Stout Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Stout Systems Reviews

Updated Jun 19, 2019

Found 19 reviews

4.8
Stout Systems CEO Peg Bogema (no image)
Peg Bogema
  1. "The best recruiting company I've ever worked with"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Redford, MI

I worked at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Matched with a good company, helpful and understanding staff.

Cons

No PTO during contract period

Stout Systems2019-06-19
  2. "Stout's job placement service is simply top notch!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Writer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was placed in a technical writing role and the experience couldn't have been better. Brian was cordial, professional, and went out of his way to stay in contact with me throughout every step of the process. I've been a technical writer for over 20 years now and I realize and appreciate the value of making people the number one priority - Stout Systems does this in spades.

Cons

There is nothing that I would suggest changing. The experience was fantastic!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Stout Systems2018-09-23
  3. "Happy experience with Stout System for landing a job"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer I in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was placed the Senior Software Engineer in November, 2017. This position is in a medical company in Ann Arbor, MI. They arranged the phone interview and onsite interview, all the procedure run smoothly. I was happy I got a job that matches my background very much.

Cons

There is no cons for my experience with Stout System in landing me new position.

Stout Systems2018-01-14

Stout Systems Response

January 25, 2018Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We are so happy to have worked with you and placed you in a job you enjoy. Best of luck to you!

4. "Excellent To Work With!"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

I've worked with Stout on and off for many years, and it's always been a positive experience. They most recently found me my current job, and it was a simple process of first talking to a couple people at Stout and then going to an interview at the actual company. Maybe it's my past experience wit them, but no silly competency tests or other annoyances that I've had other places.

Cons

None that I can think of now. They're pretty IT/Windows Programer heavy, and lacking in some other areas (realtime/embedded, automotive engineering, etc.) but I suppose it's good to specialize.

Stout Systems2017-10-04
  5. "Best placement service for IT folks in Michigan"

Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Stout Systems for more than 3 years

Pros

These guys are phenomenal judges of talent. I have been placed at 2 full time jobs within days of submission. Less known is that Stout Systems also has a custom development team that deploys complex systems with some of the most reasonable rates in the industry. I worked directly with them on a poorly scoped project, but frankly, the client was exceedingly dysfunctional. They made the best of it, but when the... client steering committee had 15 members (client employees), and all but 2 of them were laid off, changed jobs, or quit throughout a 2 year project, it's pretty clear that the problem was not with Stout's custom development team.

Cons

No central office, but if you're a qualified, reliable telework developer, they WILL allow 100% teleworking. Unfortunately, having a scattered 1099 paid team can lead to more frequent turnover. None of this applies to recruiting arm, which I believe is the best in class. Company namesake didn't bring much to the table, but he also has a pretty keen eye for talent, so nothing's really getting knocked off... the table either. He leads by letting the smart people be themselves.

Advice to Management

Your core dev team is top notch. The recruiters are responsive. Project coordination is very good. 2 tiered business model lowers risks, but also limits the ceiling of the custom development work. Would like to see smaller, full time dev teams to reduce churn. Charge more and push back and stop doing work for free. Recruiting side is fantastic. You've placed me twice in less than a week each time. That's... awesome.

Stout Systems2016-12-10
  6. "SAS Programmer"

Current Employee - SAS Programmer II in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They headhunter the perfect job as a programmer with room for promotion. Professional and no hidden agenda or fees

Cons

None. I would recommend them to anyone in a tech, data or IT field.

Stout Systems2016-11-23
  7. "Excellent experience with Stout."

Senior Software Engineer (Java) in Ann Arbor, MI

I worked at Stout Systems

Pros

I recently concluded a software engineering assignment arranged by Stout -- at a large global corporation. The experience dealing with Stout Systems staff was very positive. The Stout team was very genuine and attentive, and overall a pleasure to work with.

Cons

None. The erperiene was positive form beginning to end.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Stout Systems2016-07-06
  8. "Software Engineer"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very Good company. They helped me to find me a desirable permanent position with a future perspectives.

Cons

I can only give positive output. No negative I can provide

Advice to Management

Very positive

Stout Systems2016-03-10
  9. "helped me get a job"

Programmer II in Ann Arbor, MI

I have been working at Stout Systems

Pros

Very effective in finding opportunities. Presented me in excellent light at these employment opportunities. No pressure.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say.

Stout Systems2016-01-22
  10. "A Pleasure To Work With"

Senior Developer

I worked at Stout Systems

Pros

No pressure. They contacted me only with positions that met my criteria. Any questions they were right there. I worked with many on the staff while the interview process was underway and they all were top notch. I just can't say enough about how happy I was that Stout was the only recruitment firm I was active with. They found me the position that met every criteria I had and I couldn't be happier.

Cons

There are no cons with my experience using Stout as my recruiting firm.

Stout Systems2015-07-23