Springboard Media Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Springboard Media President Everett Katzen
Everett Katzen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"A great place for self-starters and ambitious people."

I have been working at Springboard Media full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

You are encouraged to have an "ownership mentality" and are granted a great degree of autonomy when solving problems.
    The company is always expanding and trying new things, so there are always new opportunities. If you don't work out doing one thing, you can try something else.
    Quirky and fun client base...lots of interesting people use Macs so I've had a blast traveling to new places and attending concerts while on the job.
    You'll get out of this job what you put into it...if you go the extra mile in your work, management will go the extra mile in taking care of you.

Cons

If you are the kind of person who sits around waiting for someone to tell you what to do, you'll probably be frustrated here.

Advice to Management

Encouraging everyone to own the problem will ensure a great company culture moving forward.

2. "Small Business"

Pros

Great staff and perfect location in downtown Philly! Lots of opportunities to advance in your role.

Cons

Since the company has multiple divisions all trying to maintain an identity, they sometimes struggle with overall cohesiveness and internal communication among departments.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Springboard Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of people to work with. Fair pay, and promote within.

Cons

As of right now, I can not think of any.

"Just FYI"

I worked at Springboard Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I met some really nice people while working there and learned a lot about a great company (Apple, not SBM)

Cons

FYI job seekers - in case the overly optimistic and totally unrealistic tone of the 5 star reviews didn't give it away (especially in contrast to all the 1 star reviews), they were written by the owner and his cronies. The only people who even kind of like working there are the directors, possibly a manager or two if they're on the owner's good side this week. The place is fraught with drama, undercutting, false promises, and backstabbing. You do not want to work here unless you need a story about the worst job you ever had.

Advice to Management

Stop posting reviews to try and counter all the real opinions of working there - I'm embarrassed for you. Instead of counterfeiting reviews, why don't you actually try to change the way people feel about working for you?

"What you make of it"

I worked at Springboard Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You genuinely have the freedom to grow and learn a lot when working at Springboard. The environment rewards the ambitious and I have seen many people either continue to succeed there or move on to new jobs they could not have ever acquired before their time at Springboard.

The company's smaller size means you have the opportunity for a lot of direct face time with the owner so you can share your input and get his advice in return. Additionally, there are no real limits on the direction in which you take your work. If you think of something that will benefit the company you can run with it. You need to do the running though if you want it to go anywhere. The people who I've seen complain about Springboard are the ones who think they have a great idea and say "someone should do something with this."

Cons

If you are passionate, creative, tech capable, and ambitious you can flourish and grow. If you are just looking for a place that will mail you money twice a month while you do the same thing every day, you'll dislike it as much as you've probably disliked every other job you've had.

"Awful Managment"

Pros

There are some good people that work at Springboard Media. Also it's in a great area of the city which is cool.

Cons

The directors team is so entitled it's seriously a joke. The owner takes vacation every 5 minutes. The other directors just won't come in on days when he's not there, or they work like 12-3. (Seriously, no joke 12-3). Springboard is a company that is full of a bunch of people who are way too underqualified to be in the position they're in. Basically if you snitch to the owner and snuggle up to him you can do whatever you want. There's blatant favoritism in the company but we're supposed to all feel like "equals." Even look at the days for trash- do any of the directors do it? Nope. There's such a big disconnect between the directors and the rest of the company it's honestly a joke. They will personally screw over their best employees if they get wind that employee is leaving. It's like being thrown into the world of Mean Girls.

Advice to Management

Your business will fail because you reward and promote the wrong people. This is a business- but it feels more like Game of Thrones or House of Cards with all the backstabbing and passive aggressive behavior.

"Know more than you you need for the job"

I worked at Springboard Media full-time

Pros

Exciting environment to work in, until the shine wears off. They ask for your input, but do nothing with it.

Cons

No path for future. Small changes are temporary with long term vision blurred.

Springboard Media Response

May 31, 2016 – President

Thanks so much for the review, I really appreciate it. I'm glad you feel that Springboard Media is an exciting place to work, I have worked hard with my team to give everyone who works here a fun an... More

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Exton, PA
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Exton, PA

I worked at Springboard Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you are really good at selling high margin things to people, and make the company a lot of money you have complete control of what you do in the store, and can basically dictate how you want to act in the store. You also get to sit around for more than half of your normal work day.

Cons

If you do not make the company a ton of money you are completely ignored when it comes to any preferences in scheduling, you will become a closer. In addition to that you have weekly store meetings that are completely useless but are mandated. In addition due to how short staffed the company is you basically don't get to take real breaks now. In addition to that you work as the punching bag for every complaint about apple that people might have, so get use to being yelled at from time to time for things that are completely out of your control.

Also, being a small business you get one upped by every other major electronic company. Apple also does nothing to help you, and also basically work to one up you whenever they could make the money out of the situation.

Finally I do not believe, nor do any other employees, that higher levels of the company have any idea what is actually going on in the company, they set unrealistic goals for the lower management and staff, and do nothing to help us or show they care

Advice to Management

Stop the store meetings, they do nothing
    Stop making the schedule work out only for the best
    Hire more employees
    Stop making the employees cold call people and suggest to trade in their two year old computers, that doesnt work

"You asked for it"

I have been working at Springboard Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The pay is reasonable and the benefits are reasonable. I work with a lot of good people.

Cons

Work/life balance is nonexistent in the department I work in. Bullied into doing things that are outside what I'd considerable reasonable or even part of our business. It's nearly impossible to use vacation time. Very high turnover. A large portion of management really doesn't have any idea what they are doing and pass the buck when it comes to actually dealing with their own responsibilities. For a company that claims to be very selective about who gets hired we still end up with a lot really stupid people.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. There is far too much management in the first place and half of you don't appear to have the slightest clue.

"Do what's right, put in your time, and you're bound to shine at Springboard Media."

Current Employee - Home Automation Specialist in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Home Automation Specialist in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Springboard Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-flexible vacations -a friendly atmosphere -a fast paced learning environment -a ton of knowledgeable people around you willing to help when there's time -opportunity! How could I forget opportunity? Anything you want to do at springboard could be possible -it's a small business with a ton of facets that could be explored by any employee with the right attitude and willingness to learn

Cons

Despite all the phenomenal things Springboard offers the company is progressing and at times there are a lot of roles one might be asked to perform when needed.

Advice to Management

The only thing I would say is look at who's performing the work that really brings in revenue. Even though this means my own standing is affected I still think a better distribution of incoming revenue based of labor should be addressed. I think it would relive unnecessary resentments on the part of the people performing the labor and set higher goals for the people selling the labor.

Springboard Media Response

May 31, 2016 – President

Thank you for the great review, I really appreciate it. I'm glad to see that you recognize how much opportunity there is here at Springboard Media, and would love to see you continue to develop in... More