Source One Management Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Steven Belli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Guys"

I worked at Source One Management Services full-time

Pros

Great people, great team and a good culture

Cons

Too much focus on one client

2. "Project Analyst Intern"

I have been working at Source One Management Services part-time

Pros

Great work environment, can work from home in bad weather

Cons

No growth opportunities, management does not incorporate feedback, long hours outside of stated hours, below market pay

Advice to Management

Incorporate more reviews of employees and pay better

3. "Actual Good Consulting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Willow Grove, PA

I have been working at Source One Management Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyone is challenged to add value - to strike a balance between following a proven process - and throwing the playbook out the window when it's warranted. You are encouraged to take risks, to be candid about your needs and wants, to learn from your mistakes, and to help others learn as well.

Cons

I think in any company where you don't have hundreds and hundreds of coworkers, small problems or issues tend to get magnified and blown out of proportion as people take things personally that aren't meant to be.

The reward for good work is more work!

Advice to Management

Continue to be adaptive to the needs and wants of your employees

"Uninspiring Company."

Former Employee - Project Analyst in Willow Grove, PA
    Former Employee - Project Analyst in Willow Grove, PA

I worked at Source One Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Company has a customer base with a broad category spectrum; if you play your cards right and like playing office politics you can learn and move from category to category to learn. Some of the people are friendly.

Cons

Desk consultants, the team did not travel to the customer sites, most of the analysis is made in excel going through hundreds (or thousands) of invoices that a poor intern needs to download and capture into a spreadsheet.

People seems to be fighting for its own agenda; not much collaboration and lots of hall politics. The Company values are not being followed and feedback is poor.

The engagement with the customer is condescending, the consultants believe that they are the smartest person in the call and do not give straight answers to the Customer; I was in many calls with Customers were you can feel the disappointment due to the arrogance of the Consultants.

My major disappointment was the lack of interest to add value to the customer, they are focused on driving short-term savings and follow the recipe of their basic book. I did not learn much and felt frustrated with the slow pace of the Company.

Their technology is stuck in the 90's, obsolete productivity, sourcing and collaboration tools.

Advice to Management

Stop believing that you are smarter than the Customer. Challenge your "by the book" approach to adding value to the Customer. Learn from your competition and customers.

5. "Awesome company, but don't get confused by other Source Ones"

Current Employee - Senior Manager of Directors and Waste Control in Willow Grove, PA

I have been working at Source One Management Services full-time

Pros

Great, friendly, smart coworkers. Everyone works hard, but it is a great place to work.

Cons

There are a lot of other companies called "Source One" and people confuse them. This company only has locations currently outside of Philly and in Chicago. The other reviews here are for some other company.

"Analyst Intern"

Former Employee - Analyst Intern in Willow Grove, PA
    Former Employee - Analyst Intern in Willow Grove, PA

I worked at Source One Management Services (Less than a year)

Pros

Said the role involved using excel, but did not do much at the job. Most of the work was very manual, do not really need a masters degree to do an internship here

Cons

My colleagues were very friendly

Advice to Management

Have a proper plan to engage interns.

"The worst internship"

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

Pros

If you like a terrible cubicle job with limited contact, this place is for you! The pay is alright, so if you're looking to pay some bills, you should also apply.

Cons

This company is literally stuck in the 90s - their management is awful. The coworkers are really rude, and unhelpful. They do a terrible job of explaining tasks, even though the tasks are very easy. This place seems like they're desperate to hire people, but let people leave easily. There isn't much to learn at this position - I don't even know why they require college graduates. High school students can easily do the work required of this position.

Also - the worst part was having managers that were 3 years older than you. I have no idea how they became a senior project analysts, they have no absolute idea of what they're doing. It was really condescending when they tried to boss me around.

Advice to Management

Try using other platforms instead of using Excel. Get to know your interns better, they are people too.

8. "Senior Project Analyst"

Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Analyst in Chicago, IL

Pros

Amazing culture, knowledgeable co-workers & upper management, streamlined processes are in place, really respect a work-life balance. I enjoy everyone I work with and have expanded my knowledge base not only in my vertical but other segments of business as well. Really enjoy it!

Cons

None at this time.

"Overall a great experience"

Former Employee - Analyst
    Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Source One Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Top management was great, knowledgeable, and supportive, collaborative culture, small company so there are a lot of opportunities to take ownership and learn

Cons

no cons in particular-as long as one was proactive one was rewarded.

10. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Project Analyst
    Current Employee - Project Analyst

I have been working at Source One Management Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Collaborative environment, knowledgable upper management, focus is on succeeding as a team. Great company if you want exposure to all aspects of sourcing.

Cons

Smaller company, but does seem to be growing.