorenson Engineering2017-01-26

April 10, 2017Human Resources Manager

Dear Former Employee, thank you for your comments, the Quality Assurance Manager will be notified of your comments.

"Great place for driven professionals"

Technology Engineering

I have been working at Sorenson Engineering

Pros

Technology driven company that pushes the boundary of what is possible. I have worked here for nearly a decade and have been rewarded according to the effort I have put in. This is company that expects 120% and when employees give their 120% they are rewarded accordingly. Leadership of the company is focused on developing a world-class organization based on the best technology.

Cons

Long hours are sometimes required to get the job done. Leadership can sometimes fail to communicate to the employees what the direction of the company is. It is a job shop and sometimes, when the work isn't there, tough choices are made.

Advice to Management

Please improve communication to the employees, continue to invest in the best technology and continue to pursue big opportunities.

Sorenson Engineering2015-11-18

April 10, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for your comments. Communication is key, we will make every effort to improve communication.

"review"

I have been working at Sorenson Engineering full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good employer, plenty of challenging opportunities, good group of fellow employees

Cons

work is difficult in nature

Sorenson Engineering2015-10-30

April 10, 2017Human Resources Manager

Thank you for recognizing the challenge of working at Sorenson Engineering. As a zero defect business, we have a relentless drive for perfection. Our highly skilled problem solvers face the industry's toughest challenges. Thank you for your dedication.

"Run As Fast As You Can"

I worked at Sorenson Engineering full-time

Pros

There is nothing that I can say positive about this company

Cons

No chance for advancement, no raises, poor pay.

Advice to Management

They are too snobbish to accept any advise.

Sorenson Engineering2015-10-24

April 10, 2017Human Resources Manager

Dear former employee, Thank you for your comments, we wish you had a better experience while working here at Sorenson Engineering.

"Lack of organization and training for new employees"

Former Intern - Quality Intern in Yucaipa, CA

I worked at Sorenson Engineering for less than a year

Pros

Most people are very friendly there.

Cons

Was never given the detailed training schedule that I was supposed to follow. One of the people supposed to train me never took time to work me during the 5 weeks I was to work with her. Many workers won't speak in English when speaking to one another about projects or what is going on.

Sorenson Engineering2014-10-09

May 9, 2018Human Resources Manager

Dear Former Intern; Thank you for your comments, SE has a very robust internship program with learning opportunities in many departments throughout the company. It is unfortunate that you were not satisfied with your internship.

"No teamwork environment"

I worked at Sorenson Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small company, so most people get acquainted with each in less time than bigger companies.

Cons

Not enough communication exchanged between employee and manager especially with projects. I almost went through a whole project with my manager checking on my work and showing any kind of concern or involvement.

Advice to Management

Treat all employees equally and don't display any favoritism. Employees want to feel like they're are appreciated for their hard work.

Sorenson Engineering2013-09-19