Star Bulk Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Star Bulk Reviews

Updated 23 Jun 2018

1.9
Star Bulk CEO Akis Tsirigakis (no image)
Akis Tsirigakis
  1. "company drive"

I have been working at Star Bulk full-time

Pros

working out in thr oilfieldin places like Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, South and West Texas. great pain

Cons

now that the price of all have went down it's getting very slow out here and prices are being negotiated or pay

Star Bulk2015-05-28
  2. "Driver"

Former Employee - Driver in New Braunfels, TX

I worked at Star Bulk full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None whatsoever. It was close to my home, so commute was easy.

Cons

Equipment is terrible, old and abused. Shop on site is full of unqualified retards. Guy who owns shop is greedy and self centered. Entire company is poorly ran, the entire yard looks like a junkyard. I wouldn't be surprised if this company goes out of business. CSA scores are poor, numbers speak for themselves. If you care at all about your driving record or if your equipment will get you to your destination and... back home safe, this is not the place to work.

Advice to Management

The only thing that would improve that place is if the owners sold it or just close the doors. It would be better if anyone owned it besides the Penders. I can't even give a 1 star rating to anything about this place.

Star Bulk2018-06-23
  3. "Captain opinion"

Current Contractor - Captain of the Vessel in Marathón, Piraeus, Attica

I have been working at Star Bulk for less than a year

Pros

New company, bigger salary. Spend all necessary funds in oreder to keep the vessels up to the standards.

Cons

Bad quality of spare parts. Take care for greek nationals only. Every other regardless of the rank are thretad as second hand.

Advice to Management

Due to fast growing of the Company, have to pay attention for the new employed office staff. Some of the new hired are experienced on paper only.

Star Bulk2014-11-05