StoryPoint Reviews

Updated May 5, 2021

4.1
StoryPoint President John Fitzpatrick (no image)
John Fitzpatrick
Pros
  • "Residents and staff feel like family(in 12 reviews)

• "StoryPoint is a great place to work at if you love working for seniors(in 11 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Caregivers should be paid more for taking care of residents that need hoyers/nursing home type of care(in 5 reviews)

• "Low Low pay, poor management, rude Wellness employees, overworked caregivers, building is cheaply made(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They truly love their residents!

May 5, 2021 - Student in Fairfield, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lovely residents and beautiful place, pay is decent with experience, very hands on and wonderful with the residents.

Cons

The place is new- so administration is still trying to figure things out but overall I loved it!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Job I've Had

Apr 28, 2021 - Office Administration
      Business Outlook

Pros

The residents, staff, & families have become so important to me throughout the years and everyone that works here truly cares for each and every resident.

Cons

The pay is great for the amount of that we accomplish on the daily

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company

May 1, 2021 - Caregiver in Saline, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of over time and bonuses

Cons

Short staff a lot on all shifts

Brand Marketer

Hello, We appreciate you leaving a review of our community! We are happy to hear that you appreciate the opportunity to receive overtime compensation and bonuses. When it comes to staffing, we have a referral program that you can participate in that allows employees to refer their friends to work with us, and both parties have financial incentives. We encourage you to speak to your leader about the program and how it works. Thank you!

4. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Loved Working here!

Apr 12, 2021 - Receptionist in Portage, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun, loving, clean, employee first

Cons

I don't have any cons

5. 4.0

Love it!

Feb 4, 2021 - Dishwasher in Rockford, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Management is wonderful! - Scheduling is flexible - Great place to start working - There's ALWAYS something to do in the kitchen! - Plenty of Covid-19 precautions; includes wearing masks, checking your temperature and filling out questions when you enter the building, and Dining Rooms are closed (right now) so residents can social-distance; also got vaccine here - Considered essential work - There are plenty of ways to be efficient and manage time well - People -- including the scheduling manager -- properly communicate both in and out of the kitchen

Cons

I don't consider these cons; these are just side notes/little things: - Clothes can get wet from washing dishes: there's a waterproof apron that helps reduce this significantly - The stainless steel dish lane can get pretty dirty, but there's a squeegie to help with that - If you wear glasses (like me), they usually get dirty for a while. If I use anything other than my eyeglass cleaning cloth, it only smears up my glasses - Dishwashers are responsible for taking out the trash, which is heavy only every once in a while

6. 3.0

Could be better

Apr 24, 2021 - Server in Grove City, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

You get to meet new people and make new relationships

Cons

The pay is not high enough for all the work we do

Brand Marketer

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review of StoryPoint Grove City. We love that you have enjoyed meeting new people and building strong relationships because that is an awesome outcome of working at our community. Not only do we offer yearly pay increases, but we also provide opportunities for promotions and growth. We recommend that all our employees reach out to their leader directly to discuss. If you would prefer to speak to our HR Team, please reach out to Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you!

7. 5.0

Fun

Mar 31, 2021 - Server in Chesterfield, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun environment to work in

Cons

There are No cons to write

Continue reading
    8. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Storypoint

Mar 16, 2021 - Server/Waitress in Rockford, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

active community, good relationships, experience gained

Cons

bad management, communication, and pay

Brand Marketer

Hello, Thank you for leaving a review. We are thrilled to see that you have had an excellent opportunity to learn new things and meet great people. Our leaders check in with their teams one-on-one every month. We haven't had anyone reach out to us about poor communication or compensation, but we want to be present for anyone who wants to discuss both items. To discuss your experience with us directly, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

9. 5.0

Employee

Dec 11, 2020 - Caregiver
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love to connect with my residents and their families, most rewarding job I’ve had yet❤️

Cons

Tight schedule on day shift can’t spend as much time with each resident as I’d like

10. 5.0

Fabulous place

Nov 21, 2020 - Housekeeper in Fort Wayne, IN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I just started working here at StoryPoint in Fort Wayne. Staff is very welcoming and friendly. The residents are happy and friendly as well. So glad that I am hired to work here.

Cons

I really have not ran into any cons of working here

Viewing 1 - 10 of 240 Reviews