KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Stout Systems Reviews

Updated Feb 2, 2022

Found 23 of over 34 reviews

4.8
Stout Systems President Peg Bogema (no image)
Peg Bogema

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The entire process was extremely smooth and hassle free.(in 3 reviews)
  • "They took the time to find out what my professional goals are and what I'm looking for from my next employer and found a great opportunity for me in Ann Arbor.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
    There are no cons to display at this time.
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0

Thank you Peg Bogema, and veryone at Stout

Feb 2, 2022 - Software Implementation Engineer in Southfield, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Peg managed to secure me a wonderful permanent position, and stayed with me through the entire process. The employer regarded her opinion very highly, which I believe made the difference in me getting hired.

Cons

None that I an think of, the entire process was painless.

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us on Glassdoor! We were honored to advocate for you. Best of luck to you - don't be a stranger!

2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Excellent Recruitment Experience

Jan 14, 2022 - Senior Security Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strout Systems helped me getting employed at one of its direct client. The entire process was extremely smooth and hassle free. Hours after I applied online I got a call from Brian Skory who spoke to me briefly over the phone and scheduled client interviews. He stayed in touch with me through out the hiring process and provided me feedback after every round of interview. I have high regards for him and as well as Strout Systems. They do what they say and they are extremely professional people to work with.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Social Media Coordinator

Brian is awesome! So glad he was able to get you the job that you deserved. Best of luck to you!

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

A company with tremendous opportunity

Jun 1, 2021 - Technical Talent Manager in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Stout Systems is a company that actually walks the talk when it comes to taking care of its employees. Although a thriving business, Stout Systems is still small enough to avoid the bureaucratic obstacles that many larger companies run into when it comes to implementing a great work culture.

Cons

No cons come to mind.

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We value the HUMANS in our company, as well as the ones that make up our candidates and clients. Thank you for your commitment to our candidate's success!

4. 5.0

Excellent recruiting

Apr 9, 2021 - Software Engineer III in Blacksburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I do/did not work with Stout Systems directly; they helped me in a recruiting capacity to find a new software engineering position after spending 14 years at my previous employer. I worked with Brian Skory, and he communicated every step of the way and was great to work with.

Cons

No observed downsides; they were great!

Social Media Coordinator

Brian is awesome! We're so happy you had success in advancing your career. You deserve it!

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place

Apr 8, 2021 - Human Resources Generalist in Menomonie, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun great work environment fun people

Cons

Communication can use improvement bad at evaluations

Social Media Coordinator

Hello! We think you may have the wrong company, as we do not hire Human Resource Generalists and are not located in Wisconsin.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Best placement service for IT folks in Michigan

Dec 9, 2016 - Software Developer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

These guys are phenomenal judges of talent. I have been placed at 2 full time jobs within days of submission. Less known is that Stout Systems also has a custom development team that deploys complex systems with some of the most reasonable rates in the industry. I worked directly with them on a poorly scoped project, but frankly, the client was exceedingly dysfunctional. They made the best of it, but when the client steering committee had 15 members (client employees), and all but 2 of them were laid off, changed jobs, or quit throughout a 2 year project, it's pretty clear that the problem was not with Stout's custom development team.

Cons

No central office, but if you're a qualified, reliable telework developer, they WILL allow 100% teleworking. Unfortunately, having a scattered 1099 paid team can lead to more frequent turnover. None of this applies to recruiting arm, which I believe is the best in class. Company namesake didn't bring much to the table, but he also has a pretty keen eye for talent, so nothing's really getting knocked off the table either. He leads by letting the smart people be themselves.

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your review!

7. 5.0
    Former Employee

One of the best recruitment firms I've worked with

Jul 21, 2015 - Junior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I wasn't really an employee of Stout's but I worked with them through their recruitment process. They kept in constant contact with me. They understood my skill level and they listened to what I was looking for in a job. They never submitted a resume to a company without my explicit permission and they always described the job in full detail before asking if I wanted to submit my resume. This is not the type of place where they throw everything at the wall and see what sticks. Their methods were very calculated and as a result of their excellent communication and listening they placed me in an absolutely perfect opportunity. It truly felt like Stout was working for my best interests the entire time. If I ever find myself in the job market again Stout will get the very first resume I send out! Thank you Stout!

Cons

No downsides at all working through their recruitment process. I'm very happy.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stout put me in the right place at the right time!

Nov 21, 2013 - Seasoned Engineering Role in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

*Excellent* person to person management! Extremely non-invasive on a personal level. However (where it counts) extremely familiar with and conscience of my skill set. Because when all is said and done, Stout is completely connected to the market. They knew exactly when to call me in for a position that is a precise fit and that is exactly why you need recruiter because you simply can't be everywhere at once and still excel in your field. --- Almost no job interview process anxiety, (basically none whatsoever) no time for it, had to start working immediately - just the way you would dream it to be - more than twice (formerly I chose shorter assignments) and now have a very n-i-i-i-i-i-c-e permanent role. I'm here until retirement I think (and hope). Thank you Stout!

Cons

Ummmm let's see nope can't think of any.

9. 5.0

Excellent To Work With!

Oct 4, 2017 - Senior Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've worked with Stout on and off for many years, and it's always been a positive experience. They most recently found me my current job, and it was a simple process of first talking to a couple people at Stout and then going to an interview at the actual company. Maybe it's my past experience wit them, but no silly competency tests or other annoyances that I've had other places.

Cons

None that I can think of now. They're pretty IT/Windows Programer heavy, and lacking in some other areas (realtime/embedded, automotive engineering, etc.) but I suppose it's good to specialize.

Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for your feedback!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Stout's job placement service is simply top notch!

Sep 23, 2018 - Senior Technical Writer in Ann Arbor, MI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was placed in a technical writing role and the experience couldn't have been better. Brian was cordial, professional, and went out of his way to stay in contact with me throughout every step of the process. I've been a technical writer for over 20 years now and I realize and appreciate the value of making people the number one priority - Stout Systems does this in spades.

Cons

There is nothing that I would suggest changing. The experience was fantastic!

Social Media Coordinator

We appreciate your review. Happy you had a great experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Reviews

Stout Systems Reviews FAQs

Stout Systems has an overall rating of 4.8 out of 5, based on over 34 reviews left anonymously by employees. 97% of employees would recommend working at Stout Systems to a friend and 96% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Stout Systems employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Stout Systems. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

97% of Stout Systems employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Stout Systems 4.8 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.7 for culture and values and 4.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Stout Systems to be management, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, benefits.

Popular Careers with Stout Systems Job Seekers