Spigit Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Spigit Chief Executive Officer Scott Raskin
Scott Raskin

"Five Years At Spigit Means Only One Thing!"

Current Employee - Director, Voice of the Customer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Voice of the Customer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Spigit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been fortunate to work at some great global companies, such as Microsoft, Booz Allen, as well as own my own company at a point in time. Through my experiences, I've learned that my corporate skills were hard to mesh with my love of the start up environment and while this could easily be found at many companies these days, the camaraderie of a team-turned-family, is not. The people I work with have all been here (on average) 5-6 years. We all love what we do and we love working with each other. From Scott Raskin (CEO), on down, this company has given us all more opportunity to shine and contribute, than any other place I have worked. I'm proud to be a part of it!

Cons

A start-up, at any level, has its challenges. You tend to wear a lot of hats, work more hours, and do more with less people. I see it as an opportunity to learn more about how a company thrives, from every angle, as opposed to worrying about my level of contribution though.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging us to thrive! The more encouragement and incentive we get to do what we are best at, the more we all contribute and help the company succeed :)

"Data Scientist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Spigit full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A strong mission, like-minded co-workers, and a great company culture. High growth, fast paced environment. Loved the product, what we do for customers and the people I worked with and for. So refreshing to have a leadership team that is aligned. No hidden agenda's or politics. Thankfully! For me, being challenged to think uniquely, think truly "outside the box," work independently while being encouraged to take risks are something I also loved.

Cons

Since teams are small, people generally have to wear a number of different hats, which can mean odd hours and sometimes late nights (and weekends). You could very possibly be the sole person working on a project, which has pros and cons.

Advice to Management

Keep being you. Stay focused, don't get sidetracked by shiny objects and continue to value the Spigit team as highly as you do. The people working here are amazing. p.s. When I complete my Ph.D., hire me back!

"Supportive Team"

I have been working at Spigit full-time

Pros

Great people willing to work together for the good of the customers and Spigit. Entrepreneurial spirit - you don't hear "thats not my job" or "we've always done it that way" - very refreshing!

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to do everything you want to do.

"Great company"

Current Employee - Director, Sales Management
    Current Employee - Director, Sales Management

I have been working at Spigit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Huge growth potential with a platform second to none. Great leadership and vision

Cons

We are pretty dispersed across the globe, so timezone can sometimes be an issue with resources.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and small company atmosphere

"Director, Strategic Accounts"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Accounts in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Accounts in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Spigit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have a 15 + Year history in the Tech Industry. I've worked for the market leaders. At Spigit, I work for one of the best companies and with the most professional team of people. Scott Raskin and the leadership team have created the best culture and customer-facing innovative solutions. We are driving quantifiable results. We are making an impact on our customer's business. Ask our clients... they will openly share how they are driving success with Spigit.

Cons

Every company has their internal challenges. I can't think of one that really stands out....

Advice to Management

Keep operating and think like a startup. Continue to invest in your employees, customers, partners and creating the culture every organization big and small strive to aspire.

"UPDATE: 15 months in. Still going strong!"

Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Exactly a year ago when I was a 3-month newbie I said on Glassdoor "I'm excited to come to work 95% of my Monday mornings".

Today, 15 months in, way past infatuation, I can still tell you the same.

- Much stronger collaboration across departments than a year ago. I really enjoy working with Product, Customer Success, Sales, in addition to my Marketing colleagues

- More concrete definition of our market, our offering, and how we can outcompete

- I feel appreciated as an employee and a human. I have a good boss and CEO who really care about the business AND their team

- Bunch of smart cookies with good attitude

- Improving sales process. We'll get there

Cons

- Priorities shift somewhat frequently, but that's on par with other growth-stage companies in early markets

- Despite better collaboration, internal comms and coordination can use improvement. I spend quite a bit of time getting the left hand to talk to the right hand

- Resource constraint when we try to do so many big things all at once

Advice to Management

Everyone I work closely with, across departments, feel stretched thin. Myself included. Yes we need to work smarter and more efficient, but I also think we need more people to do the work, especially when we're trying to do so much at the same time.

"Great start up with real potential and an excellent culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Company is #1 in its market and the competition is significantly behind.
    Culture is very friendly atmosphere. Going to work is fun with weekly happy hour and there is no need to work at weekends or late nights. Lunch is often provided and there is an excellent free snack/drinks/break room.
    Pay is very competitive and there are other competitive benefit perks too.
    Fantastic office in the financial district of San Francisco.

Cons

Fast paced start up environment might not suit someone who prefers working for a large company.

Advice to Management

N/A

"Growing fast; wickedly smart team"

I have been working at Spigit full-time

Pros

The team at Spigit is great. All are smart, energetic, and bring fantastic attitudes to the office.

Executive team doesn't act "too big for their britches." They're approachable, thoughtful, fun, and welcome feedback/thoughts from employees in all departments.

The market we're in is exploding. More companies are starting to understand the real benefits of crowdsourced innovation. Spigit's the #1 innovation management software on the market, so we're in a great position of growth.

Cons

We have multiple offices around the world. This, of course, causes problems with time zones.

Advice to Management

While growing the business is always a top priority, don't forget to put just as much effort into building the company's culture. We're on the right track, but we can (and should) do more to build team camaraderie to make the office environment even better.

"Great Product, Great Industry, Great Team"

Current Employee - Marketing Team in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing Team in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Spigit full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Innovation is a really interesting space to be in. The company is by far the market leader, showing great growth YoY, and hearing about the product use cases and the results that come from it is really exciting. The Spigit team is great - full of people that really have the interests of the company at heart, and work incredibly hard to drive the business forward.

Cons

Sometimes the energy between the different teams differs a bit, and the company needs to get a bit better at bringing the whole team together more often and sharing news and plans (something that is improving). I also think career development is much clearer in some teams than others - I definitely think development opportunity is there across most of the company but it's not always that clear in some areas of the business.

Advice to Management

There are some great things going on in the company, and it's a very positive time - let's make sure this is clear and felt by everyone in the company (both local and remote) so that they can share the excitement. Let's also make sure all employees understand the development paths/opportunities available to them while at the company, as not everybody knows that this is there. I'd hate to see us lose great people just because they don't know about the potential career progression is there.

"In full growth mode with lots of momentum!"

Current Employee - Account Development Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Development Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Spigit full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people, comfortable & warm working environment, growing company with a fantastic product. Approachable upper management & C-suite with open eyes and ears. Excellent communication and on the lookout constantly for ways to improve

Cons

Only a "con" if you don't like startup hustle mentality & evolving practices. I find the fluidity stimulating however.

Advice to Management

Continue to value, support, and appreciate the team the way that you are and this company will continue upward!