Starmind Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2020

4.7
Starmind CEO Oliver Muhr
Oliver Muhr
  1. "Thorough, transparent, and informative"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Starmind full-time

Pros

I had the opportunity to meet a number of different Starmind employees in various roles. Each of my interviews offered a little more insight into Starmind and what it is like to work for them. The interview process was very transparent. Another great aspect of the interview process was getting to learn a lot about what the company does, how the culture is, and what Starmind’s goals are.

Cons

There are no cons to report.

Starmind2019-11-04
  2. "On-Boarding/Training + Culture"

Current Employee - Sales USA in New York, NY

I have been working at Starmind full-time for less than a year

Pros

First week on-boarding /training in headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland. Incredible learning experience, learning from the various departments heads, leaders, founders, and experts first hand. Everyone is truly passionate about Starmind and core values. Supportive and energetic culture! Great place for you if you want to work hard with smart/determined people!

Cons

No cons at this time.

Starmind2019-09-23

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Starmind

Pros

Amazing product which speaks for itself. Collaborative culture that values teamwork and effective achievement of goals

Cons

Very hard to come up with any outside of common early-growth stage challenges

Starmind2018-07-18

"Ineffectual Operations Leadership"

I worked at Starmind full-time

Pros

The product is wonderful, the company has great vision from the founder

Cons

I don't think the sales leadership has idea what they are doing, completely ineffectual. New growth outside of the Europe is being set up to fail from the start.

Advice to Management

Find Sales Leaders that care about performance, but not interpersonal nonsense. Focus on Winning.

Starmind2018-04-26
  5. "Great workplace!"

I have been working at Starmind full-time

Pros

- great company culture - amazing and clever people - exciting tasks - chance to develop your skills - fun!

Cons

- I haven't experienced anything negative so far

Starmind2020-01-03
  6. "Changing business"

Former Employee - Starmind in Küsnacht

I worked at Starmind full-time

Pros

Nice and smart colleagues, nice atmosphere, interesting product, used to be very flexible in terms of working time and place, cool events

Cons

The pay is low compared to the market. It's intransparent what's really going on in the company. There are some severe issues with the culture as well. The culture has changed to the worse with new hires in management positions, where the "track record" was considered way more important than social or people skills because Starmind wants to grow fast. That's a shame, because Starmind used to be more of a company for people. As a regular employee you're fine as long as you subordinate yourself, this has changed over time and that is a shame. People are aware of this but they ignore it. The turnover in this company in the last year is the highest I have ever seen which has a lot to do with all the points. No HR has been given the power to do something or has stayed for a significant amount of time.

Advice to Management

The management always emphasises that they are a people company but they don't act like it. The best people are leaving and they don't feel alarmed enough. Fair salaries would be a good start. Stop hiring & firing. Take action aggressors who destroy the atmosphere for many people.

Starmind2020-01-17
  7. "Consider twice, before applying..."

I worked at Starmind full-time

Pros

The co-workers are great, such a nice bunch of young professionals trying to make the best in a dog-eat-dog world.

Cons

Outside of the low salary and lack of transparency from management, there is a general feeling of fear from the Executive Management (Execs). Noone dares to ask questions openly, if you ask questions on their "Anonymous Platform" - it's never going to stay anonymous in-front of the Execs. Managers falsify team OKRs, just so the Execs would think the team was successful. And when you tell HR about this, they already know. Some people who were hired as Managers are openly rude and disrespectful, when you bring this unacceptable behaviour to your Manager, they say: "Oh, he is just like this, get used to it". I would not like to work at a place where: 1. My manager does not stand up for me and let's his team be treated badly by other departments, 2. Where humiliating and disrespectful behaviour is accepted, even after multiple people reporting this person to HR.

Advice to Management

Please, stop pretending that you are openly talking about things, when you runaway from difficult topics. Please, stop crucifying people for what they have said/asked/commented in person, or on a platform, that is supposed to be anonymous.

Starmind2020-01-16
  8. "Back on track!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Küsnacht

I have been working at Starmind full-time for more than a year

Pros

Starmind is a very open company with very collaborative employees. Not only that it is clear to everyone to always help any peer, no matter from which department, but also to help each other with private issues. We have had some colleagues that created an unhealthy subculture in the background, spreading rumors, having lunch in separate rooms to work on conspiracy theories etc. I'm more than happy that these culturally not fitting people have left and we're back on track with more power than ever.

Cons

If someone does not fit into the culture, I expect the management to react quickly and not wait until these people go on their own because they see that they cannot manipulate the culture the way they want. Our unique way of collaboration is key for success and sometimes, especially in time of pressure, I tend to believe that the management takes it for granted.

Advice to Management

Already said it in the cons. Take culture topics seriously. Act quickly. Don't take the good atmosphere for granted especially when we continue to grow that fast. The employees will do anything to keep it but wrong-hires have to be removed quicker.

Starmind2019-12-03

"Employees are great, management not so much..."

I worked at Starmind

Pros

Genuinely nice and smart people that care about each other

Cons

Management rules with an iron fist and has little or no interest for people. If you dont obey, you will be black listed and let go immediately. They haven't been able to keep any HR manager in place because they all leave after figuring out how the company is managed.

Advice to Management

Let go of your egoes and do what's right or you will never succeed.

Starmind2019-11-14
  10. "Great engineering team and leadership"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Küsnacht

I have been working at Starmind full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly atmosphere. Everyone helps everyone. Lot of cross-functional topics that inspire. Great Engineering leadership, very approachable CTO. Great vision.

Cons

Two different cultures (sales floor vs. engineering floor). Lot of changes in sales / csm. Few people that do spread a lot of rumors what I personally don't like.

Advice to Management

Don't allow individuals manipulate the great culture by spreading rumors.

Starmind2019-10-23