StoryPoint Reviews

Updated May 19, 2022

Found 283 of over 286 reviews

3.9
StoryPoint President John Fitzpatrick (no image)
John Fitzpatrick

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

30.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=StoryPoint~1099678
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Veteran Status

This rating reflects the overall rating of StoryPoint and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years
    Featured Review

I enjoy my job

Mar 26, 2022 - Property Administrator in Rockford, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get to work each and every day with great people. The ones who live at StoryPoint, and the ones who work at StoryPoint. If you show up everyday and give your honest best, you are recognized and rewarded.

Cons

Sharing your strong leaders with other communities sometimes creates additional challenges for the lending community.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Storypoint Pickerington Fun

May 15, 2022 - Receptionist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment with an emphasis made on employee satisfaction. Have fun with residents and feels like home.

Cons

Would be nice to have a few more employees during busy times of the day.

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pay attention to "Terms of Discharge and Interpretation"

May 19, 2022 - Concierge/Receptionist in Powell, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Getting to know the Residents and fellow employees' life experiences was a life enriching experience. Helping residents and their family members was a joy.

Cons

Communication between Administration, Sales, Activities and the Front Desk was spotty and unreliable often. Change over from Spectrum to Storypoint was a nightmare with technology not working for a long time, and when the Property Management changed - all of the efficient workbooks were just deleted with no communication and hostility! Do not get involved with resident's personality problems, it can be the end of your job. It only takes one person with an emotional disturbance to bring on your demise. Unemployment is denied, your car repossessed, and you find yourself unemployable.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Incredible Job

Apr 19, 2022 - Server/Waiter
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a CURRENT employee, I can say with full confidence that the Dining Room Manager and Executive Chef have both made the best of our understaffing situation and maintained cheerful attitudes. The residents are wonderful. Both Manager and Chef have made sure we don’t get overworked, and are very good at sympathizing with daily life, school, and other personal accommodations. Dining Room Manager specifically provides a safe work environment, regardless of pre-existing workers who try to bring her down:( She makes sure we don’t work more than we are scheduled too, even if she has to stay late to pick up slack.

Cons

There have been some previous hires that were a mistake. a they tried to con the facility, and made it almost impossible to keep a good attitude, and represent our facility the way that it actually is. These employees no longer work here, and story point has returned to its former glory 😊

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Disappointing

Apr 26, 2022 - Licensed Practical Nurse in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

The residents and my coworkers were all amazing. I loved my job, but the corporate people don’t care about you.

Cons

AGENCY. Agency people ran the building. Always short staffed. Agency people would maybe show up, but usually not. There were more agency staff then actual staff. The residents and their families hated it.

1 person found this review helpful

StoryPoint Response

Brand Marketer

Hello, Thank you for providing feedback. We are glad you appreciated your coworkers and our great residents. Unfortunately, the pandemic has presented many unique challenges, including a staffing crisis across the nation. We understand the frustrations that come along with this which is why we have a dedicated recruiting team that works to fill any open positions with qualified employees. We apologize that you did feel the support of leadership, as we do care deeply about all of our hardworking employees. If you would like to further discuss the details of your review and our opportunities for improvement, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Most stressful first job ever?

May 18, 2022 - Server in Fort Wayne, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Residents are great Coworkers are like family

Cons

Unwanted physical contact from management Condescending management Constant understaffing stress Unfit manager One chef's food gave me food poisoning

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing work environment

May 11, 2022 - Receptionist in Medina, OH
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful residents and families. I love the employees that I work with. I always leave work with a smile on my face.

Cons

It can get quiet sometimes, so you have to keep yourself busy somedays.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Work here!

May 11, 2022 - Life Enrichment Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great place to work. Supportive environment, caring coworkers and amazing residents to connect and share meaningful moments with.

Cons

I truly cannot think of one!

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

StoryPoint Portage!

Apr 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Portage, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Storypoint has been life changing. I’ve never worked with a company that care so much about providing the best experience for their staff as well as residents and families.

Cons

I’ve been working here over a year and haven’t found any cons yet!

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized

May 17, 2022 - Marketing in Libertyville, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

creative and have right intentions

Cons

They are disorganized and have unrealistic expectations

StoryPoint Response

Hello, Thank you for providing feedback. We are glad you appreciate our creativity and pure intentions but are disappointed to hear about your other concerns. We understand the importance of setting expectations and would like to connect with you directly to learn more about how we can improve. If you are interested in sharing more about your experience and our opportunities for improvement, please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 283 Reviews

StoryPoint Reviews FAQs

StoryPoint has an overall rating of 3.9 out of 5, based on over 286 reviews left anonymously by employees. 72% of employees would recommend working at StoryPoint to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, StoryPoint employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at StoryPoint. This rating has decreased by -13% over the last 12 months.

72% of StoryPoint employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated StoryPoint 3.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at StoryPoint to be benefits, career development, culture and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with StoryPoint Job Seekers