Spark Wireless Reviews | Glassdoor

Lou Provost

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Management"

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO and executive management really care about Spark employees/team members, their development and their satisfaction with the company.
    There are opportunities for career progression for those who perform and show an interest and make their career plans known. Peers and leadership always seem to be willing to help.
    Spark has great benefits (insurance, PTO, 401K) and pays better than most wireless retailers (if you understand how to work your pay plan).
    The CEO has a lot of great knowledge and experience and inspires our team. We always look forward to learning from him.
    This is a fun place to work - if someone wonders where the grass is greener, they should come to Spark.

Cons

There really aren't any cons here - maybe work/life balance struggles sometimes (but that's just retail).

Advice to Management

Keep developing and promoting great candidates from our stores into RSM and DM positions.
    Help us search for ways to build loyalty and cut down on turnover.

2. "If you like sales and new phones"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some great benefits working with Spark Wireless. I really liked how they started having 401K benefits. They are always willing to help you succeed in your career if you are looking to move up in the company. There is also a Leadership Development Program to get you closer as a Manager.

Cons

The pay could be much better an hour. The Spiffs are always changing and some goals to get the Spiff can be very difficult to achieve.

3. "Store manager"

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are some nice people that work in Spark that actually care about your success.

Cons

DM whip the hell out of you in black and white for the regional and higher up to see as if he is doing his job. All the higher up sees is what your DM has to say but the DM is NEVER in the store. I feel I have no voice and my DM is not here for us as he should be. Never anything positive. Always Negative.

Advice to Management

You should really get feedback from your managers about DM and you all will be shocked at what people really have to say.

"Store Manager"

Former Employee - Store Manager in Tallahassee, FL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Tallahassee, FL

I worked at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Telecom and somewhat similar to tmobile only in the uniform and products

Cons

Dosnt have same morals as T-Mobile

Advice to Management

Listen to management, when you have loyal employees do what you can to keep them

5. "Great culture. Upper management is hands down the BEST."

Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Retail Store Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture company wide. Company has exploded when it comes to growth and with that there are tons of opportunities to move up the ladder. Great work-life balance.

Cons

Manager salaries could be a little better.

Advice to Management

Pay a little more to attract higher caliber managers and employees, in return company results are going to be much better.

"Assistant manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company became so unprofessional from when I started. There are no pros

Cons

Commission structure consistently changed. Pay starts at 9. The company is micromanaged with weekly and monthly one on ones. A lot of gay guys in the company which is so annoying, because the regional manager is gay and shows favoritism. It was ok at first but then I started seeing the bs. Spark is third party for Tmobile do yourself a favorite and apply to corporate. You basically work for boost or metro working here. No confidentiality

Advice to Management

Start being more confidential and professional. With new and current staff in the store and maybe you’ll be able to keep employees. Stop micro managing and start doing more recognition to top performers

"Mobile Expert"

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The job itself is fairly easy and the hourly pay is good. You can really make as much as you want, you just have to work to sale.

Cons

I’ve never dealt with a worst regional manager in the north region in my life. He’s rude and doesn’t take the front like employee into account. CONSTANTLY understaffed so it’s extremely stressful to the employees.

Advice to Management

Hire a new north regional manager and think about how hard it is for the mobile experts on the front line whenever a store or district is constantly understaffed because of upper management.

8. "A complete joke - they don’t care about you."

Current Employee - Mobile Expert
    Current Employee - Mobile Expert

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Discount on mobile phone service, and that’s really it

Cons

Literally almost everything else you could possibly think of

Advice to Management

1. Listen to your employees’ feedback and actually make substantial changes to the way the business operates. You won’t do this though as you’ve received plenty of negative feedback without doing a single thing.

2. The commission system is still a complete joke - pay should not be able to to be removed from employees repeatedly due to deacts, period. You’re only doing this to pad your bottom line.

3. Your upper management staff is indifferent at best and utterly incompetent and bitter at worst. Hire new blood.

4. There are fraudulent business practices going on within the company, and they’re actively being encouraged to reach otherwise unattainable sales goals. This type of behavior will end up dooming your company if the 5th negative doesn’t first.....

5. Turnover is abysmally high at this company, and it shows. No one seems to know how to properly do their jobs and are not given proper training. When no one knows what to do or what’s going on, it leaves an inept company.

9. "Mobile Expert"

Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Mobile Expert in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Authorized retailer discount, PTO, health insurance, and 410(k) plan.

Cons

-Computer systems are terrible. Absolutely slow, glitch, and unreliable.

-Management expects for you work more than part-time hours and less than 40 if you are full time.

-High-pressure job. The higher ups had no idea what was really going on in the stores and blamed reps for slow foot traffic.

-Very much disappointed with members of management and the way members of management handled the situation with Hostile work environment harassment.

Advice to Management

Actually, protect your employees and consumers from these unethical, immoral individuals that give your company a bad name.

"Move on, nothing here worth wasting your time or talent on"

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Memphis, TN

I worked at Spark Wireless full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company
    CEO is a great guy

Cons

As a store manager:
    Salary plus bonus is lowest in the industry
    Sales goals inflated
    New company going through serious growing pains
    Too many meetings, video conferences, more meetings, Did I mention the video call meetings???

As a retail sales associate:
    Low hourly pay and even worse commissions
    Way too much responsibility and stress for the pay
    Expectations of management constantly changing

Advice to Management

You’re a growing organization that hasn’t kept up with the fast pace that you opened new stores. You want to hire rock star sales professionals but yet you’re not willing to pay them for their skill or experience.
    The constant hiring, training and loss of employees will be your ultimate downfall. The revolving door of employees is swinging so fast you will never build the tenured staff you need to be successful. Fix it by paying more. Seems so simple!